Chelsea v Zenit St Petersburg (CL) Tues 14th Sep KO 20:00 BST

coco

1 minute ago, Jangz said:

It would be nice to sometimes play a variation in formation 

Well said. This 3 at the back is way too rigid. Ideally you hook one of Azpi/James & go 4 at the back. Bring on Werner to stretch the play. Zenit are here for a point.

We will likely see this set up from a lot of teams that visit the bridge this season. TT needs to figure out a different strategy to break them down. The current line up might be ok away at Liverpool but we should show more attacking intent tonight.

I don't think anyone can argue that 0-0 at half time isn't a fair scoreline.

I'm not sure we're doing anything that badly wrong. We're dominating possession, denying them chances, finding space between the lines, (etc.) but in that Lukaku is becoming isolated, which allows one of their back three to man-mark him. We've got maybe two players in the box against four or five - even if the quality of our final balls hadn't been poor (which it has, Mount in particular), we're somewhat lacking in passing options. The obvious option is probably to bring one of Havertz or Werner (or even Barkley I suppose) on for Ziyech. I'm impressed that we haven't resorted to increasingly pointless potshots from distance.

Ref has been good though, has let what has been a fairly physical game flow.

Also I'm fairly sure their #44 drinks at my local.