Chelsea v Aston Villa (LC) Wed 22nd Sep KO 19:45 BST

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Kepa

James       Christensen     Chalobah

CHO              Kante          Saul          Chilwell

Ziyech              Loftus Cheek

Werner.

I think Mason needs protection from himself. I think he has hit the red zone after being played non stop for 2 years by Lampard and Southgate. Tuchel needs to give Mason a rest because Mason is too proud to come out and say he is mentally fatigued and Southgate doesn't care, he will still play him for 270 minutes in the next international break. 

Edited by The Don Antonio

14 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

Kepa

James       Christensen     Chalobah

CHO              Kante          Saul          Chilwell

Ziyech              Loftus Cheek

Werner.

I think Mason needs protection from himself. I think he has hit the red zone after being played non stop for 2 years by Lampard and Southgate. Tuchel needs to give Mason a rest because Mason is too proud to come out and say he is mentally fatigued and Southgate doesn't care, he will still play him for 270 minutes in the next international break. 

No way I will play Kante against vila our game vs city is on the 25th.

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

So, Saul and Chillwell should start, James needs to start. Malang Sarr should start so that he can be replacing Rudiger at times to allow Rudiger to rest. Trevor should start, then probably Christensen. Ross Barkley should start, then probably Werner should start upfront.

This is the kind of game where Mount should play. He should be the king in this type of games and still be playing few games for us in the league. Games like this can develop him. And since so many people don't want to hear that we should loan him out for now. So many people don't want to agree that he is not ready for us. 

What so many people are celebrating about him is that he is still young and energetic, but even if you are young and energetic but you lack the talent to play football well, then you are just not the right person.

2 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Nor Christensen.

We have a lot of games to play. Regardless of opposition league cup is for players not playing often and youth team players.

Key players should be nowhere near it.

7 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Nor Christensen.

We have a lot of games to play. Regardless of opposition league cup is for players not playing often and youth team players.

Silva will definitely miss this game, same with azpi so Chris/Rudi probably will play. 

It will probably be

Sarr - Chris - Chalobah 

Or maybe Tuchel just say who cares then we will play 

Sarr - Chalo - James 

CHO - Werner - Ziyech 

Chilwell - Ruben - Saul - James 

Sarr - Rudi/Chris - chalo

Is my prediction 

54 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

So, Saul and Chillwell should start, James needs to start. Malang Sarr should start so that he can be replacing Rudiger at times to allow Rudiger to rest. Trevor should start, then probably Christensen. Ross Barkley should start, then probably Werner should start upfront.

This is the kind of game where Mount should play. He should be the king in this type of games and still be playing few games for us in the league. Games like this can develop him. And since so many people don't want to hear that we should loan him out for now. So many people don't want to agree that he is not ready for us. 

What so many people are celebrating about him is that he is still young and energetic, but even if you are young and energetic but you lack the talent to play football well, then you are just not the right person.

Completely agree. Mount was so bad last year that he won poty. It was completely undeserved, how a talentless kid can be a key component that connect our midfield to our forward, that is just stupid. How a talentless kid outplayed "superstars" while being asked to play 20 different roles is just stupid. 

1 hour ago, hephzibah said:

SsLkoMZ.gif?noredirect

Wait this is about Mount?  

Where you even watching the matches last year?  

2 hours ago, hephzibah said:

Good to know it is possible to post on the forum from a parallel universe.

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

Silva will definitely miss this game, same with azpi so Chris/Rudi probably will play. 

It will probably be

Sarr - Chris - Chalobah 

Or maybe Tuchel just say who cares then we will play 

Sarr - Chalo - James 

CHO - Werner - Ziyech 

Chilwell - Ruben - Saul - James 

Sarr - Rudi/Chris - chalo

Is my prediction 

No need for Rudi and Andreas to play when we can  select Mbuyamba. Be good expierence for him.

3 hours ago, hephzibah said:

Are you sure you're watching the same Chelsea as the rest of us? 

The lad scored against plenty of opposition and made assists against teams like Real Madrid and City in the CL. That's the highest echelon of football. 

If that's lacking talent then you must be watching some alien league or something

On topic: We should rotate this game well, we have City after this and Villa have Utd so they too would probably rotate a lot of their first team as well. 

This might be the game that showcases the power of our squad

8 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

So who would you play next to saul. Jorgi and Kova have been playing non stop due to Kantes Injury. 

Maybe play Jorginho and Saul? And rest Kante and Kovacic they need it more, Jorginho isn't going to get injured.

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Nor Christensen.

I would have agreed if we were playing Wycombe like Man city but Villa came to the bridge and almost beat us a week ago. Tuchel will rest Rudiger and Silva but we need a calm head in that defence so i see Christensen or May be Azpi playing in defence

13 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I would have agreed if we were playing Wycombe like Man city but Villa came to the bridge and almost beat us a week ago. Tuchel will rest Rudiger and Silva but we need a calm head in that defence so i see Christensen or May be Azpi playing in defence

Villa probably would beat the line up I put forward but if it happens it happens.

23 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Villa probably would beat the line up I put forward but if it happens it happens.

To be honest i could give a rats ass about the league cup. For me it goes Premier league - Club world cup- Champions league- Fa cup - Youth FA CUP-  Womens Premier league  then the League cup.. HAHAHHAHAHAHHA

With one eye on Saturday this could be a tricky one. But it's the league cup after all and I doubt Villa will play their strongest 11.

I've got a feeling that Barkley and RLC are going to tear this one up if they start. Sarri approves.

City are playing a League One side plus they have one day more to rest. Would love to see a list of their cup opponents over the past few seasons.

Which excuse is Pep going to use? Wow this even rhymes.

Kepa

James      Sarr      Chalobah

CHO      Kovacic   Saul   Chilwell

Barkley    RLC  

Werner     

9 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

CHO Werner Ziyech

Saul Jorginho RLC

Chilwell Chalobah Chris James

Kepa

If we’re going to experiment with different formations then this is the game!

You can tinker with formations if you're playing your main players. If you're going full rotation, you want these subs to get some experience within your primary formation so if they need to be called upon as a replacement, it's as seamless as it can be.