Chelsea v Aston Villa (LC) Wed 22nd Sep KO 19:45 BST

coco

15 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

To be honest i could give a rats ass about the league cup. For me it goes Premier league - Club world cup- Champions league- Fa cup - Youth FA CUP-  Womens Premier league  then the League cup.. HAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Soooo errrm that's the octodruple? Well, why not.

Werner to shine in this one!

Obviously fielding a complete B/C-team isn't helping much but it's a good way to give players like Chalobah, Werner and Saul, Chilwell and CHO (edit: and Kepa) some needed game time.

I'd go with

Kepa

Trev            Christensen       Rüdiger

CHO                   Saul           Jorgi                 Chilwell

Ziyech           Havertz          Werner

Edited by weetee

19 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

To be honest i could give a rats ass about the league cup. For me it goes Premier league - Club world cup- Champions league- Fa cup - Youth FA CUP-  Womens Premier league  then the League cup.. HAHAHHAHAHAHHA

middle finger michael GIF by SuperEd86

Think I would go something like:

Kepa

James  Chalobah   Christensen   Chilwell

Saul

Mount            Loftus-Cheek

Ziyech                          Hudson-Odoi

Werner

6 hours ago, wizardous said:

Question : Why do some of you want to see a change of formation?

To give the first team players a rest, and if we are ever going to experiment with a different formation - Tuchel played with a back 4 at PSG I believe, Carabao cup is the place to do it. We can't really risk experimenting with a different formation in any other games. We don't have enough centre backs to give everyone a rest, as you can see in everyone's team sheets one of Christensen, Rudiger or Silva is in.

I think it's a good idea to start experimenting, in case our current formation get found out and we struggle to win games. Every style gets found out, it's what makes great managers great, they alter tactics and formations once it goes stale, to keep the team winning. It would be a smart move by Tuchel if he starts thinking about changing our play when it all goes wrong. Aka a plan B.

If teams figure us out at some point this season and we haven't tried anything else, we're going to be in a spot where it's difficult to get out of. We probably still have another season or so though.

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

To give the first team players a rest, and if we are ever going to experiment with a different formation - Tuchel played with a back 4 at PSG I believe, Carabao cup is the place to do it. We can't really risk experimenting with a different formation in any other games. We don't have enough centre backs to give everyone a rest, as you can see in everyone's team sheets one of Christensen, Rudiger or Silva is in.

I think it's a good idea to start experimenting, in case our current formation get found out and we struggle to win games. Every style gets found out, it's what makes great managers great, they alter tactics and formations once it goes stale, to keep the team winning. It would be a smart move by Tuchel if he starts thinking about changing our play when it all goes wrong. Aka a plan B.

If teams figure us out at some point this season and we haven't tried anything else, we're going to be in a spot where it's difficult to get out of. We probably still have another season or so though.

Let's say we beat or lose to vila b team using our b team in 433.

What do we learn about how our a team will play in 433? Nothing

CFC under two different managers have done well with 3 at back. I think better maybe to learn one system with a few variations really well. 

I really want to rest Kante, kova, and Jorginho, havertz, mount and alonso. 
so. 
keppa

james chalobah, christenson, Rudigier james

Saul rlc

ziyech Werner cho. 

‘’on the other hand I’d be sh** scared about the mess Saul and RLC could make of things, but the league cup has to be low priority. 

Edited by ozboy

4 hours ago, ozboy said:

CFC under two different managers have done well with 3 at back. I think better maybe to learn one system with a few variations really well. 

I really want to rest Kante, kova, and Jorginho, havertz, mount and alonso. 
so. 
keppa

james chalobah, christenson, Rudigier james

Saul rlc

ziyech Werner cho. 

‘’on the other hand I’d be sh** scared about the mess Saul and RLC could make of things, but the league cup has to be low priority. 

James, as good as he is, not being Kante, can't play both wing back positions at once so I guess Chiller will get the left back spot.

I dont see the rush to try 4 at the back, even with 3 back the back there are variations to change the game, like we did on Sunday.  As much as this is the least important cup, with the squad we got everyone still expects a good performance, if not a win. Werner, Chilwell, James, Chaloah , Saul will play, but still expect a couple of regular first team players. WOuldn't be surprised at all if we play Lukaku for 45 minutes, reckon Tuchel likes to see him play with another striker like Werner.

11 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I think it doesn't make sense to change the system that is obviously working perfectly, even if it's for one game only. Now it's not the time to think about that and I'm pretty certain Thomas has a plan B if something goes unexpectedly wrong.

As for the centre backs, well at least two of them may get some rest tonight which is also good considering the schedule is as tight as it gets. In theory James can play as a CB along with Chalobah and Sarr but I doubt that is going to happen. We might not even rotate that much.

City played with KdB, Sterling, Foden and Mahrez last night. All of them played 90 minutes. I know that most of us here (including myself) are not too concerned about the League Cup but this is not a friendly. We have to approach every game with the desire to win, no matter what it takes.

Kipper

James - Chalobah - Christensen - Sarr - Chilwell

RLC - Saúl

CHO - Lukaku - Werner

Midfield is a little suspect, maybe the defence as well, but if we struggle we just have to throw Kanté on to guarantee three points.

1 hour ago, Frawdulant said:

Anyone know whether a stream will be available for this one or if it'll be the standard 3rd round blackout?

Not on tv in the UK so looking like a dodgy stream.