Chelsea v Aston Villa (LC) Wed 22nd Sep KO 19:45 BST

coco

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

First I have heard of this. Surely we will be looking to extend his contract by another year if we can.

I saw an article that he was hanging is boots up after this season. I will see if I can dig it up.

2 minutes ago, Jangz said:

RLC is the deepest lying player.. not sure what you expect from him.. has distributed well and kept it tidy..

Tidy is not what I expect from him, more like dominate the midfield and be creative. He’s not a newbie anymore and we were expecting a lot more from him. But he’s not doing things wrong, if that’s what you mean, he’s just too ordinary for what he was supposed to be.

it would have been good if we could have tried a new formation.. our forward players are struggling.. Apart from Lukaku they havent been able to create impact.. with team playing a low block and we playing with two forwards tucked in.. everytime they look up they are up against 2-3 players.. 

We're so dreadful in our attack, we failed to create anything dangerous to test their goalkeeper. 

I don't know what's wrong with Ziyech, but this is not the player I expect to see. Saul offers clearly nothing. 

Happy to have back RLC in good form, he has to play like that in the second half as well. Chalobah and James are very good defensively, credit to Kepa too.

Werner is so lonely in front, even Chilwell and CHO failed to find him or anyone in the box.

We need a much better second half or we will lose here and we better not, we're in good form and we have to keep it going.

COME ON CHELS!!!

Just now, RMH said:

Tidy is not what I expect from him, more like dominate the midfield and be creative. He’s not a newbie anymore and we were expecting a lot more from him. But he’s not doing things wrong, if that’s what you mean, he’s just too ordinary for what he was supposed to be.

he is playing the Jorginho role.. how many does Jorginho create? you replace Saul with him positionally and he will have better impact. Your comment doesnt really apply - his job is to be the libero which he is doing a good job of..

Probably the worst half of football we have played so far this season. Saul, Ziyech and Sarr have been terrible in my opinion. If any of these were subbed off, it wouldn't surprise me. Hudson-Odoi needs to get involved more. Werner is trying, but is completely isolated and lacking any support. Chilwell is seeing a lot of the ball, but unsurprisingly looks rusty.

Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek have probably been the only consistently good players so far.

I will cut some slack since a lot of these players havent played for a while, and as a collective havent played together. 

However. 

Ziyech and Werner absolute garbage. Loose touches, weak, no threat. 

Saul, slightly better than the 1st horror show, but still poor. 

CHO needs to do more.

Sarr okay on the ball, but doesn't look that good tbh. 

On the plus side, Kepa, Chalobah, James, all been good, RLC been comfortable in that deeper role. Kante and Chilwell okay halves.

3 minutes ago, Jangz said:

it would have been good if we could have tried a new formation.. our forward players are struggling.. Apart from Lukaku they havent been able to create impact.. with team playing a low block and we playing with two forwards tucked in.. everytime they look up they are up against 2-3 players.. 

Not sure the formation will suddenly give Ziyech an acceptable 1st touch. Just looks off it tonight.

1 minute ago, RMH said:

High expectation for someone who hasn't played in this team for ages - especially since those players on the pitch are clearly a b-team that hasn't played together anytime before.

Decent half as there were some highlights, Chalobah by far the most interesting one, but all in all pretty forgettable in the bigger picture. Hopefully nobody gets injured.

8 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I saw an article that he was hanging is boots up after this season. I will see if I can dig it up.

Can't see that happening. One of the reasons why he joined us was so he could play one more world cup with Brazil.

In a recent interview, he said he wanted to play into his 40's like Maldini

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2021/7/1/22559938/thiago-silva-thinking-of-2022-world-cup-hoping-to-play-into-his-40s

More rust than Steptoe's Yard one for the kids there but what I am enjoying is the stream I'm watching it on there's no co- commentator. No spitty scouser, no Neville, Hoddle, or Savage etc wish it was like this all the time.