Chelsea v Man City (PL) Sat 25th Sep 2021 12:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Here we go… still so early on in the season but you cant help but feel this is a massive game. I don’t actually think it’s the three points that mean the most on Saturday, it’s more the rewards of winning on our mentality and determination for the rest of the season. Winning this game, after our start to the season will cement the idea of being favourites for the title. Liverpool then play City the week after so things could be looking nice for us. Basically what I’m trying to say is… we’re gunna win the league! 

Perhaps I am the only one but I feel abit fed up of the big games now, but after this one, our next big team game is 27th of November, against United.

Judging on our and City's current form, I'd be disappointed if we don't win this one. The season has only just begun, we are working well as a team, City so so, this is our chance to get 3 points before they get their sh*t together. Let's do it.

I think we all know what a big deal this game is. 

Liverpool and City are the bench marks, all of the last 4 titles won by them, 3 for City. We held pool with 10 men in their own back yard despite the ref being in their pocket.

Now we need to show both our metal and our quality. If we are seriously going to win the title we need to lay down a marker here.

Have to beat them and show how determined we are to be at the top. City know a draw looks great for them and the pressure is on us. I hope we show we can not only handle that, but thrive on it.

On 21/09/2021 at 10:40, jrshugo said:

Here we go… still so early on in the season but you cant help but feel this is a massive game. I don’t actually think it’s the three points that mean the most on Saturday, it’s more the rewards of winning on our mentality and determination for the rest of the season. Winning this game, after our start to the season will cement the idea of being favourites for the title. Liverpool then play City the week after so things could be looking nice for us. Basically what I’m trying to say is… we’re gunna win the league! 

If City lose the two games that may well put them out of the title race if the form of the teams above them continues.

I'm quite relaxed about the game tbh. Worst case is that we lose which would shift the media focus a bit away from us meaning we wouldn't be considered already winning the title 6gw in while winning would...be amazing obviously since it'd push City in quite a corner already and would give us 3p which is always a nice to have. Also, no point in getting sulky about a loss when basically the whole weekend's still ahead after the game.

Pep is starting to sound very techy in interviews this season, he is probably under more pressure than he lets on having failed to win the Champions League and seeing players turn away from the big money that City can offer ( Ronaldo and Kane(Levy)).

Hes a quality manager and i like him but he does come over as just a touch of a gibbering fool occasionally.

Edited by OneTommyLangley

Hope Mendy is fit for this one. Although Kepa has done okay in the two games, it's only a matter of time before a long range shot in the top corner will see him getting nowhere near it.

Pep will be desperate to address the record v TT and I do worry that the record has to end sometime. Just hope TT can keep the Indian sign over Pep like Jose did over Wenger. Would love 3 points but would take a draw at this stage of the season.