Chelsea v Man City (PL) Sat 25th Sep 2021 12:30 GMT

coco

We have certainly come a long way since tuchel took charge, we are now slight  favourites against city, who would have expected that last season. 

I feel like all us fans as well are quietly confident against any team we play. 

I still don’t think we are as slick and sharp as last season yet, I’m looking forward to seeing us at the top of our game. 

Tomorrow I think we go 3 in the middle again.

Mendy

Azpi       Silva      Rudi    

James                                                      Alonso 

Jorgi                 Kova

Kante 

Lukaku                Werner 

1 hour ago, SFL82 said:

We have certainly come a long way since tuchel took charge, we are now slight  favourites against city, who would have expected that last season. 

I feel like all us fans as well are quietly confident against any team we play. 

I still don’t think we are as slick and sharp as last season yet, I’m looking forward to seeing us at the top of our game. 

Tomorrow I think we go 3 in the middle again.

Mendy

Azpi       Silva      Rudi    

James                                                      Alonso 

Jorgi                 Kova

Kante 

Lukaku                Werner 

This is the team I would start but feel Tommy will play Christiansen and move Dave to rwb in place of Reece. He might also play Kai instead of Timo or even Kante. 

I'm happy with that line up. 

The midifled 3 of Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho worked really well against Spurs and hopefully helps us to win the midfield battle today. 

Werner deserves his start today and will hopefully have City thinking twice about pushing up too high. 

City are going to be well up for this one so hopefully we show a bit more quality than we have for large parts of the season so far. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Surprised to see Silva, Mount and Havertz all left out.

Mount is injured and I don't think Havertz can have too many complaints about being left out given how average he's looked so far this season. 

Silva was the only one I surprised to see not start but can only think Tuchel wanted to start James to try and peg Cancelo back a little. 

10 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Surprised to see Silva, Mount and Havertz all left out.

I would guess - Silva -age and legs having played in midweek-  Mount (injured) Havertz -I'm guessing that  TT plans to stretch the City defence with both Lukaku and Werner having pace, although he hasn't got the finesse of Havertz so I guess that was a toss up between the two.

13 hours ago, USATim said:

True. But three weeks on a sprained ankle is highly suspicious - kind of frees up Tuchel from having to explain why he isn't playing, now doesn't it? With Chelsea winning and playing well, don't see this changing anytime soon. Again, really hope Chelsea sells him soon as he will be buried  three to four deep when he is "finally healthy." 

He is a manage just coming off champions league win and has his club in first place in the EPL.  If he didn't want to play him he doesn't have to hide it.