Juventus v Chelsea (CL) Wed 29th Sep KO 20:00 BST

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

There is just a mentality that these boys don't have... you either have it or you don't. Ziyech isn't it... great depth, but shouldn't be starting over CHO... but since CHO is an academy player and didn't cost us 45m euros he doesn't get opportunity to waste after opportunity to waste after opportunity to waste.. 

I was really hoping for a good reaction and great energy from the boys, but I just didn't see it. We have so much individual quality but so many just stand there and expect something to happen... 

Just very frustrated after that performance - I should add that I didn't see the first half, only the second...

Really need a positive reaction on Saturday. Give RLC a chance in the middle w/Jorginho -- Chilwell from the start. No Ziyech 

Just now, Deino said:

Lukaku needs to get benched. Guy has offered feck all. Yeah I get he doesn't get service but you're not on the pitch for 90m just to wait for service. 

That's what separates worldclass strikers from good ones. 

That was the main reason I was against signing him, I just knew he would be untouchable. 

Does Tuchel genuinely believe he should be or is he wary of Rom's history when he's told to fight for his place? I'm not sure which would be worse.

That said he'll score us a truckload vs the lesser sides so should play them but against the big teams he should be supersub until his performances warrant more.

Disappointing loss, but we can blame only us. Like I said before the 2nd half started, Juventus will score their goal but I could never imagine it would be so early. 

Another 1-0 loss, 2nd game we're failing to score, even create something special. Keeping high percents of possession gives us nothing in the game.

Something is not working there and we better wake up against Southampton because another 2-3 performances like this and we will be out of the PL chase and CL as well.

In Tuchel I trust, COME ON CHELS!

3 shots on target in our last 180 mins in European football isn't good enough. Sadly Man U just scored as well smh. Look I'm not going to go overly negative, when we're watching the game we can all get frustrated but, this is not the kind of football that will win us titles in fact it's not good enough to win games judging from our last 3 games since we needed pens to get past Villa.

This means we've scored 1 in our last 3 games it may be too early to say the goals have dried up but, I want to see a plan b not just a like for like swap I want to see Tommy tactics do what we all know he can. I want to see dynamic attacking football that entertains us. 

Screenshot_20210929-215704_Chrome.jpg

Edited by LongtimerLurker

3 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

I said it early on and maybe too early but now it’s clear playing with a target man has killed that flowing silky football that created about 30 chances against Real Madrid. 

We need to figure it out sharpish, games coming thick and fast. We are lacking that quality, we looked near unbeatable in big games last season, now it’s too slow, too laborious and no bright ideas.

When timo doesn’t score his game contribution is still massive when Lukaku doesn’t score not only does nothing but stifles every attack. 

Thinking its more that Lukaku and only 2 other attacking players is the problem. 

Gotta figure out how to surround him with 3 other attackers.

Looking forward to seeing some combination of CHO, Mount, Timo, Pulisic with Lukaku as the Striker on the field at the same time in advanced positions.

Dunno if TT can make that happen with his preferred system. 

Edited by PetrCechYourself

Well that was grim.. we can’t string to passes together once we are into the opponent’s half..

pulisic and mount looking even better by not playing.. our forward players look completely lost and ineffective.. the back 3 formation is a forward killer.. maybe time to bin it.. lukaku should have scored at least one..

when chances are so far and few .. strikers tend to miss more.. that is how we lost Werner.. he had started really well .. dampens the mood around us a lot.. 

4 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Straight back to Cobham - heading training until all the f**king players have dementia. 

10 ball head out.

Gilmore putting in the crosses. Havertz and Lukaku have a free run on to the ball. Drogba is in a kneeling position on the penalty spot with Rudiger and Christensen marking him.

Drogba wins all 10.

1 minute ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

There is just a mentality that these boys don't have... you either have it or you don't. Ziyech isn't it... great depth, but shouldn't be starting over CHO... but since CHO is an academy player and didn't cost us 45m euros he doesn't get opportunity to waste after opportunity to waste after opportunity to waste.. 

I was really hoping for a good reaction and great energy from the boys, but I just didn't see it. We have so much individual quality but so many just stand there and expect something to happen... 

Just very frustrated after that performance - I should add that I didn't see the first half, only the second...

Really need a positive reaction on Saturday. Give RLC a chance in the middle w/Jorginho -- Chilwell from the start. No Ziyech 

CHO played well today but to be fair he hasn’t made the most out of the opportunities he has been given in previous games. I don’t blame the manager starting ziyech and co ahead of him. He needs to be more consistent and play the way he played today more often if he wants to start.

Simply not good enough

so far we have flattered to deceive this season…do we have the fire in our bellies to go again? This defines good squads

Is Havertz going to be known for one goal…so far he has been gash this season

Can Tuchel motivate this set of players again?  We are awful to watch against teams with a low bloc
Lots of questions to be answered. Saturday is now a huge game, a must win

1 minute ago, USATim said:

Pulisic isn't on US roster for upcoming WC qualifiers, which means he probably won't play Saturday. Hope Tuchel starts him after the break along with Mount, as this offense is sadly lacking any crativity.

Well at least the defeat hasn't affected your priorities!

First hour was complete dogsh*t, last 20 minutes was hilarious. Ultimately we've lost the hardest game in the group.

Southampton have managed to draw against Man City and Man Utd, a run which will presumably continue at the weekend considering our paucity of attacking quality in the absence of Mount and Kanté. I have rarely looked forward to an international break more than this...

3 minutes ago, USATim said:

Pulisic isn't on US roster for upcoming WC qualifiers, which means he probably won't play Saturday. Hope Tuchel starts him after the break along with Mount, as this offense is sadly lacking any crativity.

Do you actually support Chelsea or would you follow any team where pulisic plays? 

3 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

I said it early on and maybe too early but now it’s clear playing with a target man has killed that flowing silky football that created about 30 chances against Real Madrid. 

We need to figure it out sharpish, games coming thick and fast. We are lacking that quality, we looked near unbeatable in big games last season, now it’s too slow, too laborious and no bright ideas.

When timo doesn’t score his game contribution is still massive when Lukaku doesn’t score not only does nothing but stifles every attack. 

Juve didn't play like a big team though. They parked the bus and we couldn't break them down, the same issues we had with compact teams last season.  There's zero creativity in midfield and the wingers aren't also helping matters.

1 minute ago, Malcolm9 said:

I love how Lukaku is being picked out, the team as a whole were pretty poor. We are far to plodding in possession, we aren't going to create chances like that against low block teams.

I’m not surprised. A lot of the people that didn’t want the signing were just waiting for their “I told you so” moment. 

2 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

CHO played well today but to be fair he hasn’t made the most out of the opportunities he has been given in previous games. I don’t blame the manager starting ziyech and co ahead of him. He needs to be more consistent and play the way he played today more often if he wants to start.

He has featured probably just once in his preferred position.. yet we see ziyech serve up nothing but tosh every week.

why are we trying to show horn him into a wing back.. when clearly he is better on the left is beyond me.