Juventus v Chelsea (CL) Wed 29th Sep KO 20:00 BST

coco

It’s been obvious Pulisic would be injured most of the time since the day he joined. Can’t say I’m the least bit surprised. Lampard pointed out he needed to be managed with care. Think we’ve done our dough there to an extent and I’m a big supporter of him as a player when he is fit. 

will Kante and Jorginho be fit? Can azpi play twice a week as wing back?

dave/cho  chalobah christenson Rudigier alonso

Jorginho kova 

havertz mount (Timo if mount unable)

romelu 

Mendy

Azpil   Christensen    Rudiger 

CHO       Jorginho        Kanté    Chillwell

Havertz      Werner        Mount 

9 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Still have some seriously good defenders they do, legendary ones like Chelleini and Bonucci, plus De ligt,  there left back is supposedly pretty good too, what's his name?.... Adam Santos? Allan Sandros? Alec Santa? 

Time for a false 9 then.

5 minutes ago, coco said:

Mendy

Azpil   Christensen    Rudiger 

CHO       Jorginho        Kanté    Chillwell

Havertz      Werner        Mount 

Tbf Rom could probably do with a break, we ended up needing him for Villa mid week. I think it could be good for him to watch us out of possession with a fluid front 3. Also we would get a chance to see if these lot can step up again without relying on Lukaku. We don't want the players getting too comfortable relying on Rom to be our primary goal scorer we need it from everywhere especially those 3 you have picked at the front

Random thought guys but the only two games we've dropped points against in the prem are the the other 2 best teams in the league and arguably the world (alongside I'd argue 2 of the 5 best coaches in the world without a doubt some may say currently 2 out of the top 3 I'd also say probably). 

What do these two games have in common? I don't want to give this player too much credit but, I think vs teams that play at such a high intensity not only is he vital to defending against this but, also his own natural power and pace help maintain our intensity and allow for chance creation and goal scoring.

Reece James was either sent off or injured, now there is no way to guarantee the scoreline would be different but, I do think he is a very important aspect to the way Tuchel likes to play, especially vs the bigger teams. One only needs to look at his performance last season in the bigger games.

Its a shame he's out for this one but, I'd say we can't complain too much about him or Pulisic since Max has confirmed both Alvaro and Paulo will be out for this one which may seem like a positive for us and I guess it is but, now they're likely to play even more defensive if that's even possible 😂

Some reading online has put forward Pulisic injury has not fully healed and proved worse than first expected, we did seem to be too optimistic on his return given he came back on cruches. Also James is certainly out till after after international break at the earliest.

Silva and Jorgi are carrying knocks and won't be 100%, Kante is not over the sickness he had and still does not "feel right". Mount not expected back for this one.

Assuming that is correct guess that leaves us with something like:

Mendy

Chalobah

Christensen

Rudiger

Dave

Kova

RLC

Chilwell

Havertz

Lukaku

CHO

Edited by axman2526

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Some reading online has put forward Pulisic injury has not fully healed and proved worse than first expected, we did seem to be too optimistic on his return given he came back on cruches. Also James is certainly out till after after international break at the earliest.

Silva and Jorgi are carrying knocks and won't be 100%, Kante is not over the sickness he had and still does not "feel right". Mount not expected back for this one.

Assuming that is correct guess that leaves us with something like:

Mendy

Chalobah

Christensen

Rudiger

Dave

Kova

RLC

Chilwell

Havertz

Lukaku

CHO

Haven't been able to find anything on the Pulisic injury since Tuchel saying he was not ready this past weekend. Where did you find your latest info on him? Love to read it.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Some reading online has put forward Pulisic injury has not fully healed and proved worse than first expected, we did seem to be too optimistic on his return given he came back on cruches.

That's complete doggone bullsh*t, Tuchel is a liar. Pulisic is obviously not injured, we need to drain the swamp at Stamford Bridge.

3 hours ago, USATim said:

Haven't been able to find anything on the Pulisic injury since Tuchel saying he was not ready this past weekend. Where did you find your latest info on him? Love to read it.

Not in depth but is part of an article written by David Pasztor:

"Christian Pulisic continues to miss time with an ankle injury, and seems unlikely to be back even though he was originally expected to be back this time last week. "

From https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2021/9/27/22696344/juventus-vs-chelsea-champions-league-you-choose-the-starting-lineup

Havertz will be needed for his height in this one, I expect a cagey affair. Ziyech tends to play better in Europe or against better opposition domestically so this could have his name written on it. I've not been impressed with CHO much recently but, with James injury I would like to see some positive play from our was so I'd have him and Chilly b.

Aside from that I'm not too fussed but, I want to see intensity this game from the onset, us bringing the game to them. I think sometimes our players forget what it means to be UCL champions. Yes the prestige is great but, now every single team coach and player are gunning for you they all want to play and beat you and if you're not at your highest level and I mean the level that is capable to go blow to blow with City then you may struggle. 

Edited by LongtimerLurker

7 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

If this fixture could hurry and get here, that'd be great

Always takes ages to get to a game after a poor performance and loss I agree. Though at least we have 2 games before the next international break to put it right.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Not in depth but is part of an article written by David Pasztor:

"Christian Pulisic continues to miss time with an ankle injury, and seems unlikely to be back even though he was originally expected to be back this time last week. "

From https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2021/9/27/22696344/juventus-vs-chelsea-champions-league-you-choose-the-starting-lineup

Saw that same thing. Proves nothing, as this is merely conjecture on the writer's part - no quotes, no info, no nothing other than the same info you and I are privy to.

It seems like Kante is not available for this game.

Important to bounce back and get a win there, won't be easy but we can do it. I will take a simple 1-0, but 3 points.

I'd like to see this starting lineup:

------------- Mendy -----------

-- Christensen - Silva - Rudiger --

James -- Kovacic -- Jorginho -- Chilwell

--------- Havertz ----- Werner/Mount --------

--------------- Lukaku ---------

If Mount is available, then him in the lineup instead of Werner.

COME ON CHELS!!!!

22 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Aside from facing United I would imagine this is the game Rom is very motivated for a good showing in.

I really hope your'e wrong because he should be most motivated when were playing THE best teams, not the teams he has beef with.

1 hour ago, coco said:

I really hope your'e wrong because he should be most motivated when were playing THE best teams, not the teams he has beef with.

Far as Juve go @coco if you were a top class footballer tell me you would not feel extra motivated, and take more enjoyment in, in scoring winning winning against say Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool etc?

Juve were the big rival to him at Inter, along with Milan.

Far as United go, well there fans made videos of all his errors and still mock him to this day. Again woild you not like to prove a point?

Does not mean you would be not motivated against everyone else, just means the others are extra special.

Sadly no Mason, Reece, Christian and ofc Kanté. Big opportunity for Timo to grasp if he gets to play. Hope we play 3421 Ziyech, Havertz and Timo all options either side of Lukaku or if we're feeling spicy give Rom a break and play our usual pressing game with Kai false 9 Timo and Ziyech either side. Or Timo down the middle, realistically I see Lukaku flanked by Ziyech and one of Havertz or Werner. I would love to see Havertz, Werner and Lukaku just once.

Mendy 

Christensen      Silva       Rudiger

Azpil      Jorginho     Kovacic     Chilwell

Ziyech               Havertz

Lukaku

Based off the injury news I'm pretty confident we see something like this, I'd expect Timo, Alonso and Trevor to all come in at the weekend and potentially Ruben who I think will come on as a sub during this game.

I think Juve will sit back and TT will want height and creativity from Kai. Creativity from Ziyech and the ability to overload mifield with the dual 10s. Timo won't get any lot of space in this game that's the only reason why I have him benched. Lukaku to deal with the big cbs. Andreas and Thiago for their experience alongside Azpil and Rudi, finally Ben as a more athletic presence down the left and Alonso needs a break.