Conor Gallagher

Oli

Kid definately deserves his own thread now. Man of the match performances galore for Crystal Palace, but more importantly he is very decisive for them. 2 goals, 2 penalties won, 1 assist. But more than just that the energy, ball winning..every thing about his game has been really impressive. If he keeps it up, theres no reason why he cant be a decent squad player next year.

1 hour ago, Oli said:

Kid definately deserves his own thread now. Man of the match performances galore for Crystal Palace, but more importantly he is very decisive for them. 2 goals, 2 penalties won, 1 assist. But more than just that the energy, ball winning..every thing about his game has been really impressive. If he keeps it up, theres no reason why he cant be a decent squad player next year.

Problem for us is that he plays the same style of box to box midfield as Kante ane Kova do.

He cannot take the place of the former, no one can. So either you go to a midfield 3 so you can fit 2 in at a time, or you loan him again if he is willing.

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Sell Kovacic and replace him with Conor in a year or 2.

Whats wrong with Kovacic?.

2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Gallagher and Mount as the two behind Lukaku. 

They'd bring so much energy and pressing that it wouldn't matter what Lukaku does in the press LOL.

Gallagher looks better in a 8 than playing behind the striker.

3 hours ago, abramovich said:

It seems at Palace he plays the role similar to what Mount does with us.

Not sure thats his best position.

The reason i asked where he is ging to play is i think his best position is in central midfielder yet we only usually play 2. We are stacked there with Jorginho,Kova,Kante,RLC, Gilmour coming back plus the intrest in Tchouameni/Rice. I just dont see where he is going to play.

53 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Why sell Kova?.  He still has like 5 good years in him. Besides Kova plays deep while Conor is more of an attacking midfielder . I see Conor battling it out with Mount when he returns

To answer you and @jack_super_class, if we are going to fit Conor in our side it would be as a wide forward, where Mount is pushed in to, it will be as an 8 in a 2 or probably 3, and I woild give him Kovas place as he is already superior as an attacking players where Kova often hurts us.

10 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

To answer you and @jack_super_class, if we are going to fit Conor in our side it would be as a wide forward, where Mount is pushed in to, it will be as an 8 in a 2 or probably 3, and I woild give him Kovas place as he is already superior as an attacking players where Kova often hurts us.

I am not understanding your point. Kovacic and Conor play completely different positions. Kova plays as a deep lying midfielder that drives foward. Conor plays as an attacking midfielder . i can even see Kova and Conor in the same midfield but not in a pivot because Conor isn't made for the Pivot. Kova doesn't offer a lot offensively but he does make up for it in this defensive ability and his ability to recycle possesion. 

I get your point about Conor as an attacking midfielder , i just don't see him and Kova fighting for the same position

Edited by The Don Antonio

4 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

I am not understanding your point. Kovacic and Conor play completely different positions. Kova plays as a deep lying midfielder that drives foward. Conor plays as an attacking midfielder . i can even see Kova and Conor in the same midfield but not in a pivot because Conor isn't made for the Pivot. Kova doesn't offer a lot offensively but he does make up for it in this defensive ability and his ability to recycle possesion. 

I get your point about Conor as an attacking midfielder , i just don't see him and Kova fighting for the same position

Jorgi

Kante----Gallagher (replacing Kova)

Or in our recent game at Brentford

Dave---Kante---RLC---Gallagher----Chilwell

29 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Jorgi

Kante----Gallagher (replacing Kova)

Or in our recent game at Brentford

Dave---Kante---RLC---Gallagher----Chilwell

Fair enough. In a 3 man midfield he could Replace Kante or kova because they both dont have that attacking threat, but kova could just move to the defensive midfield position instead of being sold. 

5 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Fair enough. In a 3 man midfield he could Replace Kante or kova because they both dont have that attacking threat, but kova could just move to the defensive midfield position instead of being sold. 

If he learned to be more disciplined there he absoutley could.