Brentford v Chelsea (PL) Sat 16th Oct KO 17:30 BST

coco

Just the motivation we need to beat them on Saturday, to take the game out of that biased referee's hands. I don't that online petition or protest will do us any good, just need to get it out of the system and play the best we could. We play 8/10 game, we should beat them even A Taylor is a factor. He's just like that Clatterberg guy, instead of doing his job without being noticed like his better peers, turn the game about himself by making those shocking calls.

2 hours ago, ozboy said:

It is a losing mentality to complain about the ref, or the pitch,or the weather. Just shifts responsibilities away from the players  to someone else. 

if brentford win, which they won’t, it’s because they played better on the day. If we execute our plan, whatever that is, we win. 

Have you mentally blanked the Anthony Taylor Chronicles from your mind or something? 

given the petition has been well publicised it seems crazy they've put him in charge. I can only hope that all the attention makes him think twice about screwing us over.

the club should file a report. the win % when he is reffing us is incredibly telling when compared to just about all other refs.   

Im not going to lie lads was looking forward to this one (still am) but, this does just hang a bit of a cloud over the game. The Liverpool game was such a good contest before the card and despite what people say about us holding on and showing how impressive we can be defensively that's not what we should have had to do. 

I don't like the flow of a game being ruined by a controversial decision that is down right absurd I dont think anyone can really complain if we conceded the pen but, James stays on.

For me VAR  not showing the full incident and Anthony foaming at the mouth to pull out the card ruined the game not just for the mutual but, I'd argue for both sides of fans (scousers might have enjoyed being on top but they couldn't attack on transition which is their bread and butter). End of the day for us the contest was at best over at half time.

Going back to this upcoming fixture I hope Anthony Taylor and VAR especially will attempt to officiate more fairly because no matter what anybody says to me that decision is incorrect based on my reasoning he didn't watch the whole play but merely the incident the ball hit his arm which importantly was after he had blocked it on the line with his thigh or knee anyway. 

How are we able to go back all the way to Azpil supposedly committing a foul and disallowing a goal two or 3 phases later but we can't stand at a monitor for 5-10 seconds to see how the ball hits his arm. That for me says it all no I'm not saying a bias against Chelsea what I'm saying is there is no consistency which is just not acceptable. 

13 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Just the motivation we need to beat them on Saturday, to take the game out of that biased referee's hands. I don't that online petition or protest will do us any good, just need to get it out of the system and play the best we could. We play 8/10 game, we should beat them even A Taylor is a factor. He's just like that Clatterberg guy, instead of doing his job without being noticed like his better peers, turn the game about himself by making those shocking calls.

This. As long as we turn up and put in a great (doesn't have to be perfect) performance, we win this game, regardless of the ref.

It reminds me of the Barca travesty in 2009. As bad as the ref was (the worst I've ever seen), had we taken a number of our chances, the cheating from the red wouldn't have mattered. Brentford are not Barcelona.

2 hours ago, General said:

International Break

Bent ref 

Least it’s not the early KO bc that’s a recipe for an upset

I’d play the best 11 available  James & Kante been training dunno about Pully ?

mendy 

James Dave AC Chalobah Chilly

kante Kova 

mount Werner 

Lukaku 

Is Rudi injured ?

1 hour ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Is Rudi injured ?

Missed Deutschlands last game with a back complaint.

1 hour ago, KonaKai Blue said:

This. As long as we turn up and put in a great (doesn't have to be perfect) performance, we win this game, regardless of the ref.

It reminds me of the Barca travesty in 2009. As bad as the ref was (the worst I've ever seen), had we taken a number of our chances, the cheating from the red wouldn't have mattered. Brentford are not Barcelona.

Never understatement the lengths Taylor will go to make himself the star of the show.

Anyone else go to post and get redirected to an error page saying the site refused the request due to the header field being too large?

At the mo it happens when I try to open Zetas latest prediction league post or the following nearest and dearest one.

Edited by axman2526

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Anyone else go to post and get redirected to an error page saying the site refused the request due to the header field being too large?

At the mo it happens when I try to open Zetas latest prediction league post or the following nearest and dearest one.

Apparently it is an issue with Samsung internet...

Anyways if Rudiger is out maybe a good time to switch to a back 4 with Silva also out.

Mendy

James

Chalobah

Christensen

Chilwell

Kante

RLC

Mount

Havertz

Werner

Lukaku

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Apparently it is an issue with Samsung internet...

Anyways if Rudiger is out maybe a good time to switch to a back 4 with Silva also out.

Mendy

James

Chalobah

Christensen

Chilwell

Kante

RLC

Mount

Havertz

Werner

Lukaku

We have seen this scenario a million times. If you play Werner and ask him to track back and defend, may as well not play him.  If you don't ask him to defend then you will ask Mount to play like Willian and that is impossible 

Edited by Bob stark

8 minutes ago, mojo said:

out:

Rudi, Pulisic injured

Ziyech headache

Silva too late back

Well I doubt TT trust Sarr to play and I dont expect him to threw a youngster like Mbuyamba in there either so that means one of Dave, Trev or Alonso plays LCB or we do indeed play a back 4.

5 hours ago, Bob stark said:

We have seen this scenario a million times. If you play Werner and ask him to track back and defend, may as well not play him.  If you don't ask him to defend then you will ask Mount to play like Willian and that is impossible 

That would be RLC and Kantes job when it is a back 4. With Kante that is more than covered.

18 minutes ago, wizardous said:

Azpi - Christensen - Chalobah. No need to panic.

Did he say anything about how serious Toni's injury is?

Against an offence that scored 3 and should have scored more against VVD and Co? 

There is a reason Rudi plays every game. It is not that he is a better defender than Christensen and Co is that he is the only one who can do a top job on the left of the back 3. Do we forget what happened when we used Zouma there?

13 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Against an offence that scored 3 and should have scored more against VVD and Co? 

There is a reason Rudi plays every game. It is not that he is a better defender than Christensen and Co is that he is the only one who can do a top job on the left of the back 3. Do we forget what happened when we used Zouma there?

This is a system that doesn't rely on one player. Yes Rudiger has been instrumental to this back three but there is no need to experiment with a change of shape. We have the capacity to replace him.

Why do you doubt Chalobah? He's made no mistakes at RCB so far and he looks pretty confident on the ball (unlike Zouma), so playing on the other side shouldn't be a problem. Not to mention he's already managed to score two goals.

1 hour ago, wizardous said:

This is a system that doesn't rely on one player. Yes Rudiger has been instrumental to this back three but there is no need to experiment with a change of shape. We have the capacity to replace him.

Why do you doubt Chalobah? He's made no mistakes at RCB so far and he looks pretty confident on the ball (unlike Zouma), so playing on the other side shouldn't be a problem. Not to mention he's already managed to score two goals.

I don't doubt Trev, we know he will keep mistakes as he is still learning his trade but if we are shifting a RCB to the left would be best to ask Dave to do it since he was a really good LB once upon a time and his ability to adapt is higher on his quality list.

In the main though if TT trusted any of our defenders to replace Rudi he would have rotated him more, like everyone else.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Well I doubt TT trust Sarr to play and I dont expect him to threw a youngster like Mbuyamba in there either so that means one of Dave, Trev or Alonso plays LCB or we do indeed play a back 4.

That would be RLC and Kantes job when it is a back 4. With Kante that is more than covered.

You can't defend with just 6 players. 7 is already very2 difficult. 7 + 1 is usually the bare minimum for good defense. 

So on paper you push Werner and Lukaku high and you ask Havertz to be the +1 and that mean Mount need to be Willian which is asking too much out of Mount 

2 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

You can't defend with just 6 players. 7 is already very2 difficult. 7 + 1 is usually the bare minimum for good defense. 

So on paper you push Werner and Lukaku high and you ask Havertz to be the +1 and that mean Mount need to be Willian which is asking too much out of Mount 

Kante counts as 3 we all know that. Man is a machine.

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Mendy

Azpilicueta Christensen Chalobah

Jorginho Kante

James                            Chilwell

Werner Mount

Lukaku

Don't fancy Kai for this one gol?