Brentford v Chelsea (PL) Sat 16th Oct KO 17:30 BST

coco

Just now, axman2526 said:

Don't think RLC deserves another start after he played well against Saints?

I go with experience to get the win since Chalobah is young and Rudiger and T.Silva are out. Basically this is the strongest lineup I could think of unless you want to put in Alonso instead of Chilwell.

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I go with experience to get the win since Chalobah is young and Rudiger and T.Silva are out. Basically this is the strongest lineup I could think of unless you want to put in Alonso instead of Chilwell.

Fair enough.

Incidently Taylor must be a happy bunny right now, already making headlines:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10083195/Chelsea-fans-fear-worst-Anthony-Taylor-picked-referee-Brentford.html?fbclid=IwAR3VtcGE4nXJHDzFofwTrgTy5g5b_XcSY5AAvQQzqh6xXiv10oaH57fNtSc

30 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Those are some known people to me too, Khalid, Benson and that CFCdaily twitter account...

I guess it's impossible to not think about the ref ahead of this game, he loves his Manchester and has been controversial against us already too many times. Still I hope that there is another reason why he was given this game, to show that he is not biased against us, at the expense of poor Brentford, just so that he can later on continue with his usual behavior. 

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Mendy

Azpilicueta Christensen Chalobah

Jorginho Kante

James                            Chilwell

Werner Mount

Lukaku

Plan A

Mendy

Jorginho Kante

James           Mount           Chilwell

Havertz     

Lukaku

Plan B

Mendy

Jorginho  Kante

James           Mount          Chilwell

Havertz  Werner  

I would start with plan B personally, plan A is what Brentford will be expecting and to some degree will prefer as it's straight forward, keep Lukaku with his back to goal and ask him the question 'can he make the ball stick', because he has struggled with his back to goal and poor first touch in the last 5-6 games.

9 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Don't think RLC deserves another start after he played well against Saints?

i feel like we should start with RLC and bring on Kanté for him later in the game to kill the game. I feel it must be a mental blow for any team to see a fit kanté coming on in the 60th minute if you are chasing the game. 

Mendy

Chalobah Christensen Azpi                

James**                                               Chilwell

Kova  RLC* 

Mount              Werner    

Lukaku

*(kanté on around 60th)

** James could go into midfield position to match brentford mid 3, transforming us into a back 4. Or we might see James or Azpi coming off for jorginho or another midfielder depending on who starts. 

also becomes obvious that we don't have a natural back up for the left cb position

Edited by azpi28

Dave  played two hard competitive games in the break, gains the best left side attackers in Italy  and France and did well. It’s still asking a lot of him to turn up again against brentford. It’s complicated with Silva and Rudigier out but  you could play Reece and cho on the right side of defence.