i love english breakfast and Chelsea (not necessarily in that order)

10 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Oh and deep fried mars bars are actually much nicer than they sound - not nearly as sickly as I thought they'd be but the one in another local pub was nicer than the one I had at Glastonbury.

I've never had a deep fried Mars bar 🤔 I would probably prefer a deep fried Snickers bar, come to think of it.

Was funny during the Euro's opposition fans taking the piss out of English food as if it's some sort of national embarrassment and something we care about. The Italians had a banner with you put pineapple on pizza and after we beat Denmark the guy who played Hannibal tweeted just lost to the beans on toast lot.😆

37 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Was funny during the Euro's opposition fans taking the piss out of English food as if it's some sort of national embarrassment and something we care about. The Italians had a banner with you put pineapple on pizza and after we beat Denmark the guy who played Hannibal tweeted just lost to the beans on toast lot.😆

I was amazed when I discovered that people thought beans on toast was unusual.

11 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I was amazed when I discovered that people thought beans on toast was unusual.

One thing every house had growing up was stale bread and beans were cheap so it made economic sense. It's funny Italian food is some of the best in the world not that I'm an expert but in the 70's and 80's nearly every greasy spoon in London was run by Italians I think they stayed after the war. Must of been weird for them going from  fresh pasta, olive oil etc to black pudding and HP sauce.