Rangers Match Day Thread 2022-2023

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

9 minutes ago, Valerie said:

@Boyne PSV's strongest point is f**king things up for themselves, after getting their hopes up :face_palm: 

Joey Veerman, PSV midfielder, speaking to RTL7: "Just before half-time we missed two big opportunities, that's where it went wrong for us. They hardly created any chances. In the end, I think it's unfair that they are through, but it doesn't matter what I think of them. We just didn’t do enough ourselves."

Such is football Joey.

If Chelsea and Rangers are drawn against each other, I'm tempted to turn up at the Bridge and go to my usual seat wearing a Rangers shirt. Could get a few funny looks. Fortunately I've been in the same seat for the last 25 seasons so most people know me.

24 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Joey Veerman, PSV midfielder, speaking to RTL7: "Just before half-time we missed two big opportunities, that's where it went wrong for us. They hardly created any chances. In the end, I think it's unfair that they are through, but it doesn't matter what I think of them. We just didn’t do enough ourselves."

Such is football Joey.

If Chelsea and Rangers are drawn against each other, I'm tempted to turn up at the Bridge and go to my usual seat wearing a Rangers shirt. Could get a few funny looks. Fortunately I've been in the same seat for the last 25 seasons so most people know me.

If my Dutch club Helmond Sport climb out of the bottom of the second tier division and get themselves promoted and become champions and draw Chelsea in the CL, I just don't know which club to support in this very likely scenario 😀

16 minutes ago, Valerie said:

If my Dutch club Helmond Sport climb out of the bottom of the second tier division and get themselves promoted and become champions and draw Chelsea in the CL, I just don't know which club to support in this very likely scenario 😀

In some ways I'd love for Chelsea to meet Rangers. Atmosphere would be great and it would be good to have some great banter with Rangers supporting family and friends and fellow Chelsea supporters. But then again it would be a dilemma for me. Who to support? It could come to me not going to the match. 

The last time I wore a Rangers shirt to the Bridge was for the first home game after my Dad passed away. Out of respect to him as he was a Rangers fan. Wore a Chelsea shirt to the Scottish Cup Final in 1989. Sadly Rangers lost 1-0 to Celtic. 

Decisions, decisions.

On 27/08/2022 at 13:41, carrickblue said:

If Rangers beat Liverpool, the reaction here in the Shedend will be massive!

Very true. I'll be drunk for a week! Commentators will going on about the great European nights at Anfield. If they think they're great, wait till they get to Ibrox.

So Rangers are away to a small team from the East End of Glasgow next Saturday. Was hoping to watch it but may have to miss it. Depends on the re-scheduling of Chelsea's match against West Ham. A blues double would be wonderful.

A pain that the Chelsea v West Ham game has been switched back to Saturday. Means I'll miss the Rangers match unless a pub near the Bridge is showing the game. A blues double this weekend would be wonderful.