Moises Caicedo to Chelsea! "Official"

axman2526
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Being liked as Potters first signing, a raid on his old club in an area we are terribly short on:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/15/arsenal-man-utd-target-moises-caicedo-makes-chelsea-transfer-admission-17379095/?fbclid=IwAR1DRXh8f_oYHgGS0mimR5Dn8bMO9Ux59bZ4AL13vEhb-zfuArKz5leNbRY

Would could add more steel and creativity to our midfield if we take a look at Sheff Uniteds Sander Berge too imo 

41 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Going to be another mad amount but the midfield issue should of been addressed months ago. 

End of Kante I imagine.

I would like Kante to stay but we cannot rely upon him to stay fit. Kovacic and Jorginho should go, and in a fantasy world Rice and Bellingham come in.

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

I would like Kante to stay but we cannot rely upon him to stay fit. Kovacic and Jorginho should go, and in a fantasy world Rice and Bellingham come in.

Think a lot is dependent on how Zakaria, Carny, and Casadei perform this season. The latter already bossing the development squad. 

We may need to only bring in one additional body (Caicedo) if all 3 perform up to standard. 

Jorginho and Kante for me can leave. I still rate Kova highly. 

1 minute ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Think a lot is dependent on how Zakaria, Carny, and Casadei perform this season. The latter already bossing the development squad. 

We may need to only bring in one additional body (Caicedo) if all 3 perform up to standard. 

Jorginho and Kante for me can leave. I still rate Kova highly. 

I am not honestly expecting to see much of those 3 unless we end up adding Kova, Jorgi, RLC and either Gallagher or Mount to the injured list.

20 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

I am not honestly expecting to see much of those 3 unless we end up adding Kova, Jorgi, RLC and either Gallagher or Mount to the injured list.

So what was the point in buying them? Is Zakaria really that bad? Is Carny any worse than what Mount has been? Is Casadei not ready whilst Gallagher and Ruben continue to play each matchweek looking more and more lost?

This goes straight back to management and becomes Tuchel levels of insanity, expecting miracles from the midfield when they continue to show zero signs of improvement. 

Edited by Sconnie Blue

8 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

So what was the point in buying them? Is Zakaria really that bad? Is Carny any worse than what Mount has been? Is Casadei not ready whilst Gallagher and Ruben continue to play each matchweek looking more and more lost?

This goes straight back to management and becomes Tuchel levels of insanity, expecting miracles from the midfield when they continue to show zero signs of improvement. 

I could be wrong but we seem to this ingrained club attitude that Kova, Jorgi and Kante are so far above everyone else they cannot be dropped unless for each other. 

Maybe Potter will deal with that differently. Under TT they would have not got in imo.

Just now, axman2526 said:

I could be wrong but we seem to this ingrained club attitude that Kova, Jorgi and Kante are so far above everyone else they cannot be dropped unless for each other. 

Maybe Potter will deal with that differently. Under TT they would have not got in imo.

I'm praying, because even at their best all 3 are limited in crucial aspects of their game.

- Kova and Kante in the final third.

- Jorginho in athleticism and physicality. 

Tuchel's falling out with Boehly may have been the deciding factor, but I am convinced Tuchel deeming the midfield wasn't a priority over the summer is what got him sacked. 

10 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

I'm praying, because even at their best all 3 are limited in crucial aspects of their game.

- Kova and Kante in the final third.

- Jorginho in athleticism and physicality. 

Tuchel's falling out with Boehly may have been the deciding factor, but I am convinced Tuchel deeming the midfield wasn't a priority over the summer is what got him sacked. 

I would like Kante to stay in a reduced role, however I would get rid of Kova and Jorgi. Us holding on to players for too long and believing they remain at their best still has been an issue, and is one again with Dave.

Not to be a downer, but I'd be wary of the fee we'd likely have to pay for a player with (at this point) less than 20 prem appearances under his belt.

That's not to say I don't think he's good enough, I think anyone can see he's a really talented player - it's just that rather than have other sides identify young talent which we then pay a huge fee for, would we not be better served focusing on getting a sporting director in place and set our sights on identifying players like Caicedo before the Brighton's of this world do?

They paid £4.5m for him, and I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for 10x that much were we to come in for him.

Caciedo is absolute quality and will just get better and better, Brighton realised they were going to lose Bissouma long before he actually departed and acted accordingly with excellent scouting and the ability to tie up deals in South America that teams like Utd thought far too complicated to pursue.

If he has a strong World Cup I can see huge bids for him from around the globe,and he's nowhere near the finished article.

To get Caciedo for less than 50 million in January would be a snip,this lad is the real deal imo.

would be great to get him under the nose of man utd who have been linked with him for a while due to the potter link. him and kante in the midfield would mean you could play the 3-4-3 that potter might want to do. idk if he has a minimum fee but probably just a sell on. sportsbetting3.com says chelsea are the leaders to sign him now. him fofana and like a sesko type would be an incredible spine for the future.

• 3 months later...

17 hours ago, evissy said:

Where are those 20-30m smart buys... they are available but it seems we are not interested.

If Caicedo comes in and replaces Kante for example, I would be OK with this. Or if he comes in and starts whilst Kante is a rotation option. 

With Kante and to some extent Jorginho, you need to replace them with elite quality if we truly want to evolve. 

19 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Ideally you pair him with Enzo. I am wary of Brighton players looking great and then coming here for huge fees and being dogsh*t though.

Didn't we sign Kante from Leicester after one good season? Worked out for us in the end. I do not watch much football outside of Chelsea, so no idea how good he is. I have heard good things about Caicedo though.