Help Required for Ram Pal

Mike O

Can anyone help me?

I'm going on my annual family hols to France over the summer half-term with a gaggle of other pals including a Derby-mad mate, also called Mike. We've done this for a few years now and not for the first time, Mike has found himself very distracted on the Monday of the hols as Derby hold their regular fight for a place in the Premiership.

Trouble is, we've not found a means yet of being able to watch any play-off action from the South of France.

This year he's bloody desperate (as I write, Derby are one home tie away from Wembley) and is considering flying back for the day just for the match (which could result in a divorce).

To all you techno-heads, what are our options for keeping up with the play? Do Sky operate in France? If we buy a digital radio, will it pick up Fivelive in Toulouse? Are there any euro-broadband sites that stream the match live?

I know we can listen to Five Live through my laptop but effing T Mobile like to charge me ?100's for the privilege (I paid ?600 for listening to a test match from Spain last summer).

Any ideas?

I am pretty sure you can get Sky Sports in France but it will probably involve befriending a local who subscribes as I am not sure you will find too many bars showing it (could be wrong). Are you staying in a hotel in Toulouse? If so give them a bell and ask them if they know of anywhere local.

Archived