Mancs sign Anderson and Nani

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Have they?? I thought Spurs and ManU were still fighting it out for Nani and I havent heard anything about Anderson being linked to MU.

it's on their official website and all over the news..

icon_rolleyes.gif And Shevchenko and Ballack were going to help us win the league by 40 points last season. Not to mention the goals for Man Utd would dry up since RVN left.

So yep... Think what you want, worry what you want - it probably won't turn out that way.

I don't think either player will make Utd a stronger first team however they will make them a stronger squad. This past season Utd were very fortunate with injuries, had they been less fortunate they would have been threadbare in terms of quality in depth. If both teams have an average amount of fortune next season rather than one or the other getting hammered then I still see us as the stronger first team.

Well so far they've bought Hargreaves (why?), Anderson - who was heavily tipped to join us, and Nani - who I confess I'd never heard of. And we've bought woohoo.gif Steve Sidwell woohoo.gif

Still there's a long way to go yet. And all kinds of things can and most likely will happen. Bloody hell, it's not even June yet. Roll on August.

I agree with you loz. If they adapt quickly it will be a joy to watch all those kids (they have my age icon_rolleyes.gif ) play.

if we buy another physicall player someone should kick mourinho in the balls...

we're letting all the good midfield signings go to other teams. last season was rosicky. icon_rolleyes.gificon_confused.gif

I have a feeling this is only the start of the MANC huge spending spree over the summer, now they have a long term back up for Giggs and Scholes. Lets see what we can come up with, we dont need another athelte who can play rugby, but a creative dribbler who can carve up mid to lower table team in the league..

so utd have spent over ?50m...is it too early to say that they are trying to buy success? icon_rolleyes.gif

clearly a bid to replace the ageing players in utd's squad, but they don't know the prem and maybe a bit of a gamble...at the moment i'm not bothered...we'll see what they're like a few games in

bah. well nani was on the cards, not a surprise, but anderson is a player I mentioned before as the kind we need- someone to play behind the strikers, ahead of the midfield.

good long term signings.

p.s. brit, you know should know better- it's their god given right to spend money. liverpool too.

To be fair to United, in principle, these are two excellent signings.

Both young, and apparently very talented.

Who's to say that they will adapt to the Premiership?

However if they have a couple more Ronaldo's on their books; they will be laughing.

With Hargreaves that's Uniteds spending to nearly ?50m? With us not having spent a penny.

Typical Chelsea. Always throwing cash about.

both are excellent players and super signings IMO

think United have taken a HUGE leap forward with these 2, hargreeves and hunteelar if they get him

we need some serious transfer work done to keep up, signing another 'athelete' who can run isnt going to do the trick

both are excellent players and super signings IMO

think United have taken a HUGE leap forward with these 2, hargreeves and hunteelar if they get him

we need some serious transfer work done to keep up, signing another 'athelete' who can run isnt going to do the trick

Don't worry. We're just warming up with a couple of free players. First Sidwell and then probably Alex. After that we'll get down to the real spending. Ronaldo from Milan for ?25 mil and maybe even, dare I say it, Vieri for ?15-20 mil. Now that's good spending icon_wink.gif

I don't think they will disrupt the shape of their side unfortunately, nani istead of park/richardson is a big step up, and anderson... well they don't have anyone quite like him, but a creative player who can play wide, or behind the striker(s)... we really should have signed him. kaka is obviously a pipe dream, and there aren't many no.10's around...

Guest Brian M
Don't worry. First Sidwell and then probably Alex. After that we'll get down to the real spending.

Yup. Joey Barton for 3.5 mil... icon_rolleyes.gif

-------------------------------- van der sar

---Neville-------------Ferdinand---------Vidic---------------Henize

------------------------Carrik-------------Hargreeves

--------------------------------Anderson

-------Ronaldo/park--------------------------------------------Giggs/nani

---------------------------------Rooney/hunteelar

we need some serious transfer work if we're to challenge for the title next season

we're gonna lose 5 players for more than a month

These kids are good. Very good.

Nani is in a way similar to Cristiano Ronaldo 2 seasons ago.

Not as many flicks and tricks (although still plenty) but generally similar.

Still raw though. Not the end product but definitly has the potential.

Now Anderson.........FCKU ME !

Already brilliant. Still a large margin to go.

EXACTLY the type of player we need.

Get Deco, mix him with Ronaldinho...that will be Anderson in the future.

A very creative playmaker who - at 19 - already has a lot of maturity and work ethic.

As Gordon and Darko said, there aren't many playmakers available.

Last season we missed on Rosicky, now we miss Anderson.

At least we got Sidwell. icon_rolleyes.gif

Manure is going for the 4231, yes. Ocasionally it will resemble more a 424...

Thy're gonna have a f**kin' great forward line/attacking midfield. Needs to be balanced though. Hargreaves will help them a lot, but him alone with Carrick or Scholes wont be enough.

I'm gutted.