Chelsea v Liverpool History

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

The PERFECT answer to each and every ignorant Scouse git who chucks up the same old "you ain't got no istree" garbage. THIS PAGE is a list of CFC v LFC/LFC v CFC head to heads going all the way back to the first ever encounter between the two sides, which was at Anfield in 1907 and which we won 4-1.

Another nice little factoid is that our biggest ever win over them was 6-1 in 1937.

This is a brilliant site by the way, listing every League table, every cup game, and every head to head we've ever been involved in. And more.

You want something to do over the Summer? Read up on your history!

Looks an interesting site, think I'll have a gander later on.

Another little known fact - Chelsea's first ever game at Stamford Bridge was a friendly against Liverpool on 4 September 1905 - we won 4-0! icon_cool.gif

Another very good Chelsea stats site is CFC History - well worth having a look at.

I'd forgotten about the 1905 friendly - no I wasn't there - I'm not quite that old. That CFC history site is amazing. One thing with me is that I'm, how can I put it, chronologically dylexic. You ask me what happened in any particular year and the chances are I won't be able to answer without some point of reference. No wonder I was crap at history! Looking at the results is enough to spark off a fair few memories though - wonderful stuff icon_cool.gif

Got texted that back at the fa cup final, finally found a thread sort of post it too.

Away at the shed end we all gathered round

As a battered old scouser lay dying on the ground,

Please don't hit me I'm here by mistake,

But Hicky and Babsy said 'too f**king late',

This battered old scouser he now has a son

they still come to chelsea they still f**king run.

Now they sing sad songs about winning cups

but we are the Chelsea we don't give a f**k.

Now we got Roman and John Terry too

the future is bright the future is blue.

When you talk history lets get it right,

we won f**k all trophies but boy could we fight

RedRob is noticeably quiet on this one. Sing up

"six-one ... six-one ... six-one ... six-one.

six-one ... six-one ... si-ix-ooooooooooone"

and Rob, while I'm at it, I've found an Evertonian for you to have a go at.

first time ive seen it lofty, havent checked the head to heads out yet, but thanks for letting me know. Does it include European cup head to heads? Especially looking forward to how we got on against you in those European cup finals. Oh, no, wait... 247.gif

I'd make the most of your history if I was you, it is worth making the most of, i am quite jealous actually.

Look into your crystal ball. And be optimistic. Be very, very optimistic.

I edited it for you Lofty, i hate to see spelling mistakes.

Guest Brian M

History is a great thing to have. Especially when you've got sweet b*gger all happening in the here and now. Gives you something to coo about down the pub.

"a'right? back in my day, we..."

Well we ain't in your day any more. Hell, we ain't even in your century any more. This is the 21st century. And this is the era of CHELSEA.

I'd make the most of your history if I was you, it is worth making the most of, i am quite jealous actually.

Typical Scouse behaviour - bending the truth (in this case an actual quote) to suit how you'd like it to be. As, of course, you'd like to be optimistic about your future. But then self-delusion is another well-known Scouse trait. So far we have:

Passing the buck

Distorting facts

Self-delusion

Spelling mistakes?

i am quite jealous

I'm sure you are. Doesn't the Shift key work on your computer or what?

History is a great thing to have. Especially when you've got sweet b*gger all happening in the here and now. Gives you something to coo about down the pub.

"a'right? back in my day, we..."

Well we ain't in your day any more. Hell, we ain't even in your century any more. This is the 21st century. And this is the era of CHELSEA.

Oh, okay, the century in which only one British team has won a European trophy, and it aint Chelsea!!

Oh, scrap that, I shouldnt have said 'a' european trophy should I?

Typical Scouse behaviour - bending the truth (in this case an actual quote) to suit how you'd like it to be. As, of course, you'd like to be optimistic about your future. But then self-delusion is another well-known Scouse trait. So far we have:

Passing the buck

Distorting facts

Self-delusion

Spelling mistakes?

i am quite jealous

I'm sure you are. Doesn't the Shift key work on your computer or what?

nice one mate. credit you with that one.

Chelsea are making history. there is no better reference to history than that.

Actually I think that is (pretty much - put Germany for Chelsea) a quote from a Mr Hitler...but you get the point! 139.gif

(Although maybe Adolf DID say Chelsea to get at Karl Marx who as we all know supported Millwall)

I'll tell you something though, wayy back when, around the time of the Champions League semi-final, I registered at liverpoolway.co.uk with a user name that included "blue". Ok? Call me nosy, call me a sh*t-stirring toerag, call me someone who'd had enough of Scouse tossers shooting their idiot mouths of here there and every f**ing where. Call me what you will, see if I care.

I'd log in to their forum, no problem but for weeks and weeks what happened was that I'd get a message to the effect that I was on a queue for the mods on this Scouse sh1thole to decide whether to allow me to post. Until this week. Now it seems they've finally decided. Now I get this:

You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive.

Yet more hypocritical scouse bollox. As we all know, these twats feel a need to stick their oar in all over the place, particularly where it doesn't concern them. Which of couse doesn't work both ways. Because scousers are so speshul.

But what are these speshul cases afraid of, I wonder? The word BLUE so it would seem, is all it takes to put the fear of god well and truly up 'em. w**k2.gif

cant talk on behalf of the mods, or the administrator for his decision, and admittedly there arent many opposition fans on that site per se, but those that do come are generally everton fans who are nothing but nobs. Blue to a liverpool fan is Everton, not chelsea, that i imagine will be behind the reason.

Try again with a different user name, maybe chelsea related rather than blue, and i reckon you'll have a better chance.

No I don't think I'll bother thanks. Although I remember wanting to comment about something on their forum, that was so long ago, I can't even remember what it was about.

One more thing though - I would take your point about them assuming I was an Evertonian, except that the email address I used to register included the word "chelsea", and fc as well come to that.

Lofty , i registered onto ''This is Anfield '' , i was told my application was being considered [ complete bollox ] , i used Drogs as my user name .

Tried to log in , god knows how many times . No luck . So i mailed the admin .

Ws told my application [ have you ever heard such sh*te ] was still being reviewed .

Jesus , all i wanted was a footie chat but no , they were too afraid i might upset their formation , their sacred website with a Chelsea fan opinion . Their ignorance by failing to realise that not everybody shares the same views on the game as their precious red army speaks volumes dosent it .

Guest Brian M
Have we ever signed a player from LFC? Joey Jones came from Wrexham so he's out. I know we sold them Spackman, but my mind's blank as to any other deals.

One thing's for sure, there isn't a player at Liverfool now that'd get into our starting 11. And that includes Gerrrrrrard and Torrrrrrrres. 247.gif

Clubhappy, your experience is too similar to mine at The Liverpool Way to be coincidental. You're right, it's a Scouse thing, and it stinks.

Backbiter, I can't think of any player who's joined us from Anfield, or come to that, any Scouser who's ever played for us. If I'm right, then long may it remain so, and if I'm wrong - oh well it's just wishful thinking.

Liverpool do have a great history, fabulous atmosphere at their ground and they've had some great players and managers - no doubt about it but that's just what it is at the moment - HISTORY.

The here and now doesn't seem to register much to Liverpool fans because the here and now looks pretty mediocre.

So leaving aside the CL too amazing to almost be true win against Milan those few years back, all Liverpool fans can continue to do is carry on lambasting Chelsea about the amount of money that we have spent on players and of course that we have no hiiiiiiiiistory.

As Jose said something about this quite sensibly a few weeks back - and was of course lambasted with various inflammatory headlines about belittling Liverpool when he clearly had not.

He said that Liverpool have their history and we have ours, it may not be as great and lauded as theirs but it's our history and we have every right to be as proud of it as Liverpool are of theirs.

Jose said to leave Chelsea make their history which is what he is trying to help us do now.

Liverpool fans have no answer to that but hark back to past.

Just because you have the weight of history behind you with titles and cups etc does not give any club some god given right to laud it over others, expect to win things by right and to be given preferential treatment for anything.

If the club worked as hard as the Liverpool fans do when running off their mouths about their great history the club would have won the premiership by a canter over the last few years.

Frankly, if I hear another history filled diatribe from the media next year if we meet them again in the CL about how wonderful they are in comparison to the nouveau riche Chelski I'll throw up.

And it will be nice to see Parry eat his words when he said about ?500 million (not sure where he got that figure from for last season) can only buy you the Carling Cup (and the FA Cup!) when his club start spending the cash - perhaps Benitez will actually have to work at getting somewhere in the league next season rather than concentrating on the CL to the detriment of everything else - as he normally does.

I personally couldn't have been happier when Liverpool won bugger all this year after both Parry, the players and the press rubbed our noses in about our failure and rubbished Jose's tactics and that he was no longer the "special one" and that Benitez had his measure. I was praying for a loss (yes!), for his tactics to be criticised (they were) for Benitez to get all upset and throw a huge hissy fit afterwards (he did) and demand a huge injection of cash for investment (he has) and for their fans to finally put a sock in it (no, they never know when to shut up) and get lost on the way home (sadly not).

Serves them right and they can go back to harking on about their fantastic history yet again. icon_rolleyes.gif

Have we ever signed a player from LFC? Joey Jones came from Wrexham so he's out. I know we sold them Spackman, but my mind's blank as to any other deals.

I've been having a look, and as far as I can tell, the last player we signed from Liverpool was an outside-left, Adolph Hanson - for ?75,000 in July 1938. He preferred the name Alf for pretty obvious reasons considering the times! icon_lol.gif