Best Death Scene in a Movie

Guest Brian M

Cliffhanger right at the beginning... I never felt so nervous watching a film in my life icon_rolleyes.gif probably not the best, but I didn't think she'd fall icon_eek.gif

(my morbid fear is of falling to my death, which probably adds to that)

The best death scene hasn't been filmed yet but it's the one where geezer gets Brian M and Jose's Melons in a room and smacks their heads together PDT_nunu.gif

Was quite happy to take our petty badinage to a non-football forum but now I find you want to bash our heads in here to. Bit harsh I think!

I suppose it depends on the criteria.

Best Gore Death? Hard to beat the lawn mower massacre in Braindead.

Best Poetic Death? Gustav von Aschenbach slowly fading out with make-up running down his face in Death In Venice.

Best Tear Jerking Death? Have to agree with Enrico here, Bambi's mother.

Best Gratuitous Death? Any of the death in films by Alex Chandon such as Bad Karma, Chainsaw Scumf**k, Drillbit and Cradle of Fear.

I think merely because of the speech that he gives right beore he dies, and the epic chase that took place before hand, one of the best is when Rutger Hauer's character in Bladrunner dies.

The big fella when he finally goes to teh chair in the Green Mile.

Slim pickin's death in Dr Strangelove....riding an A bomb to the heart of Russia....class

And Pile's suicide in Full Metal Jacket, and also, in the same movie, the snniper asking to be shot after praying...that is touching!

Guest Brian M

Hans Gruber from Die Hard, when he falls from the building. Looks every bit as good today as it did 20 years ago.

hans-top.jpg

An updated version of Alfred Hitchcock's classic shot from SABOTEUR. The shot looks terribly realistic. The camera does a slight tilt-down as Alan Rickman slowly falls from the top of the skyscraper. In reality, Rickman performed the stunt against a blue air pillow, 20 feet from the ground. His footage was then perfectly composited into live-action footage shot at the Century City Building in Los Angeles. The final composite is crisp and realistic... possibly one of the finest, longest optical bluescreen composites in history.

Hans Gruber from Die Hard, when he falls from the building. Looks every bit as good today as it did 20 years ago.

hans-top.jpg

An updated version of Alfred Hitchcock's classic shot from SABOTEUR. The shot looks terribly realistic. The camera does a slight tilt-down as Alan Rickman slowly falls from the top of the skyscraper. In reality, Rickman performed the stunt against a blue air pillow, 20 feet from the ground. His footage was then perfectly composited into live-action footage shot at the Century City Building in Los Angeles. The final composite is crisp and realistic... possibly one of the finest, longest optical bluescreen composites in history.

That is indeed a classic. Have you seen the new Die Hard film yet?

Archived