Take your "respect" and stick it where the sun don

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now I heard yet another Scouse git (this one was from somewhere in the South East) twatting on that "I don't care what you say, Chelsea bought the league, nothing more and nothing less". And it gets worse. "That Mourinho, I hate him because he doesn't show us any respect." Not surprisingly, this was followed by the usual historical histrionics about their istree "European Cup blah blah blah ... " "5 times blah blah blah" .. "they were crap and they bought the league blah blah" .. "lack of respect blah blah". Then Ian Wright waded in "why does he have to say these things?"

So what did Jose actuall say?

The pressure is a bit higher [on Liverpool] because, at this moment, they cannot point at other people," said the Chelsea boss.

In other years, they could say: 'Oh, these guys, they've spent a lot of money so they have to win'. This season, they have to talk differently. They have high responsibilities and high expectations.

And so on. I really must be as thick as two short ones (end to end or side by side, take your pick) because I seriously don't get it. Lack of respect, what lack of respect?

Rest of the article here if you're interested.

Jose's applying a bit of pressure here. If we bought the league like they say we did then there's not much to argue against, as they won't listen. But this year we have spent relatively peanuts compared to our rivals, so technically the arguement has been reversed, because if they've spent more money than us, then really they should finish higher than us. This is playing into their original arguement, if you spend the most you must finish higher. We all know that isn't the cae, they know it isn't the case but have laid down their 'rules of engagement' into the arguement so must live with whatever this season provides.

If we win the league this year have we bought it? Surely not! If Liverpool win it this year, have they bought it? Seeing as they spent more than us, yes!

Money doesn't win leagues as Liverpool should be able to testify, it's down to the manager and mentality of the players and manager. Just ask Keegan!

Money doesn't win leagues as Liverpool should be able to testify, it's down to the manager and mentality of the players and manager. Just ask Keegan!

Yep spot on that one . Every team that has won the league has "brought" the title. Ask any scouser how much they paid for Kenny Dalglish see if they know ( for a then British Record fee for a player ?440,000 never brought the league then did you ? )

Just tell yourself this: For all their self-righteous posturing about history, tradition and buying success, Liverpool are now owned by a couple of rich Yanks. One of said Yanks seems to think they're a franchise called the "Liverpool Reds" and says owning them is no different to owning Weetabix.

Scousers should know better than anyone that money alone guarantees nothing. Houllier and Benitez have spent about ?200m in the last five or six years. Had they not bought the likes of Heskey, Diouf, Diao, Traore, Le Tallec, Diomede, Kewell, Gonzalez, Nunez, Garcia, Cisse etc, they might have actually won the Prem by now.

One of said Yanks seems to think they're a franchise called the "Liverpool Reds" and says owning them is no different to owning Weetabix.

quote]

So next time you see a scouse fan, put a dollop of ice cream on his head and pour warm chocolate sauce on it and ask him "what's on your weetabix?" (for those of you abroad this is currently a TV advert being run by weetabix).

To be honest I wish Jose would keep his mouth shut when it comes to Liverfool and Benitez. The last time they bad-mouthed us, we went and stuffed 4 past them on their own patch. Jose saying this will only help them - I think it only goes to fire them up. I prefer it when we keep our gobs shut, concentrate on the job in hand and do our talking out on the pitch. Fact is if we lose up at their place early this season, we'll probably be chasing them - then how does it look for Jose?

Can anyone explain to me how saying this sort of stuff does us any good? Great for the papers, but for the club....just a stick to beat us with. If we want to be "the biggest club in the World by 2014" then we should act a little more circumspect when it comes to the opposition - leave the bad-mouthing to the fans!

To be honest I wish Jose would keep his mouth shut when it comes to Liverfool and Benitez. The last time they bad-mouthed us, we went and stuffed 4 past them on their own patch. Jose saying this will only help them - I think it only goes to fire them up. I prefer it when we keep our gobs shut, concentrate on the job in hand and do our talking out on the pitch. Fact is if we lose up at their place early this season, we'll probably be chasing them - then how does it look for Jose?

Can anyone explain to me how saying this sort of stuff does us any good? Great for the papers, but for the club....just a stick to beat us with. If we want to be "the biggest club in the World by 2014" then we should act a little more circumspect when it comes to the opposition - leave the bad-mouthing to the fans!

I have to admit I do sort of agree with this.

What Jose said is fine actually, I mean if you read past the press trying to create something out of nothing all he is saying is what is basically the truth - forget about respect!

Liverpool have now spent big which they always accused Chelsea of doing.

Benitez used to carry on about that and have digs at Jose about this in previous seasons. Often belittling Jose's achievements as coach and saying it was all Roman's "money that won it" so to speak.

He has won nothing in the league in the time he has been here and one very lucky CL win.

Now he has been given the cash and he has to prove himself, he's now in Jose's shoes and they can get might tight at times pressure wise as Jose can attest.

Ironically now Jose has not spent (or not been given depending how cynical you are) and he is now making the same pithy point to Rafa as has been flung at him in the past. TIME TO DELIVER!

However, by saying this, it can rather badly backfire if we make a rocky start to the season and aren't Liverpool are only 3 games into our season? We already know the power (yawn) of the Kop in full fury and Jose apparent "taunts" and "lack of respect" will merely fire them up to lord it over us even more if we come a cropper and end up trailing them come Christmas.

Liverpool fans are insufferable enough when they are losing and have history (larger yawn) on their side but imagine if they were ahead of us how much crap would be spouting forth, not just them but the sychophants in the media who regularly totally ignore Benitez's fairly woeful record in the premiership because he's (a) nicer than Jose apparently and (B) he has/had no money to spend.

Jose said earlier he was not going to be more mellow, well I think he should just not mention Liverpool at all frankly - it's just not worth the grief.

His comments may be spot on but they just make a rod for our own backs.

Liverpool and Chelsea are like petrol and a naked flame - they should not be put together.

Jose didnt say anything too bad, just the truth.

The pressure will be on Liverpool this season with the money they've spent. The press just twist it to get a story, they always do.

Liverpool get a free ride in this country by the media, im convinced there are two reasons for this , firstly because of many of the journalists are from their glory era and secondly and far more delicately i think because of Hillsborough and the fallout from it. This makes it seem like they can do no wrong, and what with many of the current media utterly loathing Chelsea a story like this is always going to be news.

Lofty, im sure ive told you this before. Turn off talksport, delete it from your saved stations.

Crack open a beer and put on London Calling...

Guest Brian M

Yup. Liverfool. It's all about the camaraderie...

gerrardalonso3yvMed.jpg

PS: there might be a new avatar for our visiting scouser Loz, if you crop the pic on the right... icon_cool.gif

Liverpool get a free ride in this country by the media, im convinced there are two reasons for this , firstly because of many of the journalists are from their glory era and secondly and far more delicately i think because of Hillsborough and the fallout from it. This makes it seem like they can do no wrong, and what with many of the current media utterly loathing Chelsea a story like this is always going to be news.

Lofty, im sure ive told you this before. Turn off talksport, delete it from your saved stations.

Crack open a beer and put on London Calling...

I won't launch another anti-Scoue attack. Not today. As we all know, there's no end of ammunition, hence there'll be plenty of other opportunities.

Talksport: I confess I missed it like crazy while the open was on. Usually it's just an aural background while I'm getting on with something else. What made it worse was that the open was on radio 5 all day. Most music stations end ip annoying me and so during the day, so I looked for another talk or news-radio type station. You can get LBC on satellite now. Great I thought. I used to listen to it a fair bit when i lived in London. That was 15 - 20 years ago though. If ever anything's gone down the pan, it's LBC. Unless there's a "proper" version only available only in the South East? What I heard was boring (mostly girly) drivel. Then I discovered Newstalk; an Irish news and sports station. I didn't have a clue about much of the subject matter; criminal cases that were big news in Ireland, sport including hurling. But it was different, and it wasn't bloody golf.

Of course, the inevitable happened and Newstalk caved into whatever spell was cast by the British Open and began reporting on the final stages. Then I turned over to Real Madrid TV, not that I had time to sit down and watch it. ABG - Anything But Golf.

Jose tends to get fired up at the mention of Liverpool , im beginning to think he hates them more than I do.

I think Liverpool and Benitez are his pet hates in the premiership and I don't blame him they drive me to distraction with their lack of humor, humility and banging on about their bloody history morning, noon and night.

Benitez can be a right sarcastic bugger at times and condescending as hell about Jose and his achievements - he may be a great coach but I'd like to see him sweat more under pressure from the press and his bosses.

thought it right to put my 2p worth in.

Jose has not shown a lack of respect, but what do you expect from the papers. All clubs have idiot fans, most of them never go to the games and are not something you should let yourself get wound up about. He has shown a lack of respect in the past, "the best team lost" statement being one such time, but who cares. I think he's a knobend, you lot think hes god, i'm sure the reverse is true of benitez.

The pressure is on Benitez now more than ever before but not because we have shelled out sh*t loads of money, when you look at Net spend we have spent no more than our usual budget. The pressure is on in my opinion because in the past he has been able to say he couldnt get his main targets and had to settle for quantity over quality because we didnt have the funds and had too many gaps in the squad, now he has bought the players he wanted so there is undoubtedly more pressure.

If we dont win the league this year I dont think Benitez will have failed however, but if we dont challenge from the outset I think he will have failed to deliver and although I would not be asking for his head, the pressure to deliver the following season would be huge.

We have to start well, simple as that, but then again so do you, as currently we are both playing catch up. We have not splashed the cash in the same way that your lot have since RA's arrival, but still we need to challenge.

If we dont win the league this year I dont think Benitez will have failed however, but if we dont challenge from the outset I think he will have failed to deliver and although I would not be asking for his head, the pressure to deliver the following season would be huge.

I think last season you had a balanced team and could be chasing the title for some time, if not your first couple of away games.

Kuyt is a good addition to your squad, no doubts, he`s the man Benitez was needed in.

Also last winter you sign Mascherano it`s a good addition too, whose perfomance would be better this season I think and he can make a good pair with G in the middle, if G is going to play in the middle.

Now you made a great addition to quality in the cutting edge. He`s great player, but maybe he needs some time for settling, I don`t know.

Because, last year we`ve made a great addition in front too. Now you see how sh**ty it was.

So I just want to tell maybe you need one year for adapting of new players and for improving teamwork.

And you see Betinez(Benitez) understands football, I think so, but always needs time to find a way the current team should play. "We must improve our game","We must improve our game"................

Sometimes, when the game is improved, Liverpool looks really unbeatable, but it usually becoming too late to win something.

Mourihno is never improving, you know he knows this game, no need to improve indeed icon_wink.gif

Chelsea is often looking awful, but winning. And, of course, on our days we could beat ANYONE. No doubts.

So for me JM is natural match winner.

So I`m really awaiting 3rd or 4th day when we clashed at Anfield.

Rob I've got to ask, do you really think Raffa is a god????

Most Chelsea fans love JM for what he's done and there is no doubt he's a brilliant manager, but most will agree that he's got his weak points that make him slightly less than a god. That said, and to get back to the tub of lard that manages your theiving bunch of scumbags, do you really rate him? Personally I'd have been more concerned about Thetheivingredscum if they'd got rid of raffa and got a proper manager in. I just don't see him winning the league - not untill everyone else drops out anyway???

Rob I've got to ask, do you really think Raffa is a god????

Most Chelsea fans love JM for what he's done and there is no doubt he's a brilliant manager, but most will agree that he's got his weak points that make him slightly less than a god. That said, and to get back to the tub of lard that manages your theiving bunch of scumbags, do you really rate him? Personally I'd have been more concerned about Thetheivingredscum if they'd got rid of raffa and got a proper manager in. I just don't see him winning the league - not untill everyone else drops out anyway???

a god was perhaps overstating it, on both counts. I think he is a top manager and i am very happy to have him in charge. He has his weaknesses of course, and he needs to realise that away games dont need a wholly different approach to home games before we will win the title, but as i say, i am more than happy to have him. After all he got us to 2 champions league finals, winning one, a dream before he arrived. He has also remember won two la liga titles with an unfashionable side, playing some incredible football along the way. When they whipped us at anfield under him in the champions league was one of the best performances i have ever seen from a visiting team.

I do see him winning the league, i am confident it will happen under him. perhaps that confidence is misplaced, but i hope not.

thought it right to put my 2p worth in.

Jose has not shown a lack of respect, but what do you expect from the papers. All clubs have idiot fans, most of them never go to the games and are not something you should let yourself get wound up about. He has shown a lack of respect in the past, "the best team lost" statement being one such time, but who cares. I think he's a knobend, you lot think hes god, i'm sure the reverse is true of benitez.

The same could be said for all the managers at the top, all have a go at there counterparts for having big mouths and then go and open there pie whole needlesly them selves.

What i will say is that when i first saw Jose at porto druing the united tie i knew instantly that was the guy i wanted to succede CR, you need some one with a bit of arogance and suppirority about them to succede in the EPL IMO

Where as ive alwasy though faty benitez was a toad!! By and by point still stands, fergi has had his spats with wenger and Jose and will with benitez and the same will be true for all four. If any other manager actually makes it up there they will be treated with the same regard by other managers and fans alike!

The pressure is on Benitez now more than ever before but not because we have shelled out sh*t loads of money, when you look at Net spend we have spent no more than our usual budget.

Im a little confused here, you say the presure is no different because you have only spent your usual buget but then you say this:

The pressure is on in my opinion because in the past he has been able to say he couldnt get his main targets and had to settle for quantity over quality because we didnt have the funds and had too many gaps in the squad, now he has bought the players he wanted so there is undoubtedly more pressure.

I know you site other reasons but you make refference to teh funds, so are you now saying that you didnt have the cash before because above your saying you have spent the same?? so which is it? or have you speant the same as always but having the money in the bank will make your players raise there games?

We have to start well, simple as that, but then again so do you, as currently we are both playing catch up. We have not splashed the cash in the same way that your lot have since RA's arrival, but still we need to challenge.

I do love the fact that you scousers seem to forget the Houllier spent ni on 250 million and failed to deliver the league.

You cant win the league with out money FACT

But money doesnt win you the league either FACT

a god was perhaps overstating it, on both counts. I think he is a top manager and i am very happy to have him in charge. He has his weaknesses of course, and he needs to realise that away games dont need a wholly different approach to home games before we will win the title, but as i say, i am more than happy to have him. After all he got us to 2 champions league finals, winning one, a dream before he arrived. He has also remember won two la liga titles with an unfashionable side, playing some incredible football along the way. When they whipped us at anfield under him in the champions league was one of the best performances i have ever seen from a visiting team.

I do see him winning the league, i am confident it will happen under him. perhaps that confidence is misplaced, but i hope not.

Benitez is a great manager, not a god and neither is Jose, both ironically share the same work and team ethics as each other, the same interest in tactical changes and discipline above all else. Hell even our style of play is much the same! Their records are both shockingly similar - Benitez took unfashionable Valencia to glory in La Liga and Jose rescued Porto and took them back to the heights and ultimate glory in the CL. So yes both are great coaches but equally both have their weaknesses that some fans refuse to discuss whilst other perhaps dwell on too much.

And they can't stand each other, they say opposites attract well in their case it's familiarity that breeds contempt.

It's no secret that Jose had the chance to go to Liverpool before he picked Chelsea, I have no idea what would have happened if he had gone there, who is to say if he had with his obvious verve and charisma he could have taken them further with his easy adaptation to home and away games in the premiership (something Benitez seems to struggle with) and Liverpool could have won a PL title? Who's to say Benitez might be the one at Chelsea with no league titles but a CL for Roman to crow about?

That said, I don't think either team would swap the manager they now have, despite at times their head scratching antics (Benitez with his tactics and Jose with his amateur dramatics).

Good point callista... and going to put my head on the chopping block here and say IMO if he had gone to scousers instead of here they would have won the league by now, not sure if it would have been in his first season but cirtainly his second