Jimmy Back at Chelsea!

Guest Brian M
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Guest Brian M

Could Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink wear a Chelsea shirt again?

7 August 2007

Before today I`d have said there wasn`t the slightest chance. However, with Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou and Andriy Shevchenko all on the list of crocks, we only have Claudio Pizarro as a recognised striker.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is currently without a club; he was released by Charlton last season and is actively looking for a new club. It`s been suggested he`s only interested in signing for a Premiership club.

In order to keep himself in tip-top condition, he`s working out with the Chelsea squad at Cobham.

Could he do enough to be offered a short term contract?

Stranger things have happened especially in this crazy game of ours we all love to bits!

memberjfh.gif

Given our current situation re: strike power or lack of it, I for one would be quite happy to see Jimbo back in a Chelsea shirt for at least a little while, with Sheva still misfiring, Drogs possibly out for a while and Lamps looking woefully burnt out, we could do worse than give old mad eyes the chance to go out in a blaze of glory, at least he knows where the goal is and might be able to show some of the others where it is as well.

Like you say Brian, stranger things have happened. icon_eek.gif

Guest Brian M
we could do worse than give old mad eyes the chance to go out in a blaze of glory,

Thought it worked for Fowler going back to Liverfool for one last horrah. And he came on as sub mostly, but scored the odd important goal for them. And Jimmy, being Jimmy, would no doubt do the same for us.

Can't honestly see it happening, but a man can dream!*

*if only so he could annoy Just with his petulant stares every time the ball isn't passed within an inch of his foot...

And he came on as sub mostly, but scored the odd important goal for them. And Jimmy, being Jimmy, would no doubt do the same for us.

]

Did he? A few penalties against Sheff Utd, a couple of goals in a losing CL tie and a 3 or 4 others against the likes of Bolton, West Brom and Blackburn - all that over about 18 months. I don't see any of those as particularly important goals in the grand scheme of things.

Fowler did next to nothing in this 'fairytale return' to Liverpool, whihc is just about what Jimmy would do for us now. It is a terrible idea. In the style of football Jose plays the very worst attribute the centre forward can have is to be a workshy moaner - Jimmy, even at his best, would have struggled to make a good impression in our current team - now that he is 10,000 miles form his best it would be embarassing to see.

woulda been brilliant if jose had showed utter contempt for manyoo and the trophy if hed played jfh in the second half on sunday with strict instructions to smash rolando a few times.

woulda been brilliant if jose had showed utter contempt for manyoo and the trophy if hed played jfh in the second half on sunday with strict instructions to smash rolando a few times.

I think he did anyway, by not starting with a forward in our selection icon_wink.gif

Yeah - he scored a hatfull for us in his last season and then went on to be leading scorer at Barca after their top striker was injured - or am I remembering it wrong?

icon_wink.gif

say what you want. the fact is, when played in a forward position eidur gudjohnsen always scores 10+ goals...and i only remember two seasons where he featured in 95% of the games and in those two seasons he netted 23 and 16 goals. he managed 12 for barca. he started 20 times, scored 10 goals. he was used as a sub about twenty times as well, scored two goals.

Would be absolute craziness.

If we really are that short of strikers, then I would much rather see a bit of faith showed in Sinclair and our other youth prospects.

But, I guess have set a bit of a precedent with the likes of Hedman and Maniche - so I wouldn't be completely surprised if it ends up happening.

It is a terrible idea. In the style of football Jose plays the very worst attribute the centre forward can have is to be a workshy moaner - Jimmy, even at his best, would have struggled to make a good impression in our current team - now that he is 10,000 miles form his best it would be embarassing to see.

Via a source at the club I've known about this for over a week now. Apparently, from his multitude of previous clubs, Jimbo chose to come back and train with us because our canteen does the best grub. And I can confirm he was asked if he would consider signing a short term contract to help us out with our current injury situation. But talks quickly ended when he demanded to be paid the same amount as Ballack and JT.

notjfhfanclub.gif

Guest Brian M
But talks quickly ended when he demanded to be paid the same amount as Ballack and JT.

Gee, you'd think the fact he wanted that to be paid weekly in sausages and meat pies would've made all the difference... icon_wink.gif

memberjfh.gif

Guest Brian M

Now now, Mike. Just because we didn't see him in the (large amounts of) flesh, we all still saw him. In fact, we all saw him forge the best Chelsea strike partnership we've had since Lord only knows when. And we also all saw him become Chelsea's top scorer and the EPL's top scorer. Something the anti-JFH brigade seem to have overlooked while getting caught up in the fact that he was a lazy sod! And, ultimately, who gives a toss about that? A striker is bought more to score goals than anything else, and so I'd say his record speaks for itself.

And, yes, he was not the 'complete player'. But by God he was a good striker. Nay, he was a GREAT striker!

Long live JFH. Chelsea legend!

PS: goals win matches, gentlemen. Not running around madly like a headless chook. Because, if the latter were true, then one expects that Sheva would've won us the EPL last season... icon_cool.gif

I saw JFH in the flesh loads of time, and I have to say that before he signed we were screaming out for an out and out goalscorer. Jimmy came along and he was that goalscorer that we all craved. His attitude (as with many other strikers through the decades) was one of "other people are paid to run around, I'm paid to score", he had a point. As it has turned out even at his prime JFH wouldn't fit into the way we play now but when he played his record makes it clear that while he played for us he was successful at doing what the manager at the time wanted.

So; Yes I saw him. Yes I rate him. Yes I respect what he done for the club while he was here.

No I don't really want him back!

Only got to see jimmy live on the odd occation and i have to say the first time i actually did it did have a massive impact on my oppinion of him as a player. Fustrated the hell out of me.

Still great goal scorer. and my levels of respect went up when he appoligised for actually scoring against us.. in contrast guddy couldnt hide his delight... that one hurt

Still great goal scorer. and my levels of respect went up when he appoligised for actually scoring against us.. in contrast guddy couldnt hide his delight... that one hurt

Guddy was trying to settle this way!!

How sh**ty that looks!!

How can Chelsea player wears Barcelona`s shirt? Still got no answer........

Guddy was trying to settle this way!!

How sh**ty that looks!!

How can Chelsea player wears Barcelona`s shirt? Still got no answer........

Dont get me wrong, i dont begrudge him the move. He didnt feel he was getting the games here, barca are a great team and any player would aspire to play for them, hell if i was a pro footballer and wanted a move i couldnt think of many places id rather go... just the celabrating, it fealt like my ex best friend had just sent me a video of him sh@gging my girlfriend.