JULIANO BELLETTI

Gee Bee
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

When he joined he was roundly criticised but if yesterday's game against Blackburn is any indication he should not prove a bad buy. It is early days yet and I won't want to judge this player but he showed more imagination and skill yesterday than many of the favourite names. It only goes to show that we should not be too quick to judge players before they settle in.

We tend to depend too much on one or two individual players and when they don't sparkle the others look flat. I hope we are not becoming like the club which depended too heavily on Henry. Maybe the coach needs let the boys try to go out for the win rather than depend on the narrow victories that we have gotten used to. We really need to win.

agree- he's clearly not intimidated by playing for a big side, and thankfully it doesn't look like JM is putting any big restrictions on him, but he is still back to defend- even if as you saw with pedersen getting free, he isn't perfect at it..

tactically he was near perfect i'd say- clear motm if the goal stood and he should have been in any case..

It will be interesting to see how he does against some of the bigger teams.

He looked pretty fantastic against Blackburn with his skills on the ball, but wasn't put under alot of pressure and untill we see how he goes with a Christiano Ronaldo running at him at pace (this is where the likes of Del Horno and Boularouz failed so miserably at Chelsea), then its too early to judge.

Actually I'm impressed with Belleti, when we signed him I was underwhelmed but wasnt really cussing him like some may have done on the forum, but I certainly was hoping for Alves.

I'm actually pleasently surprised so far, a fellow Brazilian on the team makes me smile icon_cool.gif and his crossing is definitely an asset when playing with players like Didier Drogba on the team, plus he is older than Alves and offers alot more experience which is ALWAYS a good thing with a defender.

I watch with baited breath, hoping that he keeps up his form because if he does, we have a sweet rigth back on our hands!

• 1 month later...

Great to see Belletti and Alex get on the scoresheet so far. More starts should see more goals for these players. Belletti still the more outstanding right back so far for the season and not a bad performer for someone rated as "too old" for the Premiership. Has gotten forward and delivered more telling crosses than any of our other right backs in the past two seasons. Class is always class whichever way you look at it.

Great to see Belletti and Alex get on the scoresheet so far. More starts should see more goals for these players. Belletti still the more outstanding right back so far for the season and not a bad performer for someone rated as "too old" for the Premiership. Has gotten forward and delivered more telling crosses than any of our other right backs in the past two seasons. Class is always class whichever way you look at it.

Someone needs to tell this to Shevchenko icon_confused.gif

Personally I couldn't believe that there were so many people on here who were branding him a "barca reject" ebfore he had even kicked a ball for us. So far he has looked solid both defending and attacking, adn I think he might have shown Paulo how to cross!

I thin he could be one of our better signings in recent memory

Scott

We've got ourselves a fine Rb going forward, shooting and crossing, along with a good amount of experience.

I still have my doubts regarding the defensive aspects, but, for that we have Paulo "Noddy" Ferreira.

All in all I believe we're very well covered in defense.

2 good Rb's each of them with different caracteristics, the 2 best english Lb's, 2 top Cb's in Terry and Carvalho, and 2 decent options in Alex (for Terry) and Ben Haim (for Ricky).

We've got ourselves a fine Rb going forward, shooting and crossing, along with a good amount of experience.

I still have my doubts regarding the defensive aspects, but, for that we have Paulo "Noddy" Ferreira.

All in all I believe we're very well covered in defense.

2 good Rb's each of them with different caracteristics, the 2 best english Lb's, 2 top Cb's in Terry and Carvalho, and 2 decent options in Alex (for Terry) and Ben Haim (for Ricky).

Correct. Add to that the Keepers and the Defensive midfielders and we don't need to do anything there for a long time if everyone is kept happy!

Personally I couldn't believe that there were so many people on here who were branding him a "barca reject" ebfore he had even kicked a ball for us. So far he has looked solid both defending and attacking, adn I think he might have shown Paulo how to cross!

I thin he could be one of our better signings in recent memory

Scott

He has made Paulo better as well. Good, healthy competition is good. They even speak the same language, or am I right..? Paulo has been at his best this season. Has created two goals for us as I can remember.

Belletti looks to be really good. His goal celebration was great too. Icy cool...you liked it too IcyCoolGuy22 or what was it.

Belletti looked like he was on drugs tonight. Was absolutely woeful.

Such a shame that Paolo Ferreira is injured.

Think something is very wrong at the club. Note how Grant did not speak to Cate or Clarke at all tonight. Very worrying if there is no communication going on with the management staff.. All I saw was Ten Cate laughing on the bench...