lets view the forest from the outside for a sec..

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

now im in a more lucid mood and the shock is gone, a few thoughts are surfacing.

to be honest this was all on the cards since Roman bought our club.

we do have to remember we are a unique club in that we are simply one mans plaything. a real fantasy football game.

not just bought by a millionaire who puts maybe 15m in to buy a few nice players, and hope the manager can guide them to some success, not a consortium who has borrowed heavily in order to profit.

not even a group of millionaires who might genuinely love the team, but instead we are one mans new hobby who can afford to buy the whole shooting match 50 times over if he so wishes.

He may very well so wish soon, and he could clear the slate of players and make a new game at any time.

Jose had to go because he was playing with Romans toy too much and Roman decided "wait a sec, thats my god damn toy, not joses, and now i wanna play".

we knew in the back of our minds this would happen. we deluded ourselves that Roman was an alright guy who just wants to watch great games of his own team and leave the fulltime job to the employees, but this guy can make or break lives.

this is the guy who educates and feeds his own province.

this is the guy whos made billions in Russia and kept it.

this is the guy who operates on a level of Bill Gates.

hes hardcore sh*t and CFC like it or not is a toy. his toy.

Spiritually, of course the club is ours. and it will be after Roman as it was before, but its a rollercoaster ride right now and we can only hang on and keep from crapping ourselves.

will we lose our players? yes of course we will.

we lost Zola, our most dear friend and we could not have him back once gone. we didnt mind because the times were so exciting, but Zola would have played in the winning season and he deserved to lift his clubs trophy and he was robbed of that.

however, CFC has always been the fashionable club. the one high rollers flock to.

thats our legacy, our special trait that marks us from the other clubs. we are londons glitter and glamour.

were living history, and there have got to be bad times to make the good times sweeter.

now we can build back up as contenders, not giants. as underdogs against adversity, as is the only British way.

Man U, Arse and Pool are back above us now, and we get again the great chance of attacking them and defeating the giants once more and i have always relished that game.

we have a wonderful youth structure, and some of Englands very top prospects playing for the badge and we have only ever needed that core.

i look forward to the coming days with the excitement of not knowing the future that was lost after we won 6 trophys in such quick succession.

it will be sad, still, but a challenge, a fight is on the cards and i love it.

keep the faith, stay blue.

and go to the games :)

Ok. To pick you up on a few of your points.

What was on the cards? If Roman hadn't bought the club, would Jose ever have been Chelsea manager? Would there even be a Chelsea?

The rich man's plaything jibe migth have been true a few years ago, but these days, more and more billionaires are interested in taking over Premiership clubs. Even if Roman decided he'd had enough, it's no linger unfeasible that he would find a buyer.

Why do you say of course we will lose our players? There's no inevitability about a single player leaving on th back of Jose's departure. There will be changes, naturally, and we can expect to see comings and goings in January and in the Summer.

As for the rest, forget the crap you read in the press. Like Jimboola says - don't believe the hype.

Ok. To pick you up on a few of your points.

What was on the cards? If Roman hadn't bought the club, would Jose ever have been Chelsea manager? Would there even be a Chelsea?

The rich man's plaything jibe migth have been true a few years ago, but these days, more and more billionaires are interested in taking over Premiership clubs. Even if Roman decided he'd had enough, it's no linger unfeasible that he would find a buyer.

Why do you say of course we will lose our players? There's no inevitability about a single player leaving on th back of Jose's departure. There will be changes, naturally, and we can expect to see comings and goings in January and in the Summer.

As for the rest, forget the crap you read in the press. Like Jimboola says - don't believe the hype.

Actually listen to him, not me.

Lofty put it much better than I did. I am jaded as people have been punting that line to me for days now...almost as dull as "Sheva has lost his pace" which no one can ever substantiate. Just because a few people say it, that does not make it true.

The press are going for swing for portraying a view of 'Romans evil empire', to turn us against each other in a civil war situation...meanwhile Jose (hated and haranged just days ago by THESE VERY people) is now the 'Princess Diana' figure, just trying to do the right the right thing but never accepted fully.

Please please please...do not believe the hype.

but it was inevetibale that Jose was going to leave, didnt expect it this soon though. I mean since what, last January or something Roman and Jose hadn't really been on the best of terms, i know it's not right to believe the press, but Jose's attitude changed. I think once we were knocked out of the champions league that was the final straw for Roman. Roman is like a spoiled child, no matter how many gifts you give to him, he'll always want more. I mean yea, it would've been great to win the champions league, but not its not something you can buy. don't know if Roman has processed that yet. Ove the last few games in the premiership, I have not seen that Chelsea side that were once deadly on set pieces and making strikers feel inferior. I feel that this has been going on for some time now and Jose just couldn't take the critisim from Roman anymore. I mean Jose did lash out on Terry, and his overall attitudes at games were just depressing. I think felt that CFC put a lot of pressure on him as did the media who always expected his side to win 5-0 and win the treble, but how much critisism can one man take before it becomes over bearing. The English media constantly attacked him as well as other managers, so maybe the pressure just got to him, or just Romans actions ( buyinmg ballack and shevchenko.) One thing is for sure that Jose will be missed and come this weekend Grant will either be a hero or a saviour to us all or the biggest mistake a club could do.

Romans plan is to bring through youth. scarfcfc.gif

At the rate of change and the Club's now obvious stupidly high expectations......

...I dont think we will see hardly any YTS boys.

we can only hope that the sacking/parting really was because of jose and roman's relationship, rather than because of results.