Leicester at home in the CC round 4

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

• 4 weeks later...

Do you still think it will be a draw? icon_lol.gif

I'm looking forward to this match, and hopefully we'll see Sinclair from the start. I think we might line up in a 4-4-2:

Cudicini

Belletti - Ben Haim - Alex - Bridge

Wright-Phillips - Mikel - Sidwell - Sinclair

Pizarro - Shevchenko

Too bad the game ain't sold out yet, but hopefully it will be.

Do you still think it will be a draw? icon_lol.gif

I'm looking forward to this match, and hopefully we'll see Sinclair from the start. I think we might line up in a 4-4-2:

Cudicini

Belletti - Ben Haim - Alex - Bridge

Wright-Phillips - Mikel - Sidwell - Sinclair

Pizarro - Shevchenko

Too bad the game ain't sold out yet, but hopefully it will be.

Well it all depends on two things:

1. Was the game against ManC just one of a kind or was it the beginning of something great?

2. If we play some reserves/youngsters, can that team carry on what the team against ManC did?

Having said that I still think that we will win. Those days when I thought a draw would be okay feels long gone now.

I just hope that we can give some youngsters a chance and that they can prove that they can take a place in the first team. I hope Sinclair can show Grant that he deserves to play.

I would prefer is to stick very much to the core of our first team rather than taking the opportunity to give some peripgheral players a run out. The times are a changing and the more time the core first team can play together and implement the ideas of the enw management team the better. Having said all that I don't think it would be a bad idea to rest Drogba as he has been in and out so far this season and it would be good 'risk management' to leave him out. I would stick with Carvalho in the centre and maybe play Ben Haim alongside him - in JT's absence Carvalho is the glue in our back four and both Alex and Ben Haim need to develop a partnership alongside him.

Bridge definitely should play as he will be our first choice left back in the league for the forseeable and thus needs to get match fitness back. Personally I would go with Paulo at right back as I think he should be our week in week out right back and he is short of games in that position over the past...oh 2 years!

I would stick with Essien and Lamps in the centre for the reasons in the first paragraph and also because both are showing signs of getting their form back and continuity would be a good thing. A game for Carlo I would agree with though as it is always worthwhile keeping your back up keeper involved form time to time just in cvase he needs to come in.

I would go with

............................Carlo........................

Paulo.............TBH.........Carvalho.......Bridge

......................Essien................................

.....SWP.....................Lamps.................Malouda

..............Sheva..............Sinclair.......................

Hopefully Sinclair, Pizarro and SWP will be given some playing time. I'd go with:

Carlo

PF

Riccy C

Ben Haim

Bridge

Sidwell

Mikel

Essien

SWP

Pizarro

Malouda

Subs: Cech, Beletti, Malouda, Sheva, Drogba.

With Lampard and Drogba only coming on if they're needed.

sure- but you're still splitting up the strike partnership/ front 3, the central defensive partnership, the communication from keeper to back 4 and the shape of the side.

sort of (actually, completely) goes against what you were saying about not giving perpheral players a run out because you want to give the players more opportunities to gel - just who is peripheral if not sinclair and carlo? I know phil younghusband will be gutted to miss out...

------------carlo

paolo-ben haim-alex-bridge

------------maka

----SWP------------sidwell

-----------mikel

----sheva--------pizza

I'd REALLY like to see Mikel playing right behind the strikers. I think he has what it takes to be that guy.

I really hope that Avram gives Sheva 90mins and Pizza as well. SWP also needs to play. He probably feels sh*t that JM is gone since Grant really isn't favoring him.

I predict 4-1 to us. Sheva 2, Pizza 1, SWP 1 - Nobody 1.

id like to see scott sinclair get a run out in this. we may need him in january, so a few games would do him some good.

Yes, I agree. Sinclair needs first team experience, but more importantly Sheva and Pizza needs to play. Maybe they flop, but we'll never know what they are made of if they don't play constantly. Sinclair is still young but these cup ties are great place to make a mark.

id like to see scott sinclair get a run out in this. we may need him in january, so a few games would do him some good.

Agree. And if we won't use him in games like these then why keep him in the team at all? Send him our on loan so that he can play some. He won't evolve sitting on the bench (or in the stands).

Got my ticket for the MHL, hopefully Bridge will start, along with Sinclair, Sidwell and SWP. Always a pleasure watching Maka work his magic too. Wouldn't risk Drogba, Lamps or J.Cole, need them fit for Wigan away.

I'll be surprised if Maka plays. Him and Mourinho had an agreement that he would play for the big games, and give him time to rest in the easier ones. Grant has said we needed Maka in the team recently as a steadying influence, while the team adjusts. Not to be too harsh on Leicester but it dosen't seem Maka is needed for this game.

When is this game?

The perfect opportunity for me to point out the new 'Fixtures/Results' link in the header - click and all shall be revealed!

Brilliant. Now I shall always know when and where we play. Too bad you can't supply the results for all the games icon_wink.gif

I'll be surprised if Maka plays. Him and Mourinho had an agreement that he would play for the big games, and give him time to rest in the easier ones. Grant has said we needed Maka in the team recently as a steadying influence, while the team adjusts. Not to be too harsh on Leicester but it dosen't seem Maka is needed for this game.

No, I didn't think he would either, just pointing out I like to watch his play icon_wink.gif

I agree that both Sheva and Pizzaro should start the match. We haven't seen them two play together and I would really like to since neither one seems to play English style of football. Could be interesting?!? 169.gif

I say play them two up front, rest Drogba, and also play some wings to support these two.

Usually I would say that this is the perfect opportunity to blood youngsters and give the likes of Sheva a runout.

But - I think if we could take Leicester to the cleaners - another 5 or 6 nil, then it would do absolute wonders for the moral of the squad, and really reinforce the whole "we have moved on from Mourinho" thing.

So - I would send out an unchanged lineup from the City game - maybe with Sheva in for one of the midfielders (probably Mikel)

Carlo

PF Tal Alex Wayne

Mikel

Sidwell Lampard

Kalou SWP

Sheva

I noticed that Sheva usually scores against teams with weaker defenses, so Leicester should be another happy hunting ground for him (plus a great time to be re-integrated into the side, hopefully with a new strategy to deploy him). We will be losing Kalou and Mikel to the ACN so might as well use them to the fullest while we can. Sidwell also needs a bit more match time to ensure that when the Africans leave, he will be ready to replace Essien/Mikel.

lineups announced:

23 Carlo Cudicini (G)

33 Alex (D)

35 Juliano Belletti (D)

22 Tal Ben-Haim (D)

20 Paulo Ferreira (D)

8 Frank Lampard (M)

9 Steve Sidwell (M)

24 Shaun Wright-Phillips (M)

14 Claudio Pizarro (S)

7 Andriy Shevchenko (S)

17 Scott Sinclair (S)