Those who value "entertaining football" above all

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Arsene "attack, attack, attack" Wenger.

Doesn't he have all the credentials you require?

1. Attacking, flowing football first and foremost, (if there is a more attack minded side in europe this season, I have yet to see them).

2. Gives the youngsters their chance.

3. Not afraid to off-load the star player, a club legend and risk the wrath of the fans.

4. Refuses to pay over the odds in transfer fees.

5. Knows the EPL inside out.

Forget Lippi and Hiddink, surely Professor Yaffle is the man you'd like to see at the helm now that boring old Jose has gone? icon_wink.gif

Discuss.

Arsene "attack, attack, attack" Wenger.

Doesn't he have all the credentials you require?

1. Attacking, flowing football first and foremost, (if there is a more attack minded side in europe this season, I have yet to see them).

2. Gives the youngsters their chance.

3. Not afraid to off-load the star player, a club legend and risk the wrath of the fans.

4. Refuses to pay over the odds in transfer fees.

5. Knows the EPL inside out.

Forget Lippi and Hiddink, surely Professor Yaffle is the man you'd like to see at the helm now that boring old Jose has gone? icon_wink.gif

Discuss.

1) In ten years he wasnt able to put back to back titles togeter

2) His teams dont seem built to dominate for long periods of time (like united)

3) In 3 years he not once got the better of Jose tacticaly

4) He's a gooner through and through

5) I want RUUD!!

All that said he's a fantastic manager and that cant be taken away from him

As far as flowing football is concerned ,, i think Arsene is the World's best, but he doesn't teach his players a balance between free flowing football and keeping the ball when required, his players even 1-0 up 90th minute , always go for scoring , they should keep the ball and play the time out , that's the reason he's not been consistent.. in this regard i think Fergie is the best.. Keeps a good balance....

But i want to see HIDDINK,, come on Roman do something and get him...

I agree with all the points both of you have made in the two posts above. But, for all those who were on here slagging JM and asking for us to play more attacking football, (not me. I was just happy with all the silverware and bragging rights Jose was giving us), I've yet to hear one them come out and ask for Wenger. Or for that matter, even give mention to the exciting, pacy football Le Arse are playing.

Why is that? Is it because he's french? Is it because he isn't doing it in Serie A or La Liga? Is it because he's doing it for the Gooners?

PS. I want Ruud as well.

I was/ am asking for a better balance between attack and defense, and varied football. I think a result of that would be more entertaining football.

so no to wenger. sticks too rigidly to one way of playing.

Wengers fantastic and his probably the best manager we could have if we want to play attacking football. People might say his been unable to string titles together, but one only needs to look at the budget his had to work with to see how fantastically he has done at Arsenal. I shiver at the thought of what the guy could do with Chelsea's budget.

This is all academic anyway as Wenger will never join Chelsea.

This is all academic anyway as Wenger will never join Chelsea.

Thank F*** for that

What makes you say that Bonetti?

I hate Arsenal with a vengeance but have to begrudging admit that the way they play football most of the time is exactly how it should be played. And the credit for that is totally Wenger's.

He'll never come to us - more's the pity - but I would love to see him get the England job. Great to see England play decent football and even better - Arsenal will capitulate without him.

Arsene didn't beat Jose during his spell as Chelsea manager.

Arsenal fans were alot less entertained coming home from Cardiff last season than the Chelsea boys after their defeat!!!

He picked Senderos who we all know Drogba has in his pocket and it cost the the game!!

Arsenal have yet to play a side in the top half of the league this season, we have played everyone bar Everton and Man City!

Arsene has been left alone to manage at Arsenal, would the same happen if he came here?

He'll never leave Arsenal to come here, and I don't really want him.

p.s. seen barca this season just? incredible to watch.

Barce have looked superb this season, but they where actually at there best when Ronnie was out and Iniesta was playing down the left for 3 games earlier in the month

I didn't ever think I would be saying a team looked better without Ronnie

the thing is- he's let himself get like that (a problem with motivation etc)- if he wanted he'd still be the best player in the world- possibly a change of scenery could help him... so since the problem isn't physical (like it was with ronaldo and those knee operations), I wouldn't say he's "past it".

ineista is very good- has improved a lot playing in the wide areas.

watching barca, the one thing that has surprised me is how well yaya toure has managed to take his style of play into their midfield- it proves essien could play as the deepest player in midfield (behind lamps and ballack) without hindering anyone...

p.s. seen barca this season just? incredible to watch.

Barce have looked superb this season, but they where actually at there best when Ronnie was out and Iniesta was playing down the left for 3 games earlier in the month

I didn't ever think I would be saying a team looked better without Ronnie

That's it then, Ronnie at the Bridge by January 31st !!!!!

barca. messi being the best player in the world at the moment doesn't hurt either.

Id be happy to see us absaloutly smash the transfer record for him and it will be the only chance we have of getting him as well. 70 mill, and im not one that normaly goes in for the whole splash the cash its not ours, he's the richest man under 50 in the world or what ever tripe it is

mmm... impossible though.

all those who are completely opposed to ronaldinho is an odd one... to me he's still the best if he wants to be and a new challenge could be good for him.

anyway- one day we'll produce a world class attacking player of our own, out of nowhere. that'll be really exciting.

barca. messi being the best player in the world at the moment doesn't hurt either.

Id be happy to see us absaloutly smash the transfer record for him and it will be the only chance we have of getting him as well. 70 mill, and im not one that normaly goes in for the whole splash the cash its not ours, he's the richest man under 50 in the world or what ever tripe it is

For 70 million you could buy every young player in Argentina and just wait to see if any of them get any good icon_lol.gif

no- not yet anyway. but they've won 2 leagues and a european cup in 3 years playing like that...

real started great but their peformances have been on the slide a little- schuster is a fan of mass rotation.

Wenger is a brilliant manager... imagine what he could do with money !!! There I said it. please dont let any gooner hear me say that. 128.gif

... and should he come can he bring that upstart Van Pussy with him .... thats it! I am off to wash my mouth out icon_twisted.gif