Ronaldo - dive or penalty?

BLUENUT

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 541296.ece

Dunno if it's on youtube yet, but for me it was a dive, and a stupid one because he was on a hat-rick. From the camera angle behind the goal he didn't even look at the ball on his run-in to the goal, eye's only on the keeper!

Fine player but there has always been this side to his game, if I was Fergie I'd have fined him, not defended him and called the ref and everyone else cheats.

Not v easy to tell, but 'dive' for me, as his final touch took the ball too wide, where the covering defenders were running back, and so he thought he'd have a bit of a tumble.

Very lucky boy not to get a second yellow for that sarcastic round of applause as well.

To me it looks like Niemi catches him with his glove / arm. Don't want to stick up for a Utd player but if a keeper comes charging out like that and gets nowhere near the ball, then it has to be a pen.

If that had been Drogba, Joe, Swp whoever - I'd be screeming for a penalty, no doubt about it.

Rooney also swore at the ref for giving him offside last night, just before he was brought off.

Considering this is the same ground Steve Clarke got a suspended sentence for using fowl and abusive language when we had a player dismissed for relatively nothing, I'd say it's one rule for one wouldn't you Fergie?

Archived