fat spanish wa*ker

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I agree with Rafa on one thing though, that tackle had been made before and sometimes been rewarded with a yellow and sometimes with nothing.

But, as Rafa also admitted, the challenge could be a red card.

I also agree with him that the timing of the card was the key. First a goal for us and only a couple of minutes later or so Pool got one man sent off. It's like turning the other cheek and get hit there too... 300.gif

I can't however understand why he blames Mikel. Obi-Wan might have been there and kicked Crouch a few times but apparently it wasn't enough to warrant a card or even a freekick. Things like that happends all the time in football. It's called provoking or just playing gritty.

If Crouch can't take it and looses his head then it's his fault, not Mikels.

Mikel didn't have a great game and he was kicked around quite alot. Did he put in a stupid tackle? No, for once he kept calm and played on.

Players kicking other players has been a part of the game for years, ask any Leeds fan , but for him to blame Mikel is outragous. He had the cheek to call Jose a bad loser over the years , now look at HIM . Maybe if he knew how to pick a winning team he'd have less to give out about.

Ive disliked a few managers down the years but never as much as this prick.

I agree with Rafa on one thing though, that tackle had been made before and sometimes been rewarded with a yellow and sometimes with nothing.

But, as Rafa also admitted, the challenge could be a red card.

um.. you saw the same tackle as me right?

it was a f**king vicious tackle. he f**king tried to mash obi's legs, he wasnt even TRYING to get the ball. you see him look at mikel during the tackle.

[youtube:1ql7go4h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdbDZu3634[/youtube:1ql7go4h]

I can't believe that there is even a debate. It is a shokiing attempt at breaking someones leg. Pretty sickening! Imagine the outcry if it had been mikel doing it to "our precious england internatinal centre forward"

Straight red no question, and Pieman defending Crouch doesn't surprise me one bit, the guy is an ignorant c*nt of the highest order.

The only reason Mikel wasn't seriously injured is because Crouch's legs are like pipe cleaners and carry no weight, anybody of a stockier build making that "challenge" and it would have been a lot more damaging.

Also I wonder if the FA will investigate the way the Liverpool players surrounded the ref and Crouch shouting "f*ck off" as he walked down the tunnel, just like they're investigating Cole's two fingered salute at the Arse on Sunday?. Answer: probably not. icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

When Fat Rafa first arrived he was comical, then he became boring, and how he is a whinging, classless c*nt. How you defend a challenge like that is beyond me. He really must be feeling the pressure. 'Positive clear the air talks' with Hicks and Co my arse.

I hope he stays at Liverpool,Because while he is there they will win F**k all.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE SCUM STUCK ON THE M40 LAST NIGHT,THE SMELL ON THEM COACHES MUST HAVE BEEN BAD ALL SITTING THERE IN THEIR RED AND DIRTY WHITE SHIRTS,VERY COLD.

SANTA CAME EARLY THIS YEAR ! HO HO HO

None of the people around me in the East Upper (yeah, I know! 317.gif ) could understand why it took so long for Sissoko to get booked. The arse was clattering people all over the pitch. I didn't see him make one genuine tackle

kev

None of the people around me in the East Upper (yeah, I know! 317.gif ) could understand why it took so long for Sissoko to get booked. The arse was clattering people all over the pitch. I didn't see him make one genuine tackle

kev

Same in the West Stand - the ref offered no protection as far as that twat was concerned

kev

Same in the West Stand - the ref offered no protection as far as that tw*t was concerned

You've got to remember Sissoko isn't malicious he's just clumsy, the same as Scholes. icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I hope he stays at Liverpool,Because while he is there they will win F**k all.

Did not see the game so will not comment on the tackle.

But agree with you on this one.

As long as Benitez remains in charge I really don't believe they will win any premier league campaign with him. In fact I doubt they will win anything this season.

He just doesn't have what it takes in this area.

Already 10 points off the pace and its Christmas now where have I seen that before?

tackle was easily worthy of a red card for the intent, but lets not go overboard. He didnt make any contact and he's not a nasty player with previous. It was a sign of a player out of form and low on confidence getting himself wound up. Also, just read that link and it doesnt seem that Rafa actually defends the tackle, just says he's seen worse, and he's right. IF he'd made contact then fair enough for the castigation, but as he actually didnt, it looks a lot lot worse than it actually was, especially when replayed in slow motion.

Thought Mikel went over the top with his theatrics after as well, rolling around like he's been shot, the card was given instantly so he should have just got straight up. Look at the way Elano (was it?) reacted to Zokora's foul in the spuds semi, i'd prefer a player to be like that.

kev

Every time he went near a Chelsea player he fouled them. Ironically, he ended up being booked for dissent after kicking the ball away. Overall the ref was ok last night but he should have sorted Sissoko out in the first 10 mins.

Didn't make any contact? I take it you scousers are born with myopia as well as sticky fingers.

dont get me wrong loz, nasty tackle, cant argue with the sending off, but the contact was minimal at most. He might have eventually caught his ankle or his heel, but his studs and boots missed Mikels legs completely.

Didn't make any contact? I take it you scousers are born with myopia as well as sticky fingers.

dont get me wrong loz, nasty tackle, cant argue with the sending off, but the contact was minimal at most. He might have eventually caught his ankle or his heel, but his studs and boots missed Mikels legs completely.

At least Obi's learning. It's not long ago he'd have stood up and tried to plant one on the lanky freak.

Well done Obi.

Its laughable that Benitez is trying to defend Crouch. Sure Mikel took a bit of a swipe at him but you dont then go and impersonate Jackie Chan when you're in front of the ref and the bench, and the player is going nowhere.

Pete I agree with you about the actual contact made during the challenge. If anything Crouch should have been sent off for making an ass of himself with such an embarassing challenge. The American commentators on Fox News over here in USA were laughing at Crouch repeatedly over his lanky lunge.

From what I could see Mikel just stayed down but I didn't have the opportunity to see the incident live so I assume I missed the theatrics afterwards. Of course nobody wants to see that either but it is unfortunately part and parcel of the modern game. From Chelsea's point of view I'd rather see Mikel stay down than turn around and try to punch Crouch (as he has been guilty of in the past). But if he wasn't injured of course he should get up and walk off to let the ref sort it out.

I think the original point made in this thread though was to criticise Rafa over his attempt to defend a mindless challenge. Contact or not it was stupid and reckless and did not need a defence. I wish managers would be more willing to criticise their players when they commit bad challenges or argue with the ref. Maybe then the players wouldn't think they were above the law and refuse to leave the pitch or argue with the ref over decisions quite as often. That goes for our bunch too by the way. When was the last time a player was docked wages for discipline?