Best Hatrick Ever?

Guest Brian M
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Every now and then, (well, quite often actually), Brian likes to bring up Jimbo's hatrick. I was at that game, and while, they were three good goals, Brian and many others tend to forget the lids only had 10 men on the pitch when two of the goals were scored.

Interesting to read a Spuds fan's view of that game. It would appear they don't like us much. Especially liked the comment about the debt and his opinion of Poyet!

http://www.topspurs.com/0102-a-cfc.htm

So, best ever hat-trick? OK if it's not Flo's against Spertz, (in their own gaff and with 11 men on the pitch), how about King Kerry's three goals in the 5-0 drubbing of Leeds that won us promotion?

Members of the jury, we are here today to decide on who has scored the greatest hatrick since the Premier League began? And, without further ado, I give you exhibit 'A':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxpHs6N6Drw&NR=1

Another obviously doctored video. It's amazing what they can do with editing suites to make it look like JFH was actually running....

Didn't Gav Pecock score a hat-trick against someone once (Boro?)? That was my fave because he was a top gent.

It was Boro Mike, when we beat them 5-0. Gullit gave us a masterclass that day and even took the time to bollock little John Spencer for playing a fairly speculative, nae useless, 40 yard pass when we were 5-0 up!

How about seeing two Chelsea hat-tricks in the same game?

71/72, Chelsea 13 Jeunesse Hautcharage 0, Peter Osgood got 5, Tommy Baldwin 3. Mind you the opposition were from the Luxembourg 3rd.Division, and we beat them 8-0 away in the first leg, so maybe not so much of an achievement icon_lol.gif

The first hat-trick I ever saw scored was in only the second game I ever went to - unfortunately it was Ron Davies who got four goals when Southampton beat us 6-2 at the Bridge in 1967, with future y*d Martin Chivers getting the other two. At least I got to see my first goals by Peter Osgood in the same game though bow.gif

I had to wait until the following season before I saw my first Chelsea hat-trick - in February 1969 when Bobby Tambling hit four against Sunderland happy0034.gif

It was Boro Mike, when we beat them 5-0. Gullit gave us a masterclass that day and even took the time to bollock little John Spencer for playing a fairly speculative, nae useless, 40 yard pass when we were 5-0 up!

Have to say that game was the best quality football i have ever seen us play. It was stunning stuff.

Other great Chelsea hat-tricks i can recall are Durie against Walsall (5 goals!) , Dixon against Coventry in 85 - the scoreboard said 'c'mon Kerry we are not going home untill you get 3' and Vialli got 4 against Barnsley in 97 and got rewarded by his mate Ruddy by being dropped next game!

Non chelsea hatricks? - i recall Bergkamp getting a good one at Leicester.

Guest Brian M
Another obviously doctored video. It's amazing what they can do with editing suites to make it look like JFH was actually running....

Haahahhaaaa! That's funny sh*t! icon_lol.gif

PS: you and I both know Mike, that Jimmy didn't have time to run. Not when he was scoring a goal every other game... 247.gif

How could they describe Gronkjaer's cross for the header as run of the mill? It was the only decent cross he sent over in his entire career with us, apart from the one that flew in from wide out in Ranieri's final season (was it v Monaco?)

Yes...that was against Monaco, but to be fair, he did put in a good cross for Desailly to nod the ball into the net in the last match of the 02/03 season against Liverpool...shortly before scoring from a misplaced cross. icon_lol.gif

That match is still one of my best memories of watching Chelsea. Watching it in a pub filled with red Hyypiä shirts(and some other Liverpool shirts as well) and I was the only one in a Chelsea shirt and it seemed like I was pretty much the only one cheering for Chelsea. At least no one else made any noise to suggest they were. Remember getting a proper "if looks could kill" -moment after our second goal. The whole pub fell silent but I immediately stood up punching the air and shouting just nonsense. The red masses in the pub looked less than pleased with my celebrations. PDT_nunu.gif247.gif431.gif

ChElSea2.gif