When will Amy Winehouse die?

Scott
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I'm with Liam on this! Out of order! just some low way of gaining some revenue and maybe selling email addresses to penis pill companies.

Now if the website guy was doing it for 'Pete (bags-of-talent?) Doherty', it could be a worthwhile site.

Even pissed and stoned she can perform the b*****ks off of 99% of what the industry perceive as "artists & performers" Leave the girl alone

Actually, judging by what I've heard, she can't perform all that well when she's on the drink or under the influence. She often doesn't even show up. Wish she could sort herself out. She's a talented girl, no doubt about that, but she needs to stop trying to destroy herself.

For me the talent issue is irrelevant. What she is is a girl with a lot of problems and quite probably a lot of pain ahead of here before things (hopefully) improve. I'm certainly not going to sit and pass judgement on her for her mistakes or lifestyle because I know damn well I have made some howlers in my time and see it as nobody's business but mine and the people it affected. Fortunately for me I don't have some t*t from tabloid newspapers desperate to use my turmoil to make a few quid and unfortunately for Amy Winehouse (and many others) there are enough people out there with bugger all better to do with their time then get cheap thrills reading about celebrities screwing up and seeing pictures of it.

Loz, you seem to be the voice of reason every time a subject such as this comes up. And I agree, it's not a good thing to see people suffer mainly because of the effect it has on those around them. the people I blame though are not the tabloid press but the celebrity obsessed masses that want to constantly read about them. Who cares, more importantly why do you care, do people not have enough going on in their own lives to keep them occupied. The number of girlie celebrity mags on the shelves in every newsagents is to my mind a serious concern. People need to start looking after themselves before they start worrying what JT had for breakfast!!!!!

Blimey that was a good rant.

the people I blame though are not the tabloid press but the celebrity obsessed masses that want to constantly read about them.

Amen to that - the bottom line is the tabloids are simply feeding a fairly putrid but unfortunately widespread demand (although there is an extent to which the media actually create that demand in the first place so I don't absolve the gutter press entirely).

It is an ongoing argument I have with my brother as he buys the Sun everyday without fail and he sees it as nothing but harmless fun and light relief furing a hard days graft whereas I see it as spiteful rubbish that predominantly feeds off the suffering of others.

Loz, you seem to be the voice of reason every time a subject such as this comes up. And I agree, it's not a good thing to see people suffer mainly because of the effect it has on those around them. the people I blame though are not the tabloid press but the celebrity obsessed masses that want to constantly read about them. Who cares, more importantly why do you care, do people not have enough going on in their own lives to keep them occupied. The number of girlie celebrity mags on the shelves in every newsagents is to my mind a serious concern. People need to start looking after themselves before they start worrying what JT had for breakfast!!!!!

Blimey that was a good rant.

I bet it is Weatabix icon_wink.gif

Even pissed and stoned she can perform the b*****ks off of 99% of what the industry perceive as "artists & performers" Leave the girl alone

Actually, judging by what I've heard, she can't perform all that well when she's on the drink or under the influence. She often doesn't even show up. Wish she could sort herself out. She's a talented girl, no doubt about that, but she needs to stop trying to destroy herself.

When I saw here at the Brixton Academy in Novemember she was excellent - even if she was a bit wobbly. Personally, I would sell my soul to the devil to help her if I could, but the only person who can help her is herself.

• 6 months later...
By a strange coincidence I just read this while browsong through the Shed End Lounge. So, it's now 27th July 2008 and she's still with us. Guess again, Scott

I do believe the lass has turned her life around.

posteramywineup3.jpg