Wigan v Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

no thread started yet, but a premiership match up in the FA Cup. I don't think this match up should be taken lightly, but I would certainly like to see Sinclair and Sahar figure. Even if off the bench. any news on Lampard being back?

Lampard is still out, for about 2 weeks more I think.

I'd like to see Sahar or Sinclair (or both) in the 16 today, I was a bit dissapointed not to see either of them in the 16 for the Everton game.

According to the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 197726.stm

Chelsea squad: Cech, Cudicini, Hilario, Ferreira, Belletti, A Cole, Bridge, Carvalho, Ben-Haim, Alex, Sidwell, J Cole, Malouda, Pizarro, Anelka, Wright-Phillips, Makelele, Ballack.

Ballack may figure depending on the results of a late fitness test, but sadly it seems there's no place for either Sahar or Sinclair.

Referee: Uriah Rennie God helps us.

BBC often gets it wrong. They sometimes have players marked to be in the squad even when those players are either injured or suspended. 317.gif

Hopefully it all goes well. First I'm going to the local Chelsea Pub(yes, it's actually called Pub Chelsea and it actually is named after the Mighty Blues) to watch the match and then I'm going to watch some ska bands at a local club. Hopefully it will be a jolly good evening all the way through. 431.gif

COME ON CHELSEA!

ChElSea.gifpenqUIn.gifChElSea.gif::Scalf::

Team for the game:

1 Petr Cech

35 Juliano Belletti

33 Alex

6 Ricardo Carvalho

18 Wayne Bridge

24 Shaun Wright-Phillips

4 Claude Makelele ©

9 Steve Sidwell

10 Joe Cole

39 Nicolas Anelka

15 Florent Malouda

Chelsea's subs are 23 Carlo Cudicini, 20 Paulo Ferreira, 22 Tal Ben-Haim, 17 Scott Sinclair, 14 Claudio Pizarro.

Team for the game:

1 Petr Cech

35 Juliano Belletti

33 Alex

6 Ricardo Carvalho

18 Wayne Bridge

24 Shaun Wright-Phillips

4 Claude Makelele ©

9 Steve Sidwell

10 Joe Cole

39 Nicolas Anelka

15 Florent Malouda

Chelsea's subs are 23 Carlo Cudicini, 20 Paulo Ferreira, 22 Tal Ben-Haim, 17 Scott Sinclair, 14 Claudio Pizarro.

I guess the BBC was wrong again. Match chat anyone?

I think everyone;s reaction to the first half is ridiculously harsh. The pitch is terrible; impossible to play good pass and move game. We have been pretty much in control of the game, limited Wigan to one half chance. I fully expect us to nick a goal and go through. Not startling so far admittedly but thoroughly professional (hope I haven't put the kibosh of things!!).

we haven't been playing our best so far. First half: Long balls to Anelka and Joe. Passing going nowhere and Alex has to watch his tackles.

But Makalele is cleaning up the mistakes and Joe is playing great for me so far.

O and how could i forget SWP's cross icon_eek.gif not a good one.