Chelsea enter Amauri hunt

Elliott
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Not fast enough for EPL and he is at the best age at the moment. He will be 28-29 when/if he adjusts to EPL.

I say lets go for younger players in the summer. Our squad is really strong and experienced at the moment. More youth to the team.

I agree with bringing in youth, as long as they are up to it. I dont know too much about this fella, but it's an interesting rumour nevertheless.

Surely Huntelaar has to be our main target, if we are to bring in another centre forward?

well, lets assume that Drogba leaves in the summer, and that Mr Piz is let go. I can see why we might go for another striker. Star has said that Huntelaar is one of our main targets in the summer, but then the Mancs were rumoured to be after him (didn't they then come out and say they were not?) But the mancs are also meant to be after Berbatov? If you were a young striker, and had the choice to come here and play alongside Di Santo, Anelka, Kalou and maybe Sheva (although I see him leaving in the summer too) or going to man Utd to play with berba, Sahar, Teves, Ronaldo, Rooney....I think that you would have a better chance of making an impact at Chelsea

Scott

Di Santo, Anelka, Sahar, Kalou and maybe Sheva / Berba, Teves, Ronaldo, Rooney.

Compare those two striker lineups

Di Santo/Sahar = VS Rooney Rooney wins this 10 times out of 10

Tevez VS Anelka = I will call this one a draw

Kalou VS Ronaldo = icon_eek.gif

Sheva VS Berbatov = No comment plz icon_sad.gif

If Man U do sign Berbatov in summer, we are going to have to do some serious strengthening up front

you pick me up on a typo rather than answer the main point?! icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I think we will be in a decent position to lure a young striker like Huntelaar to us, when we could almost guarantee him a regular first team spot, whereas Manure couldn't

Anyway, I think we will be in a decent position to lure a young striker like Huntelaar to us, when we could almost guarantee him a regular first team spot, whereas Manure couldn't

Only if Anelka, Drogba and Kalou left could we guarantee him a regular first team spot. Curiously, Man U would be more likely to offer him a regular place seeing as they don't actually have any centre forwards (not that this seems to matter for them!).

• 2 months later...

everyone want him, i watch him sometimes on serie a, but i don't think he's an "exceptional" talent. He scored a couple good goals, but he has a bad temper that often leads to red/ yellow cards. Don't go for him, not the fastest striker and tends to be selfish at times.

everyone want him, i watch him sometimes on serie a, but i don't think he's an "exceptional" talent. He scored a couple good goals, but he has a bad temper that often leads to red/ yellow cards. Don't go for him, not the fastest striker and tends to be selfish at times.

He was very good last season, this season Palermo as a team had a very bad season.

• 1 month later...

Just an update on Amauri, he's gone to Juve:

Juventus have signed Brazilian striker Amauri from Palermo and sold Italian midfielder Antonio Nocerino to the Sicilians, the Serie A clubs said on Friday.

"Amauri belongs to Juventus," said Juve's Web site (http://www.juventus.com), ending weeks of speculation. "Today the Brazilian forward signed a four-year contract".

Amauri, who is acquiring an Italian passport, scored 15 league goals last season and was much in demand, with AC Milan and clubs in England also interested.

Just an update on Amauri, he's gone to Juve:
Juventus have signed Brazilian striker Amauri from Palermo and sold Italian midfielder Antonio Nocerino to the Sicilians, the Serie A clubs said on Friday.

"Amauri belongs to Juventus," said Juve's Web site (http://www.juventus.com), ending weeks of speculation. "Today the Brazilian forward signed a four-year contract".

Amauri, who is acquiring an Italian passport, scored 15 league goals last season and was much in demand, with AC Milan and clubs in England also interested.

I'm kind of relieved by this news. Never wanted him.