Paulo signs new contract!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

i'm really stunned by this news. goes to show i don't really know anything about anything, i guess. i agree that paulo has done a great service to the club, but his period of inconsistency earlier this season is troubling, at least troubling enough that i don't feel confident with him being our #1 option at RB heading into the big matches.

Great news.

All he needs is a run of games and he turns into a fantastic player imo. I mustve said that a thousand times now.

Remember the Cup Final last year ? MOM performance i thought, he didnt give the player of the year and the best player in the world* a kick

*if you work for SKY

All he needs is a run of games and he turns into a fantastic player imo. I mustve said that a thousand times now.

I actually agree with this, but I think Belletti is quality too.

Arguably Alves is a lot better than either of them (going forward at least) but I still think they're both very, very capable players, and easily two of the best RB's in the Premiership.

Great news.

Remember the Cup Final last year ? MOM performance i thought, he didnt give the player of the year and the best player in the world* a kick

*if you work for SKY

My thoughts exactly.

wouldn't be too far fetched to assume that we were giving him the contract so that he would be more pricey in the transfer market. Merely though, I might add, as use in a swap deal

However, I think Paulo is certainly a player that suffers from lack of confidence and games (both going hand in hand)

I am fully fine with having Paulo as a back up RB, but would like to see him play more. His tackles scare me at times (as do Percy's) nd he can go missing. But he can also give great performances. He plays for his national team, and has a CL winner medal....he's rubbish

Now here is the ideal situation for a player on the cusp of squad/first choice to play in the (few) reserve games. The reserves have struggled at right-back most of the season (club problem?) and Paulo needs games/confidence. I know the number of reserve games is no where near the number in the good old days but still.

link to the story on sky

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3163369,00.html

Now! What pi**es me off about this story is that they, Sky, say that he is committing his future to the CC finalists! What the hell, nothing about the trophies that he has been winning with us since he got here.....NO!!! Just that we are in the CC finals this year?

Guest Brian M

Good thinking on the part of the club. Now when we sell him in the summer we'll get a much better price due to the length of contract he has left.

::votepaulo::

Also, completely unrelated, but I just saw this... bfs.gif

At least I'm remembered for something! Cheers Mod, Loz et al....

How... DARE you... I was the one who made that (looking at it, it looks quite crap, may need to re-do it!) and it was one of first I did.

346.gif346.gif346.gif