GET RID OF DROGBA NOW!!!!!!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I have said this before and I know most of you don't agree, but in the last week, our own players have had a go at him. On Tuesday Petr Cech had a go at him after the match, it could be completely innocent, but for it to be said on the pitch isn't a good sign.

Yesterday four minutes left on the extra time clock and then Drogba decides to have go at the referee and I think it was Tainio who was taking the throw in, and Drogba had to be pushed away by Ballack, and the look on Ballacks face was serious.

This is why I say get rod of Drogba now!!!!

I'm not sure what you mean really by "had a go at him". I think there wasn't anything unusual about the way Ballack tried to cool him not to be send of.

I dont think it is Drogs fault but our performance's have been soulless for some time now. There is no passion and no significant style that defines Chelsea's playing style.

Maybe the Jose is wearing of from our players and they are clueless what Grant is after.

it was because tanio was taking ages taking the throw in and someone told him to hurry up and he then pointed at the scoreboard and atthe score, so i understand why drogba was unhappy, but yes he shouldve let it go, it ended up becoming emmbarrasing

Drogba is the best player at Chelsea FC right now and arguably our most important player. We aren't going to improve our side by kicking him out. Maybe this is the difference between Mourinho and Grant, Mourinho knew how to keep Drogba happy and get the best performances out of him.

but saying get rid of Drogba because of this? Please!

Not just because of this...

I'm one of the people who have been saying this for a very long time. It is not a coincidence that Drogba started being our main source of "success" at the same time Chelsea started lossing success. Think about that. The minute we started playing "Drogba's football", Chelsea lost! Thank you, but no thank you, because I want more than just those two years of success (when we needed a Drogba replacement, remember?)

The sooner... The better!

I was going to try and ignore threads like this because yesterday hurt so much and today is probably even worse.

But I can't.

Some people on here deserve to go 26 years without winning anything.

Some fans are so impatient for success they often make stupid pannicked calls which would destroy a football club's chances of ever being successfull.

I am trying to think of a name to call it, something like "the suicidal football fan paradox". We can gather together and talk about how desperately we want to sell our 100 goal scoring midfield legend whose still in his prime so we can purchase whatever player is being talked about in the news this week.

Are you suggesting we keep Drogba for 26 more years?

No. I'm suggesting you need to spend a few trophyless years, a lot of money, and many Saturdays watching the likes of Alan Mays, Dave Mitchell and Steve Livingstone.

I'm not sure what you mean really by "had a go at him". I think there wasn't anything unusual about the way Ballack tried to cool him not to be send of.

He was telling Drogba to shut the f**k up so the rest of the team could get on with the game in which we were trailing.

Are you suggesting we keep Drogba for 26 more years?

No. I'm suggesting you need to spend a few trophyless years, a lot of money, and many Saturdays watching the likes of Alan Mays, Dave Mitchell and Steve Livingstone.

Just, I started following Chelsea right before Zola came. We weren't the worse club in the league, but we were not successful either. It was not success that made me a fan. But knowing that Chelsea today is in the five richest and biggest clubs in the world, I have to ask for more. And more to me is someone other than Drogba, who isn't a team player, and someone other than Grant.

[

Just, I started following Chelsea right before Zola came. We weren't the worse club in the league, but we were not successful either. It was not success that made me a fan. But knowing that Chelsea today is in the five richest and biggest clubs in the world, I have to ask for more. And more to me is someone other than Drogba, who isn't a team player, and someone other than Grant.

I was gonna treat this post with the contempt it deserves but that last comment really riled me. Yes you can accuse Drogba of being a diving whinging tw** at times, and yes he's not playing at his best at the moment. But to say he's not a team player is absolute tripe. He is THE team player, works hard for the team defensively and offensively. He also deserves recognition for being hugely instrumental in our 2 titles, so calling for him to be kicked out it is ridiculous. actions1.gif

But to say he's not a team player is absolute tripe. He is THE team player, works hard for the team defensively and offensively. He also deserves recognition for being hugely instrumental in our 2 titles, so calling for him to be kicked out it is ridiculous. actions1.gif

His work defensively is exellent, and that's the only credit I'll give him for now.

As for being "hugely instrumental in our 2 titles"... 300.gif Are you sure?

I don't know, I hate repeating myself, but after those two titles we brought in Sheva hoping we would heal our weakest link (forward at that point), which had been Drogba, and only then Drogba started to be our main force and our "biggest success".

And now, for my main point, tell me if you've honestlly been happy with the way Chelsea's been playing SINCE Drogba started being that main source of success? Or were those days when we were trying out other forwards to fit that role a bit better? ball.gif

Getting rid of Drogba isn't going to improve our teams creativity out of midfield, really it isn't. The change has to come from midfield not from Drogba who basically carried the team when his been on the park since the start of last season.

What kind of topsy turvy world is this when people think the way to improve a side is to sell the side's best players?.

I agree that Drogba does or certainly has in the past been a great team player and worked his socks of. Its not only about his goals. He should be kept IF his heart is in it because he's probably the best centre forward in the world at the minute.

Although i agree with most of what you said wicksey i think you have played into Just's hands a bit by saying you started supporting CFC just before Zola arrived. These last 10yrs have been our glory yrs, it was the 26yrs before that that were tough. And although its hard to accept results or more importantly performances like sunday i think what Just is trying to say is some dont seem to realise how lucky they are.

I dont think the playing staff needs any major surgery, just a new manager.

I think with a name like wicksey he's been around longer than that icon_wink.gif (he was quoting someone else)

On Tuesday Petr Cech had a go at him after the match, it could be completely innocent, but for it to be said on the pitch isn't a good sign.

They were both walking off complaining to each other about the tactics......ie, not going for the win - watch it again!!!! The manager was being questioned by the players before this CC final debacle!

I agree that Drogba does or certainly has in the past been a great team player and worked his socks of. Its not only about his goals. He should be kept IF his heart is in it because he's probably the best centre forward in the world at the minute.

Although i agree with most of what you said wicksey i think you have played into Just's hands a bit by saying you started supporting CFC just before Zola arrived. These last 10yrs have been our glory yrs, it was the 26yrs before that that were tough. And although its hard to accept results or more importantly performances like sunday i think what Just is trying to say is some dont seem to realise how lucky they are.

I dont think the playing staff needs any major surgery, just a new manager.

Not been on here for a few days so only just catching up. No it wasn't me who said I started supporting Chelsea just before Zola arrived. I've supported Chelsea since the mid 60scan still remember the '67 cup final and was there at Wembley in '94.

The confusion may have arose from me cocking up using the quote facility!!! 300.gif