Rijkaard would consider offer for Chelsea job

Iceman
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

This is just another rumor.

That said, if Grant is removed from the post at the end of the season and the Dutchman is available, i wouldn't mind having Rijkaard as the next Chelsea manager. Yes, i remember him spitting at Rudy Voller and yes, i remember the whole Frisk incident and the bad blood that followed. Once he becomes one of us, it's all forgotten.

If he were to revamp the squad and have us play Barcelona like football i'd be over the moon with happiness. We all like to talk about Jose's accomplishments, and rightly so, but let's not forget that in about the same period of time Rijkaard won everything in Spain and won the CL in 2006 so he doesn't just entertain, he is a winner as well.

I think once people stop celebrating the fact he isn't Avram Grant they would realise he isn't that great of a manager and start calling for his head.

I think his decent, no more no less and if your happy with decent, then why not just stick with Avram Grant?.

I think once people stop celebrating the fact he isn't Avram Grant they would realise he isn't that great of a manager and start calling for his head.

I think his decent, no more no less and if your happy with decent, then why not just stick with Avram Grant?.

If back to back La Liga titles and winning the CL is decent, then can we have more of that please?

Rijkaard had both a great squad and a bit of luck on his side. Like Grant and unlike Mourinho, his not the kind of manager who can make tactical adjustments that change a game on a regular basis. Rijkaard's idea of a tactical adjustment is subing his wing backs.

Chelsea under JM and Barca under FR have had brilliant players in all their victories it is not just that they are such brilliant managers, which they are but both teams have had top 3 players(in the world) on every position during these victories.

They have had the talent to bring out the best of the players in the right time.

I think Rijkaard is a great manager but he wont change our game to look like Barcas since we dont have ronnie, messi, eto'o etc and I dont even want them here. I would like to see us winning titles with the guys we have since I'm convinced it is totally possible.

At the moment I want us to change manager when the season is done. Will it be one of our own, Rijkaard or Ancelotti who knows. I think this squad can win anything under the right guidance.

God help the bloke if he came in and battled with the mainstay of his team being unavailable then lost three games out of his first thirty odd,

and if he had the luxuary of having four months here before he brought one player of his choosing into the team at the same time he would certainly be in trouble icon_lol.gif

i agree with essiens strike. im disgusted that the players didnt accept being dropped for the final. there in a squad. if its true about jt and lamps kicking of because they werent named, then they both just lost some of my respect. compare it to joey cole. accepted the decision, ran his arse of when he came on. some of our players need to take a long hard look at themselves.

edit. just found this quote from rijkaards agent. "Frank has money. He can eat two or three steaks a day if he wants to. He has a contract and he is happy." " lucky frank.

God knows I want Grant to f*ck right off as far away from Chelsea Football Club as is physically possible, but I don't think replacing him with Rijkaard is the answer.

Yes, i remember him spitting at Rudy Voller and yes, i remember the whole Frisk incident and the bad blood that followed. Once he becomes one of us, it's all forgotten

The incident with Frisk was bad enough, but if you've got copies of Chelsea/Barca games on video or DVD, try watching Rijkaard's behaviour after the games. And you might be able to forget him spitting in the face of a fellow professional player (not once, but twice) but I won't - the man's a f*ckin' disgrace, and isn't fit to manage Chelsea.

On a question of blame for recent poor results. In Grants early games there was an awfull lot in the press (specially after the Valencia game), that we had won in spite of the manager! A couple of mates have been saying for a while that they think the players have been carrying us through on pride and professionalism and giving very little credit to Grant. IF that's the case it's inevitable that at some point things are going to go wrong (the cup final), players need to be managed!

For the record I would welcome FR as our manager next year.

Guest Brian M

Am I the only one who would relish a Barca v Chelsea champions league knock out match next season with Rijkaard in charge of Chelsea and Jose in charge of Barca?!!!

Oh, the theatre of it all! The melodrama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woohoo.gif

The papers would have a field day and the footballing world as we know it would grind to a halt to watch!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

God knows I want Grant to f*ck right off as far away from Chelsea Football Club as is physically possible, but I don't think replacing him with Rijkaard is the answer.
Yes, i remember him spitting at Rudy Voller and yes, i remember the whole Frisk incident and the bad blood that followed. Once he becomes one of us, it's all forgotten

The incident with Frisk was bad enough, but if you've got copies of Chelsea/Barca games on video or DVD, try watching Rijkaard's behaviour after the games. And you might be able to forget him spitting in the face of a fellow professional player (not once, but twice) but I won't - the man's a f*ckin' disgrace, and isn't fit to manage Chelsea.

Spot on. Exactly how I feel.

I could never welcome Rijkaard. Never.

That said, if he came and brought Messi with him, I might just go with it icon_wink.gif

personally i think more blame should be put on the boys. the bloody manager cant go out there and kick the damn ball - 90% of the players have been playing like spoilt little dicks recently, and the bottom line is they need to buck their sh*t up or F*** off.

Everyone should look at themselves and what they did wrong but it is the managers job to make the players play. I can understand the mutiny inside the team after Jose left and it is an unfair situation for Grant as well. He can't be expected to be Jose and the players bloody well should understand it. I wish more players would be like J.Cole. He has realized that manager is always the boss whoever it is. I think his attitude has been really good from the beginning. Terry and Lamps should realize that too. I think Jose was too much of a buddy of those guys and now they think they run the show post Jose.

Grants charisma and authority isn't enough at the moment to some of our high flying stars. It's a shame really.

What about Mourinho? I know we are eternally grateful for what he's done at the club but how many times you read or hear something and say "How i wish he would just shut the f... up already?" The Special One during his three years at Chelsea created so many enemies Rijkaard looks half decent human being by comparison. You are just willing to overlook Mourinho's nasty side because he was our manager and who cares if he has rotten attitude if he brings us trophies,right?

What about Mourinho? I know we are eternally grateful for what he's done at the club but how many times you read or hear something and say "How i wish he would just shut the f... up already?" The Special One during his three years at Chelsea created so many enemies Rijkaard looks half decent human being by comparison. You are just willing to overlook Mourinho's nasty side because he was our manager and who cares if he has rotten attitude if he brings us trophies,right?

There were times when I hated the way Mourinho acted. Loved the fact he was a winner and installed that winning mentality throughout the squad but hated his attitude and behaviour at times and his complete lack of dignity.

But even then, his complete lack of dignity, still does not compare to gobbing in an oppenents face. It might be a few years ago now but that makes him the lowest of the low IMO.

There's a world of difference between voicing an opinion and spitting in someone's face. If you can't see that, well...... 317.gif

I was never Mourinho's biggest fan, but not because of his opinions - I actually agreed with most of what he came out with, even though it was taken grossly out of context in the UK press. Chelsea made so many enemies while Mourinho was in charge because of the way he was reported in the press, but most of those so-called enemies were more bitter about Roman's money than Jose's mouth.

I didn't enjoy watching Chelsea play for the most part while Mourinho was in charge - even though we were very successful. And his transfer dealings weren't exactly brilliant either - that's always assuming that they were his dealings.

If I really believed that Mourinho had a nasty side, I'd comment on that, but you're talking sh*t (again). Ken Bates - now he had a f*ckin' nasty side, and I hated him for it - he turned more people against Chelsea than Mourinho could have done in ten lifetimes! icon_rolleyes.gif

There's a world of difference between voicing an opinion and spitting in someone's face. If you can't see that, well...... 317.gif

I was never Mourinho's biggest fan, but not because of his opinions - I actually agreed with most of what he came out with, even though it was taken grossly out of context in the UK press. Chelsea made so many enemies while Mourinho was in charge because of the way he was reported in the press, but most of those so-called enemies were more bitter about Roman's money than Jose's mouth.

I didn't enjoy watching Chelsea play for the most part while Mourinho was in charge - even though we were very successful. And his transfer dealings weren't exactly brilliant either - that's always assuming that they were his dealings.

If I really believed that Mourinho had a nasty side, I'd comment on that, but you're talking sh*t (again). Ken Bates - now he had a f*ckin' nasty side, and I hated him for it - he turned more people against Chelsea than Mourinho could have done in ten lifetimes! icon_rolleyes.gif

The press only turned on Jose in his second season he could do no wrong in everyone's eyes the first season. I agree he was misquoted and what he said spun so many times it was laughable.

Jose brought us sucess and everyone in this country hates a winner which is why we are f**ked as a country. No one is allowed to be a winner.

Didn't do to bad with the last Dutch manager so all good for me if we can't have Capello .

personally i think more blame should be put on the boys. the bloody manager cant go out there and kick the damn ball - 90% of the players have been playing like spoilt little dicks recently, and the bottom line is they need to buck their sh*t up or F*** off.

and whose responsibility is it to get them to buck their ideas up? to play to their potential? to deal with any egos in the squad? to drop people who aren't performing?

A clue.... NotAvingIt.gif

and whose responsibility is it to get them to buck their ideas up? to play to their potential? to deal with any egos in the squad? to drop people who aren't performing?

Its Grants Job

Unless.................we just won then its Congratulations to Cate and Clarke for motivating the team icon_lol.gif

Everyone should look at themselves and what they did wrong but it is the managers job to make the players play. I can understand the mutiny inside the team after Jose left and it is an unfair situation for Grant as well. He can't be expected to be Jose and the players bloody well should understand it. I wish more players would be like J.Cole. He has realized that manager is always the boss whoever it is. I think his attitude has been really good from the beginning. Terry and Lamps should realize that too. I think Jose was too much of a buddy of those guys and now they think they run the show post Jose.

Grants charisma and authority isn't enough at the moment to some of our high flying stars. It's a shame really.

What has Terry done?

There was an article on the Guardian on-line yesterday on Avram Grant, whether or not he was a competent manager, and all the comments from non-Chelsea posters were complains about Terry. As far as I know he had a spat with ten Cate not Grant and it was about training not team selection. If I remember correctly Terry said that Grant has always kept the starting XI secret until the last minute. So if Grant has been doing this for the last three months why would Terry complain about it on the eve of the CC final? I think this is just something the media have made up as the enjoy picking on Terry at the moment.

Its Grants Job

Unless.................we just won then its Congratulations to Cate and Clarke for motivating the team icon_lol.gif

No, no. It works like this:

If we lose it's because of the manager and if we win it is inspite of the manager.

Can't you see that? smack_head.gif

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

I couldn't care less about those who hated Chelsea and Jose for the success, and i'm not talking about those c.nts. I'm talking about Mourinho,his antics and his countless lies that made people who otherwise were neutral hate us with passion.

No need to lecture me on the difference between spitting and voicing an opinion, and not everybody who disagrees with you talks sh.t, it's just called a different opinion in case you were wondering.

Through business links (our accountants who count more than one Chelsea player among their clients) I heard that Rijkaard was the likely succesor to Mourinho in October of last year. Avram will move upstairs to the Director of Football role he was hired for and JM & FR will effectively swap places. JM will take Drogba & Lampard and Frank will bring Ronnie and Eto. Now it doesnt sound as ridiculous as it did back then !!! FR was approached and was very POSITIVE about the possible move. Although he wants to try and see out his Barca contract or wait for the tin-tack.

I chose not to believe it and for the record still hope that it will NOT happen. Although I do not think Avram is the man for us, For reasons already more eloquently stated, I dont think FR is either. frank.gif Not Rijkaard though icon_wink.gif