Tim Cahill and the peoples club

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Tim Cahill's celebration yesterday was disgraceful and Everton are saying they don't blame him.

His brother has been jailed for 6 years for a vicious assault on a man, where he kicked the man twice in the head.

Tim's celebration was crossing his wrists, like he been handcuffed.

What a role model!!

i dont think theres anything else it could mean moos. theres nothing wrong with backing your family up, but in this case the lad beaten up has been left partially blind. i doubt his family were too happy to learn of tim cahills celebration. i just hope he comes out and apologises, as he comes across as a decent bloke.

He has made it known that he feels his brother should not have been jailed

I see.

i dont think theres anything else it could mean moos. theres nothing wrong with backing your family up, but in this case the lad beaten up has been left partially blind. i doubt his family were too happy to learn of tim cahills celebration. i just hope he comes out and apologises, as he comes across as a decent bloke.

I see. I agree.

...I need to pee.

icon_lol.gif

He has made it known that he feels his brother should not have been jailed

Of course not. That bloke that was kicked shouldn't have put his head in the line of fire (or the of kicking).

And I say this without any knowledge of the facts.

For info,

Cahills brother while on bail legged it back to Australia, was brought back, with the family say he did not do it, despite over 20 witnesses and conculsive CTV footage.

He was convicted of GBH with Intent which is very serious.

And as dkw said the guy is now partially blind from that attack.

I think it was disgusting. I fully understand family solidarity, even when you know your family member is in the wrong, as it is human nature to stand by the ones you love.

However when your family memebers guilt is so extreme (and as far as I can tell not in any doubt) then you stand by them quietly and help them through things. You don't go on national TV and display that solidarity as if you are making a protest against the rightful punishment he has received.

Doing what he did is no different then if he hd been interviewed after the match and said 'That ones for my bro and I don't particularly care about the fact he half blinded someone'

Cahill is actually a player I have always had time for as I think he gives his all when he plays irresepctive of who he is playing for or against. However this leaves a very sour taste in the mouth and it is hard to think of him as anything but a cretin now.

ive actually met tim cahill a couple of times at rugby league matches, and he was always a gent and always had time for everyone. i once had a good 20 minute chat with him about rugby league and hes a pretty intelligent guy. but hes made a massive mistake here. he needs to apologise and the club needs to apologise too.

someone sent me the below

would it be alright for joey barton to score a goal and then celebrate in support of his brother by simulating hammering someones head in?

Be more appropriate for him to get someone else to hammer Barton's head in by way of celebration

Im not 100% sure about this one.

He probably shouldn't have planned to cross his hands (to symbolise handcuffs) live on telly.

But how do we know that his brother is a bad bloke?

Who are we to criticise something like this??

Surely everybody at some time,has got themselves in a situation,where they have taken things too far,I know I have.

Sometimes its a fine line between getting involved in a stupid scrap and getting involved in something more serious.

Im very close to my brother and if I was in the same situation (rightly or wrongly) I couldn't promise that I wouldn't have done something similar.

Obviousley it wouldn't be ok for Joey Barton to simulate hammering someones head in,but I didn't see Cahill act out what happened in Bromley,he just crossed his hands.