Quarter Finals

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

The lineup for the next round is pretty interesting. Two teams, in Fenerbahçe and Schalke have made it for their 1st time ever, while usual suspects are out.

Plus, Italy now has only one team, and I guess (altho it does not please me) it'll remain this way, since I doubt Inter will beat Liverpool by 3. Moreover, it is not the italian squd we expected to see!

Spain has only one team left. France, none. Germany one (same situation as Italy). Meanwhile, we get a turkish team. icon_eek.gif

England proves its status by having 3, and maybe 4. And that would count has half the quarter finalists. Awesome for the EPL.

Confirmed qualification:

Chelsea

Manchester United

Arsenal

Schalke 04

AS Roma

Barcelona

Fenerbahçe

[inter Milan/Liverpool]

Seems like a wide open table now. And we do have a very realistic chance at the title this year.

As for the draw, I'd like, as some others said in another thread, to avoid English teams, plus Barça.

I honestly believe we can beat English teams, but for the sake of novelty I'd rather have someone else.

Any of Roma, Fenerbahçe and Schalke will do for me! And if not.. well who cares, bring 'em on!

Who would you like to face?

I would've wanted Real Madrid. They're showing signs of falling apart and I don't think we've ever lost to Real in a competitive match(?)

Seriously speaking...just as long as it's not one of the EPL teams, it's fine by me. It's probably Barca next and should we progress to the semi-finals, it's Liverpool and then... ball.gif

not as frightening a last 8 as it could have been, but i'd rather us play foreign oppo than english....if inter fail to beat liverscum, I would want anyone but them...I don't want to see us bored out of the tournament for the third time in four years

Watched the Seville v Fenerbache game last night , absolute belter .

Next round i hope is kind to us , Schalke 04 is preffered , away leg first , but would worry if we got either Arsenal or Man yooooo, id take Barca ahead of either of them. Its just the thought of it, nervous f**king wreck again for a week .

Personally, i would not want roma, they are playing well and are 2nd in the scudetto. I think of the teams left, i would prefer that we get Schalke (again) or best of the bunch would be fenerbache

however, i can almost guarantee we will get man yoooooo

not as frightening a last 8 as it could have been, but i'd rather us play foreign oppo than english....if inter fail to beat liverscum, I would want anyone but them...I don't want to see us bored out of the tournament for the third time in four years

But what a great chance for Grant to get the Mourinho monkey off his back. If he can do what the special one failed to do twice.....

I want Arsenal. A chance to for Grant to prove he is good enough for the Champions League and the Premier League in one. If we beat Arsenal then it shows we have what it takes to beat the big teams in europe and it also gives everyone a moral boost for the Premiership. When is the draw for the next round ?

Many talked last year about the potential for a ManU/Scouse final. I get the feeling that draw might happen sooner than the final this year. I can just imagine the amount of leg breakings and ambulance stonings coming from that one, but it would be a hell of an atmosphere for sure. And hopefully the w**ks can finish Liverpool for us

If we were ever going to face Arsenal and get past them (again) now would be the time. Their confidence looks to be waning, at least from their recent results

My prediction(a positive one)

results over two legs:

Arsenal-ManU 2-1---------------------------------------------

----------------------Chelsea-Barcelona 5-4-------------------

Chelsea-Schalke 3-2-------------------------- Chelsea-Arsenal 2-1

----------------------Arsenal-Roma 3-1-----------------------

Liverpool-Barcelona 3-4----------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

Roma-Fenerbache 6-1-----------------------------------------

I've always had a deep suspicion of Uefa, I reckon all the English teams are going to play each to minimise a possible all English final. My predications are Arse in the quarters & Loserpool in the semi's. Since Uefa dislikes us, it's Barselona in the final.

I've always had a deep suspicion of Uefa, I reckon all the English teams are going to play each to minimise a possible all English final.

exactly my thoughts. an all english final in moscow is what uefa`s nightmares are made of. especially with the dippers recent history.

After tonight's result, I just had a terrible thought. Imagine an Arsenal Vs Liverpool final. smack_head.gif If that's the case I'm going to emigrate to Jupiter.

You could emigrate there but I think you'll find the scallywags have put some hubcaps on it and nicked it!!

now that my last eight are set, my preferred opponents in order would be:

1. Fenerbache

2. Schalke

really, it's these two preferred, and then everyone else clumped together in that non-preferred match-ups

3. Arsenal - most likely to run into problems in the coming weeks with the pressure of the title race and the lack of bench depth

4. Roma - beating Madrid isn't all that impressive, as Madrid have been so inconsistent this year

5. Barca - they just look stunning at the moment, really fantastic

6. Man Utd - still, I'd prefer to play Barca to Utd, who annoy the crap out of me

7. scum - and the scum are my least preferred, not because i'm concerned about losing to them, but because i HATE watching us play them. we bring out the worst in them, and them in us.