Tore Andre Flo retires

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Guest Sindre

Tore Andre Flo has officialy retired from football. Tore Andre Flo was my first idol on a football pitch and i will never forget his goals against Barcelona, his hat-trick against Sp*rs AND his goal against Brazil in the 1998 World Cup.

shame that. never quite hit the heights after leaving us, but i loved him when he was her. i remember the goals he scored against betis. coming from wide left, cutting in and bending them past the keeper. pure class. and all for about £250, 000. bargain.

2 goals against Barcelona in the CL were brilliant. One over the stunned keeper and one nicked in from Zola's perfect pass after brilliant attacking. Always liked to see him play. He looked like he was on slow motion all the time but still went past players and scored stunners.

He is like the opposite of Michael Owen and that's why I love him so much. Slow with the ball, without the ball, looks really clumsy and still managed to scare the opposite defences with his personal style of play.

Owen is like from a training factory with perfect speed, running technique, physique and a poster boy with no character.

He was a great player for us, sadly (for him) he then chose to make a silly move to Scotland and then an even sillier one to a struggling Sunderland when he shouldve gone to Spain or Italy. The Barca and Betis games stand our but lest we forget, TAF was the man who scored a hat-trick a sh*te Fart Lane.

He was our record fee received for a player for a long, long time.

I have fond memories of Toré André and wish him all the best.

Stand outs for me are obviously his hatrick v Sp**s, but above all his 2 goals away at Betis. That was my first European trip with Chelsea and he ensured it was a brilliant one!

i remember that game. i was there with my dad in amogst the blackburn fans (only tickets we could get). tore scoring 2 goals in about 2 minutes was fantastic. my dad jumped up when he scored the winner and i thought we were gonna get a kicking. luckily my dads a big bloke, and we just walked off to the chelsea end to celebrate. thank god the stewards got us there. was a brilliant drive home mind.

can only think of positives when I think about Tore, away to Blackburn for example, Hodgson nearly burst that night, brilliant.

Same for me Midland, Blackburn was a great game and sticks in the memory.

His highlight for me though has to his hat-trick in the 6-1 massacre at The Lane. I couldn't get a ticket for that one and watched it via beamback in Dixons bar at the Bridge. The place was absolutely rammed and the place went mental as we rattled in goal after goal. Top day and a top player with bags of skill for a tall fella.

Others have already said it all really.

Did well for us - especially as a sub. We could really do with a sub like that now - one who can actually deliver.

I was gutted when we sold him. Thought it was a bad move but it turned out to be a really bad move for him.

He was a great player for us, sadly (for him) he then chose to make a silly move to Scotland and then an even sillier one to a struggling Sunderland when he shouldve gone to Spain or Italy. The Barca and Betis games stand our but lest we forget, TAF was the man who scored a hat-trick a sh*t Fart Lane.

He was our record fee received for a player for a long, long time.

The brilliant manager of the day was not concerned in getting the best out of the player at the time. He did what he wanted to do. Flog Flo off to Rangers. End of story.

Great player and a real gent!!

Remember how he destroyed Villa up there??

We done them 4-1 and they were near the top of the table at the time.

And I remember completely losing the plot when he scored in the famous 3-1 against Barca at the Bridge........what a night!!

And the way he changed Ranieri's first game at old traff*rd,coming on and pulling us back to 3-3!

We won 6-1 at the l*ne!!!

The day after Flo signed for Rangers I met him in Glasgow airport in the BA lounge. He was flying down to London to meet up wth his family and they were then going off for a summer holiday. Now I am one of those people who tends to just leave celebrities alone if I ever see them in public (granted it isn't that often up my way!!) however he was sitting right across the table from me and it would have been ridiculous not to take the chance.

Anyway I made some hideously cheesy introduction about being a massive Chelsea fan and being gutted to see him leave and wishing him all the best at Rangers and he was really responsive and chatted happily to me. Made it very clear that he really didn;t want to leave Chelsea and that he felt pressurised into going to Rangers. Possibly explains why he never really performed at Ibrox.

Top fella.

One of my favourite era's of Chelsea Football, since I have followed them, was when he was in the team. was gutted that he didn't do anything up at the Ger's, but that was down to them thinking "a tall bloke, lets boot the ball up high for him!" when he was great with the ball at those feet at the end of his gangly feet!

bloke was a legend, and I wish him a happy retirement

Scott