• SWP
    • J.Cole
    • Malouda
    • Kalou
    • Pizzaro
    • Anelka
    • Sheva
    • Drogba

it's difficult- no one has been like drogba last season or adebayor, torres or ronaldo this season- many have been good and a few poor but no one outstanding really.

my vote should have gone to riccy- played with so many different combinations and often as the man leading the defence, yet has been very very good once again. also, he has conducted himself very professionally IMO, it's fair to say he had a very close relationship with jose, but he's not let that affect him.

however, hastily I voted for ballack. because he has shown what a quality player he is this season- after his injury I feared that he would come back looking very sluggish... but fortunately he just stepped up and drove the side forward playing some lovely stuff at a period where it looked like we could be in big trouble.

makes you wonder how things would've been had he been fit at the start of the season...

Joe for me, and to whoever voted for Sheva your not even funny.

A vote for Malouda however would have been truly hilarious :-)

I think I'll wait for the last possible moment to decide. Perhaps things will improve.

WOuld have gone Cav, but after last night I can't bring myself to support the defence.

Lampard gets my vote - his goals have kept us in amongst it with strikers all off form. I would say that Lamps and Ballack have been equally effective in link-up play and general box to box work, so Lamps goals give him the prize.

Joe Cole has been average at best for good parts of this season, especially at the beginning and Grant's early reign. He has been our best player for a couple of months now maybe, but certainly not our whole season.

Have gone for Alex.

Haven't been many stand out candidates this season. The likes of Lamps, JT, Drogs, Essien and Cech have all been missing or out of form for a lot of the season, even Joey's been up and down, so I went for Alex.

Maka is difficult to vote for now because he hasn't played that much especially earlier in the season, and because he's been no more than his usual self. However his 'usual self' is a few levels above anyone else's.

Still I think of Alex, Ballack, Joey as the ones that stand out in recent memory. Alex has stepped up after 5 or 6 iffy games, and Ballack after injury. I voted Ballack.

Alex performed more that admirably when he was used, but the fact that he isn't getting used all the time makes it hard for me to say that he should be our player of teh season so far!

Ballack has performed very well, but I have to go for either Maka or Joe. Both have done very well in their respective roles all season

Scott

It's a really tough choice because while a number of players have been very good, nobodys really been cosistantly very good and ever present. Drogba, Alex, Carvalho and Makelele are in my mind the strongest with perhaps Drogba getting based on his early season form.

Going on the results so far (bar the sheva vote), it comes down to these....

Alex

Carvalho

Maka

Lampard

Ballack

J.Cole

Shouldnt Avram fit the team around these players for every remaining game of the season ?

If so that means no JT. icon_eek.gif e2a: Unless Alex goes to right back ? Dont shoot me ball.gif