More Specials!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/200803 ... ials.shtml

woohoo.gif32.gifa060.gifbananapowerslide.gifrainbowdance.gifwoot2.gifyay.gifpenqUIn.gif431.gif

As you might guess, I'm pretty excited about the news. There's even rumours about them recording new material. I'm excited, but I also fear that they will only tour in the UK. Hopefully they will come to Finland. I'm convinced they can still put on a party on stage! Hopefully it's a full reunion with Jerry joining the group as well.

p.s. Speaking of the Specials I now have my 4 year old son singing along to 'Rudi, A Message to You' in the car. It is currently his second favourite song after 'Baggy Trousers' which he also sing along to.

Say what you want about me but never say I am not a great father icon_lol.gif

Did you see them last year on stage with Lilly?

I got mini Mod singing 'Super Frank', you have to educate these children at early age eh Loz.

oh yea, and 'Baggy Trousers' is another fave.

'Baggy Trousers' is a gimme for a kid that age isn't it. It is fast paced, energetic and mentions trousers - what more does a young kid need!

Even Miss Mini Loz who is only 20 months old responds to it in the car by making noises that sound like the 'duh duh duh' bit at the end of the song and shaking her head from side to side throughout the song. This purely because Mini Loz has forced her to listen to it so many times.

Didn't see them on stage with Lily Allen though.

Fingers crossed for this. Never thought Jerry Dammers would be up for it myself, but you never know. I like Halls 'dignity' quote.

My house in Leamington Spa is no more than 200 yards from the studios where Ghost Town was recorded (something i always let new visitors know!)

I like Halls 'dignity' quote.

Let's just hope his definition of the word 'dignity' isn't the same as Carragher's... 431.gif

Just saw that Mojo magazine's got The Specials on their cover and there's a best of The Specials CD and DVD being released. I don't know if you can buy the DVD separately, but if not, then I guess I'll just have to buy the whole package, even if I already own all the songs on the complilation CD on other albums. Now if they would just release Dance Craze on DVD. 128.gif

I visited the forum on the official The Specials site and in there someone claimed that Jerry's been involved in the first rehearsals for the reunion, so it sounds promising. Rico is supposed to be involved too, but apparently Dick's health will not allow him to take part.

i saw the specials at trentham gardens in 1980

apart from the jam and stiff little fingers they are the best band i have ever seen live

btw terry hall is a man u fan

Amen to that happy0034.gif