Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1st Leg Anfield)

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Tuesday 22nd April 19:45

With the away leg first, it's our opportunity to go to Anfield and throw the kitchen sink at the scousers & end the tie and their season without further ado . So we need to score away goals, for me at least 2 goals are needed.

If we can score 2 goals at Anfield we will be virtually in the final.

------------Cech------------

Essien--Carvalho--Terry--Cole

------Ballack----Lampard-----

J.Cole--<--Switching-->--Kalou

-------Drogba----Anelka-------

I agree with the sentiment Coco but I'd go about it slightly differently.

-------------------Cech

-----------Carvalho------JT----

Belletti---------------------------Bridge

-----------------Mikel

------Ballack-------------Lampard

----------------Cole

--------Anelka

----------------------Drogba

On the bench I'd have:

Carlo/Hilario, Cole A, Ferreira, Alex, Maka, Kalou, Sheva

Which would give us plenty of scope to change things if needed.

The main thing is that both the full backs need to really press forward to give us width.

With the away leg first, it's our opportunity to go to Anfield and throw the kitchen sink at the scousers & end the tie and their season without further ado . So we need to score away goals, for me at least 2 goals are needed.

it would be madness if we don't have a holding-midfielder

it would be madness if we don't have a holding-midfielder

No Essien!

he is suspended for the game icon_sad.gif

Cech if fit

Paulo - Carv - JT - Ash/Bridge

Ballack - Maka - Lamps

Cole - Drogba/Anelka - Kalou

No mucking around at right back if Essien was fit i wouldn't have him there because the times he has been there he's been sh*te. Id prefer Bridge at left back but i doubt well see him again all season and unfortunately i think he's off in the summer.

I think that's the obvious midfield with the formation were playing and the players available

Up front if it were up to me i would start with Anelka, Drogba on his day is unstoppable but we never know what mood he's going to be in

Avram please start Drogba and anelka up front in 4-4-2!!! FFS!!! This has looked stunning for us when we've tried it... No doubt whatsoever we could get 2 away goalss if we played this formation, anelka is absolutely brilliant at creating space for drogba... For some reason I doubt he will start it though.

I agree with the sentiment Coco but I'd go about it slightly differently.

-------------------Cech

-----------Carvalho------JT----

Belletti---------------------------Bridge

-----------------Mikel

------Ballack-------------Lampard

----------------Cole

--------Anelka

----------------------Drogba

On the bench I'd have:

Carlo/Hilario, Cole A, Ferreira, Alex, Maka, Kalou, Sheva

Which would give us plenty of scope to change things if needed.

The main thing is that both the full backs need to really press forward to give us width.

That's the one.

But anyone who thinks Grant is going to start with Anelka and Drogba together up front is living in cloud cuckoo land.

What I'd like to see...

-----------Cech

Belletti-Terry-Carvalho-A.Cole

SWP-Ballack-Lampard-J.Cole

---Anelka-Shevchenko

What I will see...

----------Cech (or maybe Hilario?)

Paolo-Terry-Carvalho-A.Cole

--------Makalele

-----Ballack-Lampard

J.Cole----------------Kalou

---------Drogba

With Essien out for the first leg, i'd go with Just's selection of Mikel , only hope he dosent do anything stupid . Bridge ar left back everytime for me, uses the ball better , Paulo at right full , then its the usual suspects but Anelka and Drogs must start together , Drogs and Anelka will be a handful for the Scum because it will reduce their options of getting players forward quickly and use up their attacking options. Drogba is the best at holding the ball up and can feed Anelka . Avram will of course look at it in a completely different way .

Now that Essien is away I'm really not that sure if we are strong enough to hold that dutch winger who is in great form. Essien is surely needed in this game. And what a way to take that yellow actions1.gif .

I think we should try two strikers in Wigan game and see if it is working.

I'm surprised to see so much support here for Belletti. Ok, he has his moments going forward, but all too often he's a defensive liability. And I can't see him doing any better in what is likely to be another tight, defensive affair .. and then I saw this

What I'd like to see...

-----------Cech

---Anelka-Shevchenko

SWP? With the form he's been in lately? ... er ok. And as for Sheva. No comment.

and then I saw this
What I'd like to see...

-----------Cech

---Anelka-Shevchenko

SWP? With the form he's been in lately? ... er ok. And as for Sheva. No comment.

Yes, I have a different view of what the team should look like.

But can anyone blame me? Any of you been happy with the way Chelsea has been playing? The only way you can change that is by actual change, so why not start there? I'd rather risk to see if things can go better than just wait for another dissapointment.

Formation 4-4-2 has never been given a chance. Sheva scores everytime he plays for his country but cannot score for us?

i thing it is better 4-2-2-2

cech

carhvallo - terry - alex - a.cole

------maka - mikel---------

ballack--------lampard-

drogba ---------anelka

bicose liverpool are phizik team dont have dribler this formation it is good

dont need winger for this games

sub : hiliaro ; sheva ; kalou ; belleti ; ferreria; j.cole ; malouda

-------------------Hilario/Cech--------------------

Paulo--------Carvalho-----------Terry--------A.Cole

-----------------------Maka------------------------

---------------Ballack-------Lampard----------------

Joe Cole--------------Drogba--------------------Kalou

Subs:

Taylor/Hilario

Alex

Beletti

Mikel

SWP

Kalou

Anelka

That'll be the team i'm guessing.

That'll be the team i'm guessing.

Yep - would be surprised if we don't see that team.

Grant needs to think through his options on the bench though. No repeat of the shambles against Wigan where he didn't have anyone to close down the match when we went a goal up. And, as we proved against Spurs, sending Alex on as a 3rd centreback to do this isn't a great idea.

If it were up to me, I would have a bench of Hilario/Bridge/Alex/Sidwell/SWP/Sheva/Anelka. It is exactly the type of match that Mikel is not ready for yet. Sidwell isn't as talented, but is that little bit more experienced and keeps to his role a little bit better. I would send on Sidwell for one of the wingers if we need to close down the match.

If we can get a 1-0 win, I will be very confident going into the return leg at the bridge.

We've really got to go for it at Anfield and score (away) goals. Time for Grant to be brave and play either 4-4-2 or (my preference) 4-1-3-2. I'd start as follows:

PF RC JT WB

Mikel

Tank Frank JC

DD Anelka

See how that goes. Not a lot of width mid you but if Bridgey and Paulo can get forward a bit with Mikel in cover well...who knows.

I'd save Maka for manure and the 2nd leg; prefer PF over Belleti & WB over AC for this leg; keep Kalou/Sheva/Maka/Alex etc on the bench.