Haha - The S#% calls it a Bombshell !!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Blues can't play Nic in last game

NICOLAS ANELKA is banned from playing against his former club Bolton on the last day of the season.

It is a match which could decide if Chelsea win the title and whether Bolton beat the drop.

But SunSport can reveal £15million striker Anelka will not figure at Stamford Bridge.

A new rule introduced last summer states a player cannot face his former team after moving on loan and then signing permanently for that club.

Although it was never made public at the time, Anelka actually signed for Chelsea on loan on the night of Friday January 11.

That was because there was not enough time to arrange a permanent switch before the home meeting with Spurs the next day.

The deal was sealed the following week but the method of Anelka’s transfer means he can only play one more Premier League game this season — at Newcastle on Monday.

The rule which has condemned Anelka to the sidelines on May 11 is the same one which prevented Jermain Defoe playing for Portsmouth at Spurs.

Chelsea asked the Premier League board on Tuesday for special dispensation but their case was thrown out.

Source : http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1116586.ece

541.gif Bombshell!! OMG!! (look at the way it is shown on http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/)Is 1 goal in 13 games an 'Oooooooooh factor' ??!!

Sheva atleast clears the ball off the line!! happy0034.gif

as far as i'm aware there shouldnt be any deals in place to stop anelka playing if picked

unless bolton knew they would be fighting off relegation and didnt want anelka score past them and effectivley relegate them, and chelsea agreed this in the terms of the deal

in all fairness not having anelka for this game is no huge loss

Anelka brings a lot more to the team than just goals(which he hasn't scored many just yet), but it's not a huge loss if he's not allowed to play against Bolton. Unless Drogba, Sheva and Pizarro all are injured. Then again, I reckon we might do ok against Bolton with Di Santo as our striker, to be honest.

Anelka brings a lot more to the team than just goals(which he hasn't scored many just yet), but it's not a huge loss if he's not allowed to play against Bolton. Unless Drogba, Sheva and Pizarro all are injured. Then again, I reckon we might do ok against Bolton with Di Santo as our striker, to be honest.

With his 8 goals in 9 games I'd happily settle for the Di Santo kid. The Di Santo kid, great name for a western movie isn't it?

Just replace lassos with bolas and have Piazzolla compose the music to it. I'd go see that! happy0034.gif

Replace the lassos with Ballack? And have Pizarro compose the music? Not sure I'd want to see it.

i so badly wanna see 4/4/2 next season.

imagine:

-----------cech-----------

belletti----carvalho---JT----Cole

SWP----essien--lamps---Joe

-------Pizarro--

----------------Anelka-------

strong pizarro feeding quick anelka with joe and SWP cutting in and essien and lamps driving shots from outside the box..

ahhh how nice would that be...

i so badly wanna see 4/4/2 next season.

imagine:

-----------cech-----------

belletti----carvalho---JT----Cole

SWP----essien--lamps---Joe

-------Pizarro--

----------------Anelka-------

strong pizarro feeding quick anelka with joe and SWP cutting in and essien and lamps driving shots from outside the box..

ahhh how nice would that be...

I would hate to see that as our first 11.

Pizarro wont be here next season, so lets clear that one up straight away.

But he's got to write the music!

Can't he do that before he leaves in the summer. It's not like he's doing anything important before that, is he? 300.gif

I am with G4 on this one. If we are reportedly getting 00 million this summer, and we line up next season with Sweepy and Pizzarro on the pitch as our first 1, then I will wonder what the hell we did over the summer?

Anelka, for me, is agreat at holding the ball up, with his back to goal and then feeds the attacking players (essien, lampard, whomever) in as they break to the box.

I am not sure, however, if we do go for a 4-4-2, either flat or diamond, that Anelka would be a first pick if we are targetting other strikers in the summer to make up for the departure of Drogs, adn Pizzarro

Apparently Nelks can't play against Bolton cos he was originally signed on Loan ,cos of late paperwork,he signed permanent at a later date..

From the sun

A new rule introduced last summer states a player cannot face his former team after moving on loan and then signing permanently for that club.

Although it was never made public at the time, Anelka actually signed for Chelsea on loan on the night of Friday January 11.

That was because there was not enough time to arrange a permanent switch before the home meeting with Spurs the next day.

The deal was sealed the following week but the method of Anelka’s transfer means he can only play one more Premier League game this season — at Newcastle on Monday.

Wow! I wrote something completely different, didnt I?

Apparently Nelks can't play against Bolton cos he was originally signed on Loan ,cos of late paperwork,he signed permanent at a later date..

From the sun

Wow! I wrote something completely different, didnt I?

I must of been asleep. smack_head.gif