Who Exactly is going to Moscow - A few thoughts

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

After speaking to loads of those around me in block 8 after the semi - not one STH is going near me

Including an old guy who is on the away scheme and has been to 90% of all euro games in the last 4 years

Then I asked my father in law who has been to most of them and until this season has a uk away ticket aswell

Hes not going

Nor am I

My Hubby is - can only slightly afford for one to go and he is giving up his/our May Family holiday to stay and work ( Much to the anoyance of my mother)

My dad who is 70 two days before has decided to take my mum away instead than pay £1k for a trip he will be too tired to actually watch the game

Those who have actually said they are going hardly go to SB anymore maybe once or twice a year

Therefore it is becoming for those who unlike us don't have to fork out upwards of £650 for next years ticket or haven't got over 100 loyalty points this year

I suppose the club will say that most ST holders will buy tickets - yes to sell them to pay for next season

Once again the loyal miss out and the unloyal reap the rewards - well done UEFA

I suppose there are plenty of flights to Moscow from Korea & China!!! - probably cheaper than the £700 everyone else is being quoted for them

Managed to find some return flights for less than £200 via Air Italia. Only problem is you need to stay in MOscow for around 4 or 5 days and the hotels are now all fully booked on 20th and 21st.

On another thread these alternative routes were talked about and going to Moscow via Finland was mentioned, and as I'm from Finland I know a bit about getting to London and to Moscow from Finland, so I posted a bit about that. No one's commented on my suggestion so far, so I'll post about it again in case people have missed it.

I just had a quick look at the ticket prices and if you can take the time off from work, I think it's well worth having a look at. You'd have to find a place to stay for one night and according to my calculations, you could get from Stansted to Moscow via Finland and back to London for as cheap as 250£, maybe even slightly less. You'd leave England on the 20th and fly to Finland, Spend the night on the train(the train leaves fairly late in the evening and has sleeping carriages) and arrive in Moscow in the morning of 21st. On 22nd you could take the train back to Finland(another night train) and be back in England on 23rd.

I just don't understand why this visa issue is only being resolved 16 days before the final - irrespective of which clubs got to the final this was going to be an issue so why the hell were UEFA not all over it months ago?

I just don't understand why this visa issue is only being resolved 16 days before the final - irrespective of which clubs got to the final this was going to be an issue so why the hell were UEFA not all over it months ago?

Its obvious Loz, UEFA were expecting a CSKA Moscow Vs Spartak Moscow final. icon_eek.gif

I was not going to post anything on this because there were so many not going.

However I agree with Pudge, most I know in the MHU are not going either, so tickets should not be a problem for ST holders I think. Travel still the only issue :-(

I bit the bullet, stuck on the credit card and booked one of those Thomas Cook Packages..

My experience so far

1. Advertised as costs 745 quid all in... actually ended up paying around 898 !

2. Still not sure if I have a match ticket. It says today is the day they will release but as the package comes with a ticket I am not sure how I will receive confirmation (and of course phone lines are impossible !!)

3. minor inconvience really but have not got any idea what time I am flying or returning it is TBC apparently

4. Cannot apply for Visa until all this is sorted out. Then I am still confuse dabout how I go about getting one..

Oh well I might make it !

4. Cannot apply for Visa until all this is sorted out. Then I am still confuse dabout how I go about getting one..

How long will you be staying in Moscow? You don't need a visa if your stay in Russia isn't longer than than 72 hours. All you need is the match ticket and a valid passport.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 384367.stm

its just to dear just because we have a rich owner that don't mean the fans a rich

I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but I reckon it's not a cheap trip for the Zenit St. Petersburg fans who travel to Manchester for the UEFA Cup final either. 317.gif

I was not going to post anything on this because there were so many not going.

However I agree with Pudge, most I know in the MHU are not going either, so tickets should not be a problem for ST holders I think. Travel still the only issue :-(

I bit the bullet, stuck on the credit card and booked one of those Thomas Cook Packages..

My experience so far

1. Advertised as costs 745 quid all in... actually ended up paying around 898 !

2. Still not sure if I have a match ticket. It says today is the day they will release but as the package comes with a ticket I am not sure how I will receive confirmation (and of course phone lines are impossible !!)

3. minor inconvience really but have not got any idea what time I am flying or returning it is TBC apparently

Oh well I might make it !

I'm the same, keep checking my emails begging for confirmation to come through!

If you book tickets from the box office they want proof of flight details, passport no's, accommodation before you can collect them.

Just spent most of the afternoon over there................came away without tickets actions1.gifactions1.gif

So I've gotta go back actions1.gifactions1.gif

the words piss up and brewery spring to mind

Got mine yesterday, filled in my declaration form with, flight numbers, accomodation numbers and passport details, then last night found out that the hotel is now fully booked, so basically we have no where to kip on the 21st.

(for those of you thinking of booking still, be aware they are striping us right up withe the hotels).

Bluenut

what sort of proof would they have of you were driving there!!!

Surely they aren't gonna ring every airline and check and anyway that's giving out private information which I don't think any airline/co can do its data protection

I understand if you are staying there they may need it for the consulate

What did they turn you away for?

Its just one of us are going down poss on Friday to collect the lucky ones their tickets and don't want to get caught out

Thanks

Sarah

Very sad that so many regulars can't afford it. I can't get time off work but even if I could I would struggle to afford it. As I've said before, the 21st May is my 20th wedding anniversary and I can't even afford to take my wife away for a night at the moment, so I'd be pushed to come up with £1k + for Moscow!

If I could I'd love to do one of the 'roundabout' routes being suggested, via Italy, Prague, Finland, Estonia etc.

All the best to those of you who do make it. We need your presence!!

I feel very fortunate to have received confirmation today, that I have been allocated a match ticket by the Club and therefore a flight ticket from Thomas Cook. Still not quite sure of the VISA fiasco, but mates tell me this will no longer be a problem.

So come on Chaps, who am I going to meet in Red Square?????

I think those who have applied for tickets will have nothing to worry about - the way its looking i dont think we will be selling our 21k icon_sad.gif

I think those who have applied for tickets will have nothing to worry about - the way its looking i dont think we will be selling our 21k icon_sad.gif

A very real possiblity by the look of things. Already the official site is saying members with a paltry 32 loyalty points can buy tickets!!!!!! Maybe if the stadium is half empty it will make UEFA think.

I am a member of the European away club, I buy tickets for every euro away game and I have got a ticket for the final. However, (and I can't believe I'm saying this for the Champion's League final), I may not go. I refuse to pay more than £400 all in for a day trip.

I am gambling on travel costs falling over the next week or so, or on finding a much cheaper route via another country.

Bluenut

what sort of proof would they have of you were driving there!!!

Surely they aren't gonna ring every airline and check and anyway that's giving out private information which I don't think any airline/co can do its data protection

I understand if you are staying there they may need it for the consulate

What did they turn you away for?

Its just one of us are going down poss on Friday to collect the lucky ones their tickets and don't want to get caught out

Thanks

Sarah

There was a fella asking what if he was driving, they said he'd need to fill out all relevant details for a ferry and what countries he was planning on traveling via!!!! How ridiculous!

I'm annoyed because it didn't have any of this info when ordering the tickets. Put it on the website and people will bring it along! If you go over there expecting to collect tickets, make sure you take, your passport No, flight details, the card you paid with, photo ID, a DNA sample, your finger prints and a retina scan before collecting them.

A very real possiblity by the look of things. Already the official site is saying members with a paltry 32 loyalty points can buy tickets!!!!!! Maybe if the stadium is half empty it will make UEFA think.

I am a member of the European away club, I buy tickets for every euro away game and I have got a ticket for the final. However, (and I can't believe I'm saying this for the Champion's League final), I may not go. I refuse to pay more than £400 all in for a day trip.

I am gambling on travel costs falling over the next week or so, or on finding a much cheaper route via another country.

Just if you do please let me know.

This'll be on the official website by next Monday:

Any one who walks within a 200 yard radius of the box office who has recently remotgaged their house, pawned all their belongings and has a valid passport are now qualified to buy as many Champoins League final tickets as they would like . There are still around 19,500 available icon_rolleyes.gif

Just seen this on the Official Site, looks like the tickets aren't selling too well:

In a change to previous ticket news, seats for the Champions League final in Moscow will go on sale today at 12 noon to all members and season ticket holders, one ticket per person.

Tickets are available via online booking and the box office. No telesales.

Visit Ticket News for online booking.

Season ticket holders are reminded that the deadline for renewals for the 08/09 season is May 15. Applications can be made online or by completing an application form and returning it to the box office.

Hardly surprising really given the cost. But as someone said on here yesterday, we's get slated for having crap fans instead of focusing on the cost of going.

I am on a day trip Mick, Moscow is a legistical nightmare so no time for sight seeing at all !

Alan - Have Thomas Cook confirmed the ticket yet ? I have still not heard anything 317.gif Starting to worry icon_sad.gif