F**ked at Gatwick

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I never made it to Moscow,didn't even leave the airport,

We were on the 5.55am Sport options one day trip from Gatwick (bjd I'm glad you didn't get f**ked as well mate).

We were told at 6am yesterday morning that our plane had a fault and it was to be repaired.

Two hours later.........nothing.

An hour later they found another problem with the plane.....

....and 200 dispairing Chelsea supporters waited at departure gate 91 for more information.

Our mood was turning nasty,we wern't being updated with any news but still we held on to the dream of seeing OUR club play in its first European cup final.

But the fat Sport Options weasel who was running this sham was worried,it was written all over his face.

Then an some news came over thye PA system .....

"Would all Chelsea supporters travelling on the delayed 5.55 flight to Moscow,please make their way to gate 91"

A queue was formed at the desk of Departure gate 91 and 40-50 supporters were put onto an airport transfer bus........

.... they were loading us on to the plane!!!!

An almighty cheer went up....We chanted 'Were going to Moscow'

10 mins later the bus was turned around and it was back at our gate.....

.....WE WERE GOING NOWHERE.

The Police turned up,and at that moment deep down we all knew the outcome.

They were preparing themselves for trouble and they got it!

At 12:40 they made the announcement........WE WERE ON THE FLOOR,DISTRUAGHT.

It all kicked off and went mad.

All my life following Chelsea.....

.... I have never felt as low as I did at Gate 91 Gatwick airport.

We walked away with tears in our eyes.

We patched ourselves up and joined the rest of of our mates and family at Rileys on the Kings Rd.

Well done to the team for reaching the final!

You gave us something to be proud of!!

Always proud to be Chelsea!!

CHELSEA TILL I DIE!!

rob, what can i say ?

when i landed at around 1.30 at gatwick some worker saw my colours and started talking to me and said they had just had to cancel a flight. i asked which one and he replied and my heart sank.

im so sorry mate.

utter w**kers

I don't know how it works in England but surely the company that were in charge of the flight arrangements should face a lawsuit from the hundreds of fans who lost money spent on tickets,hotel bookings, to say nothing of missing one of the most important matches in the club history.

I feel for you man, what a disappointment it must have been.

I don't know how it works in England but surely the company that were in charge of the flight arrangements should face a lawsuit from the hundreds of fans who lost money spent on tickets,hotel bookings

Unfortunatley it doesnt work like that for some reason. More likely to get a full refund on the flight ticket and a sorry, thats about the most you can expect.

Never saw the plane,some of us doubt it was even at Gatwick.

It was with Sport Options.

We will get a refund and hopefully a bit of compo.

I know this company is quite popular with many Chelsea supporters who go on the one day/two day trips when we play in europe,but the way it happened yesterday...

.........I couldn't care if they went under!

Been hearing stories about this mornings free-for-all in Moscow with people trying to get home,some are still in Russia waiting to catch a plane home,sounds a nightmare but at least they got to Moscow.

Rob, I'm so sorry for you, mate. That it should happen to one of the most loyal and determined Chelsea supporters and posters on this forum....

Like Mike O said: 2009 in Rome, and remember: Roma città aperta (unlike Moscow)!

what a f*cking joke.

feel horrible for you. not that it will make everything up to you, but if you wrote to the club do you think you'd get compensated?

I'm not sure.

All of us are going to push for what we deserve.

Although you cant account for everything in life,Sport Options didn't have a clue what they were doing and had no sort of back-up plan.

I'm gutted but on the bright side I have have a great season.

Doing more games home and Away than I have ever done (bout 40),and meeting lots of new friends and old foes icon_rolleyes.gif

Yesterday was a one off and I would have done anything to have been their.

If i'm honest I was more gutted when we lost to the scum at Wembley (losing to that lot is unforgivable)

I am actually very proud that we fianally got to the European Cup final.

what a f*cking joke.

feel horrible for you. not that it will make everything up to you, but if you wrote to the club do you think you'd get compensated?

I'm not sure.

All of us are going to push for what we deserve.

Although you cant account for everything in life,Sport Options didn't have a clue what they were doing and had no sort of back-up plan.

f*cking glad to hear it. fight for what you deserve!

Never saw the plane,some of us doubt it was even at Gatwick.

It was with Sport Options.

We will get a refund and hopefully a bit of compo.

I know this company is quite popular with many Chelsea supporters who go on the one day/two day trips when we play in europe,but the way it happened yesterday...

.........I couldn't care if they went under!

Been hearing stories about this mornings free-for-all in Moscow with people trying to get home,some are still in Russia waiting to catch a plane home,sounds a nightmare but at least they got to Moscow.

Really sorry to hear that mate, I was in the bar in Gatwick up onthe second floor, for a pint and loads of people waiting for your flight I think.....

I was on a Thomas Cook package and they got me there and back eventually.. very late getting there and very late back.. the buses organisation was a disaster ! we were queued outside the airport for what seemed like hours in a hot crowded buss about 3 in the morning, in the end someone forced the door open and we walked the rest of the way to the airport, then the rest of the buses did the same then the airport itself was just a rugby scrum, they thought that free boarding would work.. it was hell'ish.. but as you say lucky to get there...

I heard in the "holding pen" outside the ground that a flight from Gatwick had been cancelled and Police called.. my heart sank for those fans.

See you in Rome lads...

share you sentiments mate.. very proud of my team to be in our first European cup final and be the better team ::Scalf::

Very sorry to hear this Glory, sort of puts my delay coming back into perspective. I'd heard a few guys on my plane say that a few Gatwick flights didn't make it.

It was only one mate.

Out of all of them our flight didn't exist,what are the f**king chances of that!

The longer the day go's on the worse the reality of the whole thing is.

Getting tired of having to explain it to mates I was supposed to meet in Moscow.

Why our trip?!?

It was only one mate.

Out of all of them our flight didn't exist,what are the f**king chances of that!

The longer the day go's on the worse the reality of the whole thing is.

Getting tired of having to explain it to mates I was supposed to meet in Moscow.

Why our trip?!?

As has already been said, absolutely gutted for you. It's hard to imagine how disappointed you must have felt. I admire your stoicism though and hopefully you'll have other finals to look forward to.

http://www.compare-airport-parking.co.u ... Final.html

Over 200 Chelsea fans have been left bitterly dissapointed after a fault with their aircraft prevented them from reaching the football stadium.

The 224 passengers were left stranded at Gatwick Airport for 6 hours before they were given the news that they would not be able to fly to Moscow. There were reports of disturbances as a result of the news and 30 police officers had to be called. It has been reported however that there were no serious problems.

The reason for the flight being cancelled was due to a technical fault with the aircraft. Each fan paid £1,000 for the trip and the airline have offered to refund their money, however the fact that they have missed the final can not be compensated unfortunately. The passengers said that they were told too late about the flight being cancelled for them to make alternative arrangements.

Chat tomorrow Rob