What we should do ....

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Let's face it, the people we are dealing with who have the top players are the masters.

We are not an AC Milan, Real Madrid or Barcelona when it comes to buying players and Peter Kenyon isn't in their league when it comes to negotiating. Their top boys deal with everything, it's about time Roman stepped forward and talked head on.

We were fleeced with Shevchenko and laughed at by the italians getting Crespo and Veron for nothing.

If Sheva was worth 30 million Drogba is worth 50 million - whatever player Inter want I believe Jose has sounded them out (and it's anyone's guess but I do know Inter have contacted Chelsea.)they have to pay what we'd pay.

If Milan want to do business fine we should demand Kaka or no deal.

100 million on the table gets Messi from Barcelona yet we get Dos Santos ???????????????????

We should start bossing people about like the superpowers do, look at Real Madrid they unsettle clubs, Man Utd are running scared of losing Ronaldo.

We shoud 'kin rule the roost but Kenyon is a fairy, remember how he let Ronaldhinho out of his grasp at Man Utd.

Jose has got the club worried already and we let him go - it's madness.

We need the best manager out there but there is NO COMMUNICATION with the board and owner.

LACK OF COMMUNICATION IN BUSINESS IS A SURE SIGN OF FAILURE

KENYON HAS TO GO - PERIOD !

Let's face it, the people we are dealing with who have the top players are the masters.

We are not an AC Milan, Real Madrid or Barcelona when it comes to buying players and Peter Kenyon isn't in their league when it comes to negotiating. Their top boys deal with everything, it's about time Roman stepped forward and talked head on.

We were fleeced with Shevchenko and laughed at by the italians getting Crespo and Veron for nothing.

If Sheva was worth 30 million Drogba is worth 50 million - whatever player Inter want I believe Jose has sounded them out (and it's anyone's guess but I do know Inter have contacted Chelsea.)they have to pay what we'd pay.

100 million on the table gets Messi from Barcelona yet we get Dos Santos ???????????????????

We should start bossing people about like the superpowers do, look at Real Madrid they unsettle clubs, Man Utd are running scared of losing Ronaldo.

We shoud 'kin rule the roost but Kenyon is a fairy, remember how he let Ronaldhinho out of his grasp at Man Utd.

We need the best manager out there but there is NO COMMUNICATION with the board and owner.

correct on every point, Star

clap2.gif

It's all our own fault, we've made a rod for our own back.

As soon as a representative of Chelsea comes along the other clubs start thinking lets see how much we can get out of these mugs.

Last seasons £17m in severance pay to sacked managers goes someway to show the clubs or Romans flagrant disregard for cash or it's value in the real world - let's face it, does Roman live is a real world?

It's all our own fault, we've made a rod for our own back.

As soon as a representative of Chelsea comes along the other clubs start thinking lets see how much we can get out of these mugs.

Last seasons £17m in severance pay to sacked managers goes someway to show the clubs or Romans flagrant disregard for cash or it's value in the real world - let's face it, does Roman live is a real world?

I'm beginning to think he doesn't. He is starting to remind me of a spoilt kid who has a brand new PS3 for Christmas, then knocks it about. If the parents moan he'll say 'It's my toy, I can do what I want with it!'

I'm sorry to be harsh, and I do know what he's done for us, but it's starting to get a bit silly now. I don't know who's at fault, but someone is.

agreed clap2.gif

Star your a right flamer smile_147.gif

Nobody knows whats going on behind the scenes, even Star by the looks of it.

Ahh some sense amongst the drivel at the moment.. think we are guilty of getting up tight about the situation and letting the media wind us up..

No one has a clue, not even the normally ever reliable Star icon_wink.gif

..and for the record.. no one.. no one ! knows what Roman thinks or feels or where he is or up to.. if you do evidence please, or I suggest we move it onto the UFO thread.

tell you what, why dont we ask roman to leave. take his money, his obvious love of the club and just leave. im sure everything will be wonderful then....... OR, we could let them get on with finding a long term manager who will bring stability and success to back to chelsea instead of just rushing out and getting anyone the press have a hard on for at the minute....

Wow, some of you need to settle down a bit before you go slagging off Roman; firstly you don't know anything about what he contributes to the club, and secondly we would not be in the position we are now without him (you could argue it was a lot more fun being a fan before he took over and we had instant success, but that's another matter entirely!) - he seems like a good bloke and regardless of what some people say, he is passionate about the club and you can't fault him for that.

Star raises some very good points though, and the bit about Kenyon? Couldn't agree more, I want him out even more than I want Anelka out icon_razz.gif

Wow, some of you need to settle down a bit before you go slagging off Roman; firstly you don't know anything about what he contributes to the club

Quite - none of us know what he does or thinks, precisely because he shrouds himself in such mystery and refuses to talk. It engenders mistrust, and not just from the media. I just wish he would be a bit more convivial - at least where our fans are concerned.

But the fact remains that we are held by the short and curlies by Roman. How many games did he attend last season? He had other concerns - fair enough. What if those other concerns become paramount and he walks away? I agree, we would not be where we are now without him, but we are still at his mercy. It's a position I don't really like.

But only time will tell, I suppose. biggrin.gif

How many games did he attend last season? He had other concerns - fair enough.

something like keeping has ass safe within russian politics is a pretty important thing. in fact, pretty much the most important thing he needed to do for the next 50 years. plus his divorce was probably a bit important. so give the bloke a break. hes barely missed a match since he got here, hes allowed a bit of time off.

.....Jesus jesus whats it all about

Trying to clout these little ingrates into shape

When I was their age all the lights went out ....(there was no time)

There was no time to whine and mope about

How many games did he attend last season? He had other concerns - fair enough. What if those other concerns become paramount and he walks away? I agree, we would not be where we are now without him, but we are still at his mercy. It's a position I don't really like.

But only time will tell, I suppose. biggrin.gif

Those are valid points you make LD, but i'd imagine if Roman ever walked away we'd certainly be no worse than we were if he never came around in the first place.

Those who demand 'to get our club back' need to get real and take a good look at where Leeds is. Having Roman as an owner is no picnic , i agree, he could and should do much better in terms of communicating with the supporters but no situation is ideal and i prefer ours to most others.

I think Roman gets a bad rap. He makes a bunch of mistakes to be sure but CFC is competitive in everything other than ground size at the moment with the best in the world.

Kenyon was the Manu manger for heaven's sake. Must have something going for him.

Of course its urgent to get a manager, however as events are showing there just aren't that many around that are up to the job. Much better to get a good one than to get the wrong one and have to through all this again next season.

Must say, I don't see an obvious, person out there right now. I can't agree that Hughes was an obvious choice. Rikaard has fleas this last season, most of the Italians don't want to come. England's taken two from Spain and they haven't done so well anyway.

Certainly just picking some ex player hardly seems to be the answer.

Nobody is saying Roman does'nt have the clubs best interests at heart just that he has more money than sense.

I have said this from the off, people say he could'nt have got where he has without being good at something and i agree but it does'nt make him some kind of genius.

He has made mistakes and is continuing to make them. To me he obviously knew he had no experience in the footballing world and quite sensibly hired a chief executive to come in and help run things.

You can only praise him for poaching the chief exec from the most succesfull team in the country and one of the leading 'brands' in the world game.

I agree its Kenyon who does'nt seem to be pulling his weight. Either he is'nt doing his job, does'nt have the balls to say no to Roman or Roman just ignores him anyway.

I think to many people have Romans ear, like cooks spoiling the broth. Kenyon has the experience, he is chief exec and he should be telling Roman whats what.

It's clear to me and a few other's, from the minute Roman took over he has no idea of how to run a football club! and 4 years down the line I'm still not convinced!!

In his defence, he has no previous experience of owning a club before, but his advisors have experience of running one, but they seem just as novice becuase I think they fear telling him he's wrong or disagreeing with him. If you don't like it there's the door, seems to be the mantra for those who don't follow suit.

I'm not questioning his loyalty, the money he's pumped in, or his best intentions, but there is no excusing the fact that we've come across as a cowboy outfit for the past few years, especially at board level anyway.

Too many advisors giving all sorts of different advise is pulling the club in different directions. What direction does the club want to go? It needs stability and cannot be run on a whim of the owner, no professional club can!

new car, caviar

4 star day dream

think I'll buy me a football team

that sums it up, I always wondered whether Elton John bought Watford for similar reasons.

No "sir" Elton just wanted to get into the changing room. 247.gif