Scolari Speaks

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

he Brazilian has been linked with a move to Chelsea to succeed the sacked Avram Grant, but for the moment is focusing only on Portugal's bid to claim European glory in Austria and Switzerland.

Ahead of his side's Group A opener against Turkey on Saturday, Scolari told a packed Stade de Geneve press conference: "I'm here as the Portugal squad's coach. I am going to work hard for the Portugal squad until the end of the Euros. It might be during the first phase, the second phase or the last phase - I don't know. If it depends on me, we will still be playing on June 29.

"And I am talking on behalf of the Portuguese team. What's going to happen to me after Euro 2008 - if I am going to stay or leave - concerns (only) me and I am not going to talk about it now.

"If I decide to leave or stay, I am only going to make a public declaration at the end of Euro 2008. If something else happens during the Euros, I am not going to answer although things may go this way or that way but I am here to work for the Euros.

"I started working for Portugal in 2004, then I signed up for 2006... I might sign again, I might leave the squad, I don't know."

Scolari added that he would sit down with his family to consider his options before revealing his plans.

"It's a situation I am going to examine closely but regardless of what happens, I am not going to talk about it now," he said.

Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo is another whose future has been the subject of much speculation of late with talk of a summer switch to Real Madrid, but Scolari said he too would not make any announcement during the European Championships.

"Cristiano's going to say the same thing tomorrow," the coach added.

"I'm saying it today and he's going to be saying it tomorrow.

"Euro Euro Euro - my life revolves around the Euros and what's going to happen with my life after that regards me only.

"I am going to decide it with members of my family, examine the possibilities and then I will decide."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 76,00.html

--

317.gif

yip, certainly sounds as if he has something else on the backburner, but has said he'll not say anything official until after the Euros. I think as soon as the Euros end, we will see a whirlwind of activity at the Bridge

I hope we do, but we'll have to be patient, reports are saying Rikjaard and Mancini will speak to Chelsea next week, mainly because all eyes will be on the Euro's.

But,hopefully Big Phil will be seen to when Portugal are out...we did ok with the last Portugese gaffer ChElSea2.gif

...we did ok with the last Portugese gaffer ChElSea2.gif

Scolari is Portuguese? 300.gif

Besides, if it's true that the club will announce the new manager soon, I would expect "soon" to be a little earlier than when Portugal have been knocked out. Besides, should we be after one of the managers who are at Euro 2008, I'd prefer it to be Hiddink.

I know...that's why I don't see the connection with Jose and Scolari. 431.gif

I'll try to explain for you.

Jose is Portuguese and was our gaffer therefore making him an official Portuguese gaffer by birth.

Big Phil is Brazilian but is gaffer of Portugal making him an official Portuguese gaffer by employment.

That makes them both Portuguese gaffers even though they're not both Portuguese happy0034.gif

Now where did I leave my Magners?

I know...that's why I don't see the connection with Jose and Scolari. 431.gif

I'll try to explain for you.

Jose is Portuguese and was our gaffer therefore making him an official Portuguese gaffer by birth.

Big Phil is Brazilian but is gaffer of Portugal making him an official Portuguese gaffer by employment.

That makes them both Portuguese gaffers even though they're not both Portuguese happy0034.gif

Now where did I leave my Magners?

Ok, so we can say Capello and Steve Bruce have a connection: they're both English gaffers. icon_lol.gif