Deco Signs

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Your guess is as good as mine. From Sky's web site:

Lampard coy on Inter linksl

Frank Lampard has refused to quash rumours linking him with a summer move to Internazionale.

The Chelsea midfielder is yet to agree a new contract at Stamford Bridge and, with only one year remaining on his current deal, the Blues may decide to cash in while they still can.

New Inter boss and former Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho is known to be an admirer of the England international and would welcome the opportunity to reacquaint himself with Lampard should the opportunity arise.

The 30-year-old is currently on holiday in Italy and, despite denying that he is there to discuss a possible transfer, he did little to stop speculation mounting over the possibility he may be heading back on a permanent basis.

Future

"Inter? Let's wait and see," he said when questioned about a proposed move.

"For the moment I am here on holiday with my family, my future at Chelsea? I don't know anything yet.

"Italy is a beautiful country but I am not due to meet anyone here."

Resolving the issues surrounding Lampard's future will be one of the first tasks awaiting Luiz Felipe Scolari when he takes the reins at Chelsea on Tuesday.

I'm pleased at the news.

Top draw player,loads of experience at the highest level, won two La Liga titles and two CL trophies. Very creative, great passer of the ball and can finish the attack,too. Age is the only downside but for the next two-three years he'll do just fine.

Just hope we don't overpay for him, like we so often do.

To go back to the first post in this thread .. it looks fairly definite that Deco will be a Chelsea player by this time tomorrow.

So does that mean Frank is on his way to Inter? And if not, can they play together?

Bit underwealmed by deco to be honest.

While ive always been a fan of his talent when staying on his feet if we where going to be picking up any of the barca lot that are on there way out it would have been dinio for me.

Just annoys me a little when you look accross at Gooners and they keep churning out thease young players, and believe it or not sooner or later wenger will prduce another very good team

United seem to pick up fresh talent, even spuds have had a couple of very exciting buys this season and it pains me to say it they have a lot to look forward to next season

Bit underwealmed by deco to be honest.

But the transfer window hasn't even officially opened yet .. if Deco is to be our only signing then I'll fully agree with you. However, I'll be amazed if this isn't the first of several new signings between now and the start of the season. Best to reserve judgement until we see who else is coming and going, perhaps.

Sh*te. Well, im sure he still has alot to offer as people here have said, but I have to think this is the end of Frank Lampard's Chelsea career.

Even if he isnt done and dusted at Inter, surely he cant help but feel like surplus parts with a signing like that. If this is the end for him its a sad day, but in terms of skill, at the same age, Deco brings more talent to the team than does Frank.

I just hope this doesnt mean the end of chasing Van der Vaart :D

Deco has signed on a 2 year deal. Fee around £8 mill

Big pic of him shaking hands with Red Kenyon on the Club site.

Clearly Big Felipe (he hates being called Phil) is adopting a f**k off if you are not committed attitude to players like Lamps. He is bringing in players that he knows well and trusts.

looks like the price was £8 mill. thats pretty acceptable. scolari was always gonna bring at least one player from the portugese team, and its no surprise its his on field general.

Relatively happy with this signing. It is another 30+ year old in the squad but he's a good player and if he keeps up the level of performance that he showed in the Euro's then I'll be happy.

The fee also seems reasonable as well.

brilliant, we've been crying out for years for a number 10 that can link midfield and attack, and deco is one of the very best. I think he will surprise a lot of people particularly with his workrate.

sadly, I think that it is it for lamps however... or the other way around- we privately knew he was going perhaps...

but, deco, essien and ballack is a midfield with everything, I'm very excited. it's nice to see us finally sign a genuinely world class creative player.

brilliant, we've been crying out for years for a number 10 that can link midfield and attack, and deco is one of the very best. I think he will surprise a lot of people particularly with his workrate.

sadly, I think that it is it for lamps however... or the other way around- we privately knew he was going perhaps...

but, deco, essien and ballack is a midfield with everything, I'm very excited. it's nice to see us finally sign a genuinely world class creative player.

other than his age, hes exactly the kind of player we have been needing. we have lacked creativity over the last 3 seasons and deco will certainly bring that. some of his passing during the euros was magnificent.

couple of other points, I like the sound of a £8m fee, and giving him only two years initially is a good move. also the transfer went through like bosingwa's- pretty quickly and quietly. are these signs that the people that actually do the transfers are learning?

Do people believe that this effectively ends our push for van der Vaart, or could he still be brought in to work off the bench or as an understudy for Deco's role?

I know van der Vaart is a much more versatile player as far as attacking roles go, but it seems that the two at Chelsea would be relegated to very similar positions on the field

about 4 years too late, but still, not bad.

my only concern is this: if Deco's arrival means Lampard's departure, where will the goals come from? Deco is a playmaker and a set up man, but 2 league goals in the last 2 seasons (combined!) at Barca is worrisome. Even when Lamps had disappointing seasons, he was giving us 10-15 league goals.

obviously, the answer is that others will need to step up.