Scolari Sets Sights On Quadruple

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

According to the BBC

Luiz Felipe Scolari believes Chelsea can win the quadruple in his first season as manager at Stamford Bridge.

Compare that to what Scolari actually said:

We have four competitions this season and I'll try to win all four

Not quite the same, is it. But not to worry. What do you think? Can we win the lot? Will we win the lot? And if not, how many trophies do you think we'll have at the end of the season? Or maybe you think this will be another trophy-less season.

According to the BBC

Compare that to what Scolari actually said:

Not quite the same, is it. But not to worry. What do you think? Can we win the lot? Will we win the lot? And if not, how many trophies do you think we'll have at the end of the season? Or maybe you think this will be another trophy-less season.

I'd take one, I think it'll be a domestic trophy - I don't think we'll win the legue in his first season, but would obviously love it if we did. It all depends who we meet on the way really, I doubt Filipe would suffer the performances that cost us last year with the final v Spurs and the display and side we put out against Barnsley, the league will be a 2 horse race between us and the Manc's again

We do have the players to compete on all fronts, but you need a fair bit of luck in cup competitions, so I don't think four trophies is in any way a realistic target. It's been a while since Scolari has been in club football and has never managed a European club, so I'm not too positive about our chances in the domestic league. Hopefully he will surprise me, though.

typical mis-quoting by the press

we will cetainly push on all four fronts without a doubt

to win all four is a massive task for any club

even with the quality in our squad, you cannot allow for where in the season we are going to lose key players to injuries suspensions etc

i'll commit and say 3 at most, premier league, champions league, and probably the league cup (wonder what odds i could get if i was a betting man and had a spare tenner??)

i just dont want it to turn out like last season, where we lose out at the last hurdle, hopefully those experiences will spur players on, to greater things

Im going to say 1 the FA or the League cup. I just think Scolari has a bit to learn before we can be pushing for the champions league. But you never know, like bluenut said it's going to be us and manu and if they collapse and we stay consistent we can take the league too.

Edited by blueday3