Super Franky Lampard.

c3blu
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just thought i'd mention it (again) but how good has Lampard been again this season. All the off field shennanigans have past and Frank has continued in the same old mode. I was very sceptical when Claudio spent at the time an awful lot of money on a young Lampard and heard the crows from West Ham fans about how we'd paid for their ground in return for a lemon.

Frank came in and in those early days,outside the 'comfort zone' of West Ham(father/uncle etc) and into a whole new world at Chelsea in terms of squad quality, expectancee and the pressure of a big money transfer he struggled.

Played out of position more often than not, and as i say struggling to adapt/settle into his new surroundings who'd have thought back then he'd go on to become the outstanding player he is today.

The first time i remember seeing young Frank for the player he is was in fact during a defeat. It was against the gunners in the FA Cup final in Cardiff when playing centre midfield i thought he bossed supposedly at the time the best midfielder in the world Arsenal's Veira. Since that day Frank has gone on to become a midfield player so valuable it has seen him become one of the most sort after players of his generation. Frank has 5 goals already this season from midfield, a total that Gerrard for one would consider a good return on the season.

Midfielders who score 20 a season are few and far between. I remember Scholes doing it once and him being hailed as some kind of phenomenom. Lampard does it regularly. Its outstanding, but its not only goals that he contributes but assists,defending ,his work rate is second to none and he is getting better too.

He is maturing into the type of player who could not only come second to world player of the year but win it.

It staggers me that Lampard bashing as become some kind of sideline for fans accross the country. Probably founded by the morons at Uptton Park to proud to admitt that nepotism had nothing to do with Frank jnrs rise to fame. He has blossomed into the sort of player who would walk into any team. Hence some of the best managers in the world in charge of the best teams in the world wanting his services. Name another England player you could say that about?

In American sports, reputation counts for alot, but being the statt mad country they are it also counts for very little. MVP is the equivilant of player of the year but its statiscally more reliable in terms of determining who has in fact been the best player. No sentiment involved,no personal opinions or voting required just a crunching of the data.

Frank Lampard is, and has been for many years now the Prems MVP.

Noticed he's back to thumping the crest on his shirt again after stopping for a few seasons...

Not really, he did it last season and before that. Maybe not as frequently though.

Lampard is a fantastic player, maybe after the contract he feels wanted again... I know, I know "if I were on £90,000 (his previous contract's worth I believe) a week I'd feel pretty darn wanted" - but after Ballack and Sheva came in and got £40,000, it must have been a bit of a blow.

Great form Frankie, maybe stepped up again this season, but has never been as average as some like to believe.

I agree with Gem that his form over the last two years has been nowhere near as bad a some might have you believe, but there is no doubt that the uncertainty and indecision about his future did have an effect on his game. Now that this has been resolved we are seeing him play as well as he ever has done in a Chelsea shirt.

His partnership with Deco already looks very promising and can only get better as they play together more. So far, he looks to be our signing of the summer.

Oh its better than ever Tim.

In fact, we play this silly little game, its called "you never acknowledge me" - hehe, the things best friends do eh?

If Frank keeps up this form and leads us to the title he'll be football player of the year

I think most people here know that Frank is currently a hat-trick short of a 100 career league goals. But, who did he score his first league goal against, and who was it for?

Clue: his first leaguie goal wasn't an English team.

I never thought it would be possible but i think super frank has went up another level in his game. The guy is a freak of nature and by christ i love him.

It's been said before but I feel what was killing him was the relative lack of width in our play of previous seasons. Now with Cole and Bosingwa providing options for him to play the ball over the top and stretch defenses, Lamps is finding a lot more options and a lot more space to exploit.

lamps is worth every penny of his new contract

and long may he continue to do what he does

What? The one he held the club ransom during the summer after all the 'I love Chelsea' declarations and badge kissing & thumping? And the way he tried to undermine Scolari's first press conference with us through his agent?

Yes, his current form is great but he's not a legend after what happened in the summer imo.

What? The one he held the club ransom during the summer after all the 'I love Chelsea' declarations and badge kissing & thumping? And the way he tried to undermine Scolari's first press conference with us through his agent?

Yes, his current form is great but he's not a legend after what happened in the summer imo.

Bollocks!

Couldn't disagree more Biru.

If Frank isn't a legend of modern day football, then I don't know who is. Yes this summer things got a bit unsavoury, but we have no real way of knowing exactly who was to blame in that whole saga, so to demote him on that account is VERY harsh indeed.

Legend in my eyes, that's for sure.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I was up for us selling him this summer (and he would have left a legend IMO) but given how good he's been so far, I have never been happier to be proved wrong and long may it continue.

Edited by Tim

Couldn't disagree more Biru.

If Frank isn't a legend of modern day football, then I don't know who is. Yes this summer things got a bit unsavoury, but we have no real way of knowing exactly who was to blame in that whole saga, so to demote him on that account is VERY harsh indeed.

Legend in my eyes, that's for sure.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I was up for us selling him this summer (and he would have left a legend IMO) but given how good he's been so far, I have never been happier to be proved wrong and long may it continue.

Yeah, there is his agent. But I'm pretty sure his agent won't do anything that Frank doesn't approve in the first place.

A legendary status shouldn't be EASY to get, so no I'm not being harsh.

Edited by biru