Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

coco

Spuds Vs Chelsea (PL) Wed 04/01/ 2017 KO 20:00 GMT

856 posts in this topic

Bin dippers came through one there, increases the pressure on this game, could close the gap to 3 if we stumble here, good news we are 10 clear of city, 9 clear of le arse if they win tomorrow who I still see as the bigggest threats, dippers will bottle at some point, the other thing to think about is if we beat Tottenham we are 16 points above 5th place, so even if we are plagued with injury or loss in form it would be near enough impossible not to get a top 4 finish, this game is huge in so many ways, we will need to be far more st it than today, especially in defence. 

There is no reason that we can't continue our beautiful run and win our tough opponent. We're back to the top, we're back to be the strong team that shows great attacking football, great defense, and great TEAM. This is going to be a really tough battle, but I believe in Conte and hopefully we're going to win this match as well.

Our title hopes are coming closer to us, but we have a strong opponent on our back, so this is the main reason why we have to give everything we got to win this match and continue our fantastic. I'm always optimistic about my team, especially this one.

I'd like to see this starting line:

------------------------ Courtois -------------------------

---- Azpilicueta ------ David Luiz -------- Cahill -----

Moses ------- Kante ----- Fabregas ------- Marcos Alonso

------------- Willian ------------------- Hazard -----------------

--------------------- DIEGO COSTA --------------------------

Fabregas was good against Stoke, his assists are special and important. If we will start our game with pressure, will attack and be dangerous, then Fabregas would be the key for us. Maybe it's a little bit risky defensively, but I believe we should start with pressure on them, at their home, in front of their fans. Play hard against them and score first. 

COME ON CHELS!!!!!!!!

They're are a very very good team but I feel we're just a little bit better than them and could nick it. Only thing I worry is the thuggery from their players towards Hazard. Wouldn't surprise me if they're instructed to injure him and we also need to watch our behavior as we don't a brawl and points deduction hanging over us. 

Fansince65 likes this

14 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

There is no reason that we can't continue our beautiful run and win our tough opponent. We're back to the top, we're back to be the strong team that shows great attacking football, great defense, and great TEAM. This is going to be a really tough battle, but I believe in Conte and hopefully we're going to win this match as well.

Our title hopes are coming closer to us, but we have a strong opponent on our back, so this is the main reason why we have to give everything we got to win this match and continue our fantastic. I'm always optimistic about my team, especially this one.

I'd like to see this starting line:

------------------------ Courtois -------------------------

---- Azpilicueta ------ David Luiz -------- Cahill -----

Moses ------- Kante ----- Fabregas ------- Marcos Alonso

------------- Willian ------------------- Hazard -----------------

--------------------- DIEGO COSTA --------------------------

Fabregas was good against Stoke, his assists are special and important. If we will start our game with pressure, will attack and be dangerous, then Fabregas would be the key for us. Maybe it's a little bit risky defensively, but I believe we should start with pressure on them, at their home, in front of their fans. Play hard against them and score first. 

COME ON CHELS!!!!!!!!

Kante and Matic will be starting. No way Conte will leave our midfield that weak physically. Fabregas might come on later if we need to score.

Argo likes this

3 minutes ago, Ivanov87 said:

Kante and Matic will be starting. No way Conte will leave our midfield that weak physically. Fabregas might come on later if we need to score.

Well, I'm 99% sure Kante and Matic will start which is not a bad idea. I just showed my opinion.

I think we'll need Matic in there over Cesc. They'll want to control the ball, and Matic is the better option to contain the middle alongside Kantr.

It'll be a tricky game, and they'll have every reason to be very motivated going in. If we play at our best we win, but we'll likely need a better start than we had at the Bridge earlier in the year.

Must be very difficult being a Spurs fan though, there's barely a likeable player in their whole squad. A real nasty streak about a few of them, and they're hilariously petulant when it doesn't go their way.

Matic was saved for this game, hope he comes back in fresh.  Luiz needs some rest, but we can't afford to rest him yet, JT will need to be fit and ready just in case.

Willian or Pedro is becoming a really difficult and welcome problem.

DonAntonio, erskblue and Theafonis like this

2 hours ago, coco said:

Matic was saved for this game, hope he comes back in fresh.  Luiz needs some rest, but we can't afford to rest him yet, JT will need to be fit and ready just in case.

Willian or Pedro is becoming a really difficult and welcome problem.

Terry or Zouma? At JT's age he needs game time, ring rust stays longer than on a youngster and Zouma showed in the past he can have no game time walk into a big game and perform. Sad to say but I dont trust a GC JT pairing at the back anymore one or the other but not both. 

Very importantly, win, lose or draw conte MUST ensure our players do not get involved in ANYTHING that could be seen as a failure to control our players. 

I have little doubt that the nasty trash Spurs have in their defence will not only be trying to end our winning run, but get points deducted off us too. I am sure they will be allowed to get away with any number of fouls with few bookings while we get the expected red card. 

erskblue, Theafonis, Boyne and 7 others like this

Motivation should be there, breaking record by beating spurs? I think we'll be up for it..

Have to say the fixture have been kind for us, we are the only side who have 4+3 days rest in between the 3 games within 1 week.. mu, city & liverpool will play again tomorrow despite having played just yesterday so the FA can be pretty sweet at times..

erskblue likes this

I hope we stuff em good and proper.I hate the Spuds.I hope we get a strong referee to keep an eye on the likes of Dumbele and co.....UP THE CHELS !

erskblue likes this

Posted (edited)

Obviously, would love a win. But I wouldn't be disappointed with a draw here. This willl be a very tough game. Matic should partner Kante in the midfield to add more steel in the midfield.

would go with 

courtois 

azbi luiz cahill

moses Kante matic Alonso 

willian costa hazard 

bring on pedro and fabregas if we need to change the game 

Edited by Jezq8
Hemel Blue likes this

21 minutes ago, Jezq8 said:

Obviously, would love a win. But I wouldn't be disappointed with a draw here.

After 13 wins in a row, I can understand where you're coming from but to be stopped by spurs? Nope...

4 hours ago, bola said:

Motivation should be there, breaking record by beating spurs? I think we'll be up for it..

Have to say the fixture have been kind for us, we are the only side who have 4+3 days rest in between the 3 games within 1 week.. mu, city & liverpool will play again tomorrow despite having played just yesterday so the FA can be pretty sweet at times..

Has nothing to do with FA. We were supposed to play on Monday but Sky moved us to Wednesday 

BrexitBasher likes this

This is a big call for sure and I'll likely either take a pasting, or be laughed off the forum, however I would leave Eden on the bench and send out both Willian and Pedro from the start.

Eden has taken a fair few kickings of late and against Stoke he didn't look himself; at times even Alonso was getting further forward than him and he appeared a little lethargic and worn out.

To be honest, the vile filthy cheating Spuds will be all out to get him right from the off.

Am not saying don't bring him on at all, simply rest him if we can, use him as our impact sub should the need arise.

I would also start Matic over Fabs and again bring on Fabs should the need arise.

Think the extra rest will help us as Spurs play a high intensity game so it will be interesting to see how they do after 60 mins.