PloKoon13
I don't like that kind of talk
- Messages
- 26,071
- Reaction score
- 13,726
Heard the sad news this morning that legendary wart-bearing, bass-wielding hedonist Lemmy has died of cancer.
This was apparently posted on the Motörhead Facebook page this morning:
Horrible news, he seemed like the unstoppable force in terms of living large, he took it to absurd levels. Judging by the documentary film (which I highly recommend if you're a fan) there may not have been a man alive who took consumption of sex, alcohol, and speed to such extremes.
Also a mention for the summer during which it was far too hot, but Lemmy didn't want to stop playing on his favourite fruit machine at the pub... so started wearing hot pants:
This man apparently had sex with thousands of women. What are you doing with your life?
I was lucky enough to see Motörhead about ten years ago and they played one of the best and most energetic shows I've ever seen. Cheers for the music and the memories Lemmy.
R.I.P.
Obligatory:
This was apparently posted on the Motörhead Facebook page this morning:
There is no easy way to say this…our mighty, noble friend Lemmy passed away today after a short battle with an extremely aggressive cancer. He had learnt of the disease on December 26th, and was at home, sitting in front of his favorite video game from The Rainbow which had recently made it’s way down the street, with his family.
We cannot begin to express our shock and sadness, there aren’t words.
We will say more in the coming days, but for now, please…play Motörhead loud, play Hawkwind loud, play Lemmy’s music LOUD.
Have a drink or few.
Share stories.
Celebrate the LIFE this lovely, wonderful man celebrated so vibrantly himself.
HE WOULD WANT EXACTLY THAT.
Ian ‘Lemmy’ Kilmister
1945 -2015
Born to lose, lived to win.
Please feel free to post your condolences, well wishes and memories on our official tribute page:
https://www.facebook.com/lemmykilmisterforlife
Horrible news, he seemed like the unstoppable force in terms of living large, he took it to absurd levels. Judging by the documentary film (which I highly recommend if you're a fan) there may not have been a man alive who took consumption of sex, alcohol, and speed to such extremes.
Also a mention for the summer during which it was far too hot, but Lemmy didn't want to stop playing on his favourite fruit machine at the pub... so started wearing hot pants:
This man apparently had sex with thousands of women. What are you doing with your life?
I was lucky enough to see Motörhead about ten years ago and they played one of the best and most energetic shows I've ever seen. Cheers for the music and the memories Lemmy.
R.I.P.
Obligatory: