Cover versions, part whatever + 1

I love a good cover version.  Excellent call mate.  Here goes




 
Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody to Love and White Rabbit are songs associated with Jefferson Airplane but they were originally performed by The Great Society. Grace Slick was in The Great Society and when she joined Airplane took the songs with her. 

I like Airplane's version of Somebody to Love but prefer the Great Society's version. 



@dkwThanks for posting the link above. Good that Mama Thornton's version of Houndog is included. I have to say that I think that is much better than the version by Elvis.

 
The original verison of Tainted Love was a song I fell in love with when I found out about it, its an amazing song. I was surprised by some of the famous songs once I started looking into it, I had no idea Dazed and Confused was a cover for example. 

 
The original verison of Tainted Love was a song I fell in love with when I found out about it, its an amazing song. I was surprised by some of the famous songs once I started looking into it, I had no idea Dazed and Confused was a cover for example. 
Might be something to do with Page and Plant claiming it as one of theirs. Which they did quite a lot.

 
  • Like
Reactions: dkw
Back
Top